Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Fun new additions to my collections

Howdy,
Well I haven't been creating much lately, as I'm still recovering from the past 8 months.  I've got a lot more grey hair, more weight, and I'm soooooooo tired.  No my husband hasn't found a job yet, so to cheer myself up I decided to photograph some recent finds (before husband was laid off), and I thought you'd all enjoy them too!
I did get a hair up my A** last night and started a scrap booking project, but I'll probably stop after I finish the front cover, as I tend to take on very ambitious projects and then abandon them.
Anyhoo, I spend a lot of time going to all your blogs and getting terribly jealous of all the goodies you seem to find at estate sales, flea markets and shops.  I've complained for years that we just don't get good stuff here in Arizona, and I realized I might actually have some goodies I think we can all agree are fun to look at.  Now did I get them dirt cheap like most of you do.....NO, and that's why there isn't as much stuff, but I fell in love with them............soooooo here they are:
A nice crochet collar $3

Adorable set of either kittens or squirrels (not sure)
salt and pepper shakers in perfect condition $3

A nice piece of crochet edging, actually there were two
pieces for $3

An old cartoonish advertisement $4

Another adorable set of bluebird shakers, and yes they are
Lefton  and in almost mint condition $4

Vintage clown noisemaker, the bane of all mothers $2
A very sweet gift from Sandy of "521 Lakestreet"

 
A closer look!

A toddler girls slip or nightie in mint condition $6

An adorable tin with the cutest kitty and fishbowl $8

A better look!

More lovely crochet edging with purple trim $2

A wonderful, uncut, paper doll book with 22 paper dolls,
and it seems like millions of outfits $15

Another view.......amazing isn't it?

And still more!!!  Too many pages to photograph.

A lovely, pristine, dresser scarf with this puppy design
on both ends $8
And a shot of all the goodies together.....pretty drool worthy
I think...........and they're MINE!

Okay, that's not too weird is it?  I just get so frustrated sometimes as I've mentioned in the past how a lot of folks move to Arizona as snowbirds or permanently retired and they rid themselves of all their treasures before they move out here.  That's why all you lovely folks back east or in the Midwest can find all these wonderful goodies most of the time, and I can't.

I also find lot's of lovelies on Ebay, but I end up paying an arm and a leg for them, not to mention shipping.

Thank you for letting me show-off my treasures.  Once my husband finds employment, I shall be back at work sculpting and getting in trouble......tee hee!

Lot's of love,
Meri


15 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

Fabulous finds, Meri! I LOVE those Lefton birdies! If you ever find you don't want them anymore--let me know! I feel like I never find anything good here, either...just got back 5 minutes ago from my Saturday morning "junkin" ritual, and didn't come home with much! Oh, well...the thrill of the chase, right?!

Sorry things have been so hard lately...my husband lost his job last year, too, so I know how you feel...life takes turns sometimes--I know you've had a lot lately...funny how we find ways to just keep going. It will all be fine...hang in there, my friend!

Wishing you a wonderful weekend--thanks for sharing your sweet finds!

Julie

Michelle said...

Those are SO CUTE!!!!! I am completely jealous of the blubird Lefton shakers. And $4, was it? What a great deal! LOve it all!:) Hope your husband finds work soon.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love all your goodies!! I love going to the Melrose district and The Brass Armadillo here!! Two of my fave places for antiques!

Marydon said...

Wow! What a coup! for you Meri. Love everything but those blue birds are fav's.

Hope hubby finds a job soon ... rough out there.

Have a lovely weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Scrap for Joy said...

I sure hope you have a change of luck soon dear Meri! Sometimes opportunities come from the oddest places at the strangest times. You need to rest and take care of yourself. The last months (I guess a year I bet) have taken a toll and you need to take care of yourself. Your treasures are all wonderful..I don't think the prices were bad.
Take care...sending a ((hug))
xoxo
Joyce

My Vintage Mending said...

I have to say your prices were pretty good. Nothing more than a mere dollar or so over what I pay here. Those lefton birds were a steal. I am just waiting for the day we can do this together...smiles...Renee

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Those are Awesome finds! My favorite are the bluebird S&P and the puppy linen!
Not sure where in AZ you live... I would think there would be an anitque mall or 2 to shop at and a thrift store??!!!
My BIL was layed off and he is 56... we are still in a recession, no matter what the President says!
Will pray for your hubby to find the right job!
Loved seeing your new goodies!
Warmly,
deb

Kim K. said...

I've been scrolling up and down taking all your delightful treasures. Your paper dolls are just delightful and that kitten tin is just adorable. Of course the blue birds are just perfect. I picked up a bag of crochet edging at Goodwill today. Not sure what I need it for, but I couldn't leave it behind.

Thinking of you and your hubby. I hope things lighten up soon.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

So many pretty things...but the paper dolls are just the best! So perfect and sweet! ♥♥♥

Linda Ruthie said...

The kitten image is so sweet. Thank you for sharing.
Wonderful vintage goodies! My favorites are the S&P shakers. The first set look more like squirrels to me. I also love the embroidered dresser scarf and the paper dolls, both things I remember fondly from my childhood.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
♥ Linda

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Wowzy! What a bunch of cheerful items to put a smile on your face! I think they are squirrels? No matter what, they are really cute!
Blessings,
Susie

busymartha said...

Such sweet finds Meri, love them all! Can't find many treasures in Victoria either.Our second hand stores are picked clean these days! Boo-hoo!

Lorraine said...

Very fun additions!! My faves are the bluebird salt and pepper shakers and the puppy dresser scarf. Good luck to your husband. ~Lorraine

donna said...

You found some great things and I think at pretty good prices. Wish you could come to Texas at the end of March we are going thriting in acres and acres of goodies. People from all over set up booths.
You are in my prayers. Hope your hubby finds work soon.
Hugs
donna

Tammy's in Love said...

Just looking through your old treasures will cheer you up Miss Meri! Who wouldn't love those little paper dollies!? If you're having a bad day, I say, punch those babies out and dress 'em up, it'll make you feel like a kiddo again!
XXOO,
Tammy