Pages

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The first of my "Sassy Girls" series.....Cali

Howdy,

I hope everyone is well, and how about that memorial for Michael Jackson?????

I don't know about you all, but I will admit it.......I cried. My gosh, I grew up with his musical influence, and I'm only one year younger, so it really has been most of my life. I thought he was magical and his dancing was indescribable. I loved his songs and had a couple of his albums (Thriller & Bad) and can remember singing along to "ABC" on their cartoon show.

Well, now on to my first of a series of dolls I'm calling "Sassy Girls." My first one is named Cali and she's really not so much sassy as she is very dolly looking. She's got somewhat of a vintage look about her, and I created her outfit accordingly. I actually had made the legs, with shoes, months ago for another doll I was thinking about, but never got around to. These legs were "literally" hanging around my studio, and I figured I better get a wiggle on and get a doll made.

So, here's Cali:



She stands about 13" tall, and has exaggerated extremities (i.e. big head, hands, feet) maybe I did her in my image........no not really! Here's some more pic's:




Egads.........she's wearing undies, too!

These are the legs that started the whole thing.
I should have Cali on my Etsy site within the next couple of days for any of you who would love to give her a new home. She really wants a new home as it's getting crowded here with all my craft stuff, and more dolls on the way.
Thanks for stopping by, come back often.
Meri

2 comments:

CathWren said...

She is absolutely adorable Meri! Thank you so much for taking time to share her with us.

Ange said...

Hello Meri,

My name is Ange and I live in Gilbert with my husband and 9 children. I picked up a copy of Somerset Publication as well as an extra copy for an artist and childhood friend who lives in San Francisco. She pointed out your feature so I looked you up and found your site and blog. Your work is just lovely...

My family moved out here from Atlanta late last year and I just randomly picked up a sketch pad and realized I could do some things besides stick figures. I have also done a few collages. I would absolutely love to meet you and look at some of your creations for inspiration. We live off of Higley near Williams Field Road.

If you have a chance I would love to keep in touch with you. My email is angecogburn@cox.net.