Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

My end of the "Elizabeth Holcombe" project is done!

Howdy folks,

Here it is, January the 8th, and I finally got Elizabeth's pony done.  I had some issues with the yellow bow around the neck, as I couldn't find 2" wide, double sided yellow ribbon.  My fix was to sew one from pretty yellow satin purchased at the local "Hobby Lobby."  I like the finished product, and I shipped it off today for Monday delivery.  It cost a little more to ship it express, but it will be worth it to me to see how Elizabeth reacts, sooner, rather than 10 days from now.  This is the final product:













I think "Pony" turned out pretty cute, now I just hope and pray that it arrives safely into Elizabeth's crafty little hands.  I also want to let you all know how generous Elizabeth "Beth" Holcombe is.........


Check out these figurines!!!!!!!  She sent me 16.......I love em'!







The ephemera is awesome, I especially love the canning and cooking booklet.  Not only does it have wonderful recipes, but the ageing and graphics are wonderful.



Look at this lace edging.....it looks hand tatted, and there's so much of it!



She sent me a ton of vintage fabric remnants and one of them was still an intact apron so my oldest daughter, Caitlin, quickly snatched it up along with some other swatches of fabric.  This was okay, as it was sooooo tiny, and so is she, so it fit!  She immediately felt the need to bake, and proceeded to make a batch of orange brownies.............YUM!


I had asked Beth if she knew anyone, or did she participate in swaps and if not would she consider selling me some product.  Well, she proved to be one generous lady and sent me all this stuff!  I felt like it was Christmas, my birthday and so much more, as I opened the package.  I happen to have a huge love for vintage fabrics, Japanese figurines, vintage valentines and greeting cards, lace, ribbon, etc., so this was just a wonderful, wonderful way to start my day...........Thank you Beth!

Well, I only need confirmation from Beth that she received her pony and I can call an end to my 2010 blog contest.  I consider this inaugural year a success and I plan on having many small contests through the year, in addition to this big one which will be repeated at the end of this year.  Thank you again to all of you who signed up to follow me, and I look forward to getting to know more of you, participating in swaps/trades or just chatting.  I could literally chat forever, so take me up on it sometime.....;o)

Have a great weekend,
Meri

P.S.  There's a great give-away going on at http://rosieposie.typepad.com/mousetales/, check it out, it's awesome!

6 comments:

Elizabeth Holcombe said...

So glad you like your goodies, my friend. It was the very least I could do for you!~~~I am sitting here just all EXCITED at the wonderful artwork coming my way! I KNOW I WILL LOVE IT! The photos are divine! Thank you!~~~XXOO, Beth

Sandy said...

Meri,
I think you have found a real love in the sculpting! But I know after being with you the other day, that you are a very crative and talented person period! Let's plan on getting together to do those fun Valentine Swaps! :)

Creative Breathing said...

Dear Meri, It's Elizabeth of Creative Breathing. How wonderful to come for a visit and see two of my most favorite people in the comments before mine. Your profile was so special to read. You perfectly capture in words the lessons about art taught to me by mother who was an artist. Your sculptures are SO Beth! She will be estatic. And Sandy! You've met Sandy who just surprised me with a wonderful Christmas garland. That you live in Gilbert thrills me to no end. What a most beautiful place. I have been there in my Honeymoon Days. How is it that I craft so much? I have terrible OCD, and the stitching in the evening quiets numbers and letters that constantly stream through my head. A hidden disability. Art is my salvation! So happy to meet you! Elizabeth

Mama Magpie said...

LoVe that Elizabeth Holcombe, don't you?!
Looks like your haul rivals my auction heap!

Thanks for stopping by!

Melody said...

Thanks to Beth 'Elizabeth Holcombe' I have found you and your inspirational blog! I have become a follower and hope you visit me soon.1

Sandy said...

Meri,
I have given you an award...come check it out! :)