Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Day four of the "Elizabeth Holcombe" project

Hello folks,

Well, it's zooooooooming along so fast, and I'm already at the painting stage.  Are you excited yet Elizabeth?  I know I am.  Here's the first coat of a white gesso base:



And here it is with it's first coat of red............don't freak out, the first coat always looks bad.  Let me get a couple more coats on and you'll see a difference:




So that's it for the fourth day, and although it doesn't seem like much, I spent most of the day sanding and sculpting to a refined piece.  However, with all the sanding I do, and hand-sculpting, I still do not give it a totally perfect finish.  It's not perfectly smooth........and that's because I want you to know that it's hand-sculpted and not machine produced.  So folks, when purchasing future pieces, just realize that it has knicks and uneven areas on purpose.

Take care,
Meri

2 comments:

Elizabeth Holcombe said...

The knicks and uneven places are your unique artist's signature! I love the progress!~~~XXOO, Beth

Sandy said...

Meri,
He is going to be super cute!!!!! Beth, you are so lucky! :)