Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Art from a special girl!


Hello Friends,

Today, I am highlighting my "special girl," my stepdaughter Abby who is currently 14 years old and in 8th grade.  Abby came into my life about 13 years ago when I met my current husband Chris.  Chris introduced Abby to me, and I was instantly in love.  She's an exceptionally bright child, and as a result of attending a Montessori school since kindergarten (and the exceptional genetics from her father), she has now been accepted into an elite high school program where only students in the top 3 percent are allowed.  Abby has been consistently performing in the top 1% and needless to say, they have invited her to attend their school.   We are very proud of her and her future is open wide.

Last summer, to keep her occupied, we scheduled various projects and activities, one of which was taking drawing and painting lessons from my mom.  Over a period of a month or so, Abby went out to her grandma's house twice a week and learned sketching, perception, shading, how to see, etc., and then went to the next level and did some watercolor painting.  Abby just finished a unit in her upper division class on drawing with the right side of the brain (logic) and shutting off the left side (creativity).  I would like to show you some of her work.......because I'm so proud, and freakin' out about how amazing her work is.

Abby's drawings:
Sunglasses and a zippered bag


A telephone


Her hand

Her shoe

Self portrait

and my favorite of all........a soap dispenser!

Now if you click on these, of course you will get an enlarged version, and you will be able to see the amazing detail and shading she put into these.

Last weekend, we made a trip out to Grandma's where Abby presented her with 4 of her best drawings in honor of Grandma's patient teaching.  Grandma was surprised, and extremely proud and happy to get them.  Abby darling, you done good!

Her father and I are so looking forward to her coming years in high school, not only because of the amazing opportunities her new school will offer her, but because of how amazing she is anyway.  We are going to have so much fun!

Thank you for stopping by.

Hugs,
Meri

15 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Meri Sweetie...
I am so tickled for Miss Abbey. What an awesome job she did with her drawing. The pencil shading is exquisite and she has such potential. How very beautiful Miss Abbey. I am tickled pink for you, nad congratulations on being accepted into the school of your choice. You will do well.

Can't wait to see you the end of the month sweet friend. I just adore writing and visiting your blog. I can't wait for us to take a few roadtrips ourselves. Oh what journies we are going to take.

Country hugs Meri and so much love, Sherry

Jenny S said...

What an amazing post!! I can tell how proud you are of her!! Beautiful work Miss Abbey, keep it up!

BeautifulDees said...

This little gal has so much talent. I love to see someone take the talents they have and use them. You are a very interesting neat lady. My sister lives in Goodyear Arizona. Maybe some day I could meet you!
Love,debbie

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I am so excited to meet a new friend face to face!!! Our AZ blogger luncheon is going to be so much fun!!!!Get a grouop of ladies together and boy it is always fun!!!!Your daughter has quite the talent(I know you said step, but I prefer to call them daughter or son, I have some nieces and nephews that I have had the pleasure of adding to my family that way) She can draw very well, and did a great job using the LOGIC side of the brain!!!! Great job Abbey!!!!
Good luck to you in high school!!!!
Hugs,
jamie

Claudia said...

Meri,

Your dear Abbey is so talented! How proud you must be - I love her work. She clearly is a girl full of intelligence and talent - loved and supported by her family.

Thank you so much for telling us about her, my friend.

xo
Claudia

Mimi said...

HI Meri!!!
I did not realize you were an AZ blogger!!!!OH Yeah!!!SO you are coming to our luncheon right???
I tried to click on your follower button and it did not work, so I will let you know if your info shows up on my dashboard to allow me to keep track of your new posts, if it does not, I will have to ask my daughter or Sherry @ country wings why it is not allowing me to do that!!!!
My Brush with fame game on Mondays is a post I do every Monday of the famous people I have bumped into in my life, covers the past 30 years or so!!!!!!!
I have met or bumped into over 100 famous people!!! Not that we are NOT all FAmous!!!!haha
check out all the past Mondays!!!!
hugs,
jamie

Nan said...

Well this is one talented young girl and I can hardly tell you are proud of her lol...Thanks for introducing her to all of us. I can't draw a duck !!

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

wow! You all must be so proud of her! Can I take lessons from your Mom too? I admire anyone who can paint and draw so much...a wonderful talent to have. My husband and both boys and my Dad could draw beautifully...not me! boohoo. Have a wonderful weekend Meri. xoxo

Jennifer said...

I love this song - my mom used to play Judy Garland all the time - it gave me such a glow just to hear it today! Great drawings Miss Abbey! Stop by my blog sometime, Jennifer jennsthreegraces

Sandy said...

Hi, I'm your swap buddy. I've read some of your past blogs and I have several artists in my family also. I'm so pleased for your daughter, Abby, she's going to have such good fortune in her life.

My Grama's Soul said...

Hi Meri.....I haven't stopped by in a while..so I wanted to say hi. Looks like your step-daughter is an artist in the making. With you inspiring her no telling where she will go.

P.s. I want to see your tussie mussie (sp....??????)

See you soon,

Jo

Creative Breathing said...

Meri, This is such a special post. What an extraordinary girl! What a gift to your life. Thanks for the last few days - very new experience for me. Smile in place! Checked out paper - OMG! What a cute neighborhood we live in! Can't wait! E

My Vintage Studio said...

Wonderful talent!
Your post is beautiful...and you are so proud.

Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
Hugs, Sharon

Mollye said...

Oh Meri, She is so beautiful and wow what a talent. I know you are proud!

I'm reminding that you send your Bunny Package to Sandy at Quilting, sewing and life.blogspot.com/
Please contact her for her address if you do not already have it. Thanks, Mollye

日月神教-向左使 said...

av女優,aio,a片,日本a片,色情a片,成人影城,A片下載,情色,色情網站,色情影片,嘟嘟情人色網,成人網站,18成人,成人圖片區,成人貼圖站,微風成人,做愛,成人短片,性愛,三級片,無碼,a漫,h漫,自拍貼圖,85cc免費影片,走光,成人電影,成人影片,A片,A片下載,情色貼圖,情色,色情,a片,a片,a片