Pages

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cards from my Grandma's past

Hello Friends,

Today I thought I'd share some cards that I found in a box full of family photo's.  Most of them are dated and all of them are sent to my Grandma Stella LeSuer Wakefield.  You might like them, and please feel free to copy any images you see, as they can't be copy righted just because I own them.......I didn't create them!

Enjoy on this lovely, sunny, Sunday here in Gilbert, Arizona:






I will share some more at a later time, but for now, please enjoy these.  Some of them are Christmas cards, but I knew you'd love them anyway.

I'm participating in 3 swaps and have a luncheon coming up in which I have to make something.  You might understand that I've made this a short post, as I also have a show to get ready for in April.

I'm going to share a tiny, little sneak peek at a rose that I made which is on the Tussie Mussie I created for Debra at HopHopJingleBoo, but I can't show the whole thing, or it wouldn't be a surprise to her.  Here's a peek:



She and I are also exchanging paper dolls, so I'm really excited to get this swap going.  I'm also in a "bunny swap" and I have one person I'm sending to, and another that will send to me.......which makes this swap a little interesting.  I'm also in the tag swap with Elizabeth and others over at Creative Breathing.  It's based on vintage kitchen utensils and I'm creating mine as a set of canisters........should be very interesting, and I'll post piccy's after I've mailed them off.

Have a lovely Sunday, and here's lookin' to the comin' week!

Hugs,
Meri

11 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Meri Sweetie...
I love your post today. I love this rose with all the sparkly things on it. I can't wait to see the rest of it ofcourse.

You are a busy lady participating in all of these wonderful swaps and such. Where on earth do you find the time? Plus you are getting ready for your show in April with Sandy. My gosh your hands must be whizzing all the time. Do you ever sleep?

I can't wait for the 27th. I am so anxious to meet you. Have a beautiful Sunday sweetie.

Country hugs and much love, Sherry

Jan (J.T.) Thomason said...

thank you for sharing your "finds". so sweet.
isn't it so cool to uncover those kinds of things??

Sandy said...

What wonderful cards Meri! And you know how I feel about these roses.....love at first sight! I think you should figure a way to sell them!

ruthie said...

Dear Meri, thank you for your lovely words on my blog! lovely to meet you. In answer to your question, i drew the images. I do love the cards you found, especially the bottom faerie one, beautiful. Have a wonderful week x

gail said...

Hi Meri,, YOu sound as busy as I am! lol The rose is very pretty, cant wait to see more..
When I was a little girl I would be visiting my Grandma and she have old heart shaped valentine boxes full of old cards. I would go through them for hours and play with them. I wonder what happened to them? Thanks for the memories though. (()) gail

SharDon Exclusives said...

Meri, thank you so very very much for the lovely images! I love each and every one of them. I am involved in the swap also and I have them all packed up and ready to ship tomorrow. I know she will enjoy your lovely work,
Sharon

Creative Breathing said...

Catching up Meri! I can't get over the rose on your tussie. It looks so real. I am very excited about our tag swap. You must peak at Always Home's apron tags. Busy week at work has kept my hands still. Good thing! Thank you so much again for your encouraging words. Bad spell behind me now. Please let me return your kindness anytime at all! Elizabeth

Ange said...

Meri, It is so great to see how you are creating more and more and expanding your art! The rose is absolutely gorgeous! Of course I am always inspired by your inventions and creations!

Love,
Ange

Charlotte said...

Hi Meri. I'm glad I found you. I saw your comment on Sherry's blog and since you live in the Phx area, I decided to drop over and meet you. I love the photos of the cards you shared here. I'm looking foreward to meeting you at the tea.
Hugs,
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

Nice brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Meri,
I'm just peeking out from beneath swap projects myself and trying to visit some blogs that I don't get to often enough. The cards you showed are all so pretty and isn't it wonderful that they from your family. I thought the Bible verse on the last one was odd for a "greeting" card.
I sure wish I could come to your craft bonanza..I'm sure you and Sandy will do great! Seeing her tags for Elizabeth's swap makes me nervous about my own. Yikes, they're good!
Have a good weekend!
xoxo
Joyce