Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

I'm Baaaaaaaaaack!

Yipee Skipee

Hi Folks,

The biggest reason I haven't been blogging is.....my husband has been in the Philippines for the past five weeks, and not only have I had to do an extra huge amount of driving (which I'm not keen on) I've been hustling around scrounging money for bills, taking my mom on errands, working on Viv's sculpt, redecorating my craft room/studio......the list goes on.  In addition, I've missed my husband terribly and I do not sleep well when he's gone so it has affected me greatly.  I just don't feel like doing anything when my perfect mate is gone.....but he's back now......oh happy day (picture me dancing cause it's really not gonna' happen).  Inside I'm whole again and I've had the best two days of sleep in a very long time.  I told a few of you, in emails, but for security reasons I just didn't want to say anything while he was gone.

Anyhoo, there's a lot going on right now and next week I promise I'll post piccy's of the goodies he brought me, the progress on Viv's sculpture, my craftroom and I'll restart my Etsy store.  I'm also working on a website, but for now I'm just gonna' show you a preview of some of the newer pieces going in my Etsy store.  

Here's "Rooty Tooty Rooster":


"Little Lamb":


"Gerry Giraffe":


"Plaid Puppy":


And "Smart Kitty":


These will be available next week in my shop, and the rest that I still have will be on sale, so please keep an eye out for my announcement of my reopened store.

Have a great weekend!
Meri


18 comments:

Kim K. said...

Welcome back to you and your HUBBY! I totally understand not sleeping well when your bedmate is gone. I'm the exact same way. You've been busy and let's hope that you can relax a bit easier now.

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Your new work is darling! I'm happy your back to blogging, and back to feeling safe with your hubby being home!
Erica :)

Tammy's in Love said...

Oh MeriMeri (quite contrary)! You have been a busy little beaver while you've been away from us. I know there was a request for you to help decorate someone else's craft room too! Hee hee! Your sculpts are the 'bee's knees' of cuteness! Glad your hunny is home!

Tammy

Lisa said...

Can't wait to see pictures of all you've been working on! We've missed you and are so glad your honey is home and you are back too!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad hubby is back safe and sound! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee your sculptures!! They are FAB!! And I will get my new addy to you as soon as we move... I promise!

donna said...

Welcome back Meri. I know just how you feel it is hard for me to sleep when my sweet husband is away too. You have been a busy gal. Love your creations. They are so sweet.
Hugs
donna

My Vintage Mending said...

Ahhhh! I am so glad you are back to your old self again. How wonderful it must be...I love these new pieces and can't wait to see what you bring to us all. Enjoy your time and don't dance too much..smiles...Renee

NanE said...

Oh my gosh they are all so sweet! I think the rooster is my fav! Have a wonderful new week, Nan

Little Susie Home Maker said...

So nice to get to read a new post from you! I can hardly stand how cute the little rooster is!!! I will sure be checking out your Etsy store! Yay!
Blessings,
Susie

Perfectly Printed said...

Welcome back!! Missed seeing your lovely creations!!

chris

Flora said...

Wow Meri, Your whimsical creations are are so delightful!!! LOVELOVELOVE, the rooster and the kitty the most!!!, Glad to hear your dh is back,I hated it when mine had to leave out of the country for work too!!!
Blessings,Flora

Claudia said...

Glad your husband arrived home safe and sound, my friend! I've been sleeping better without Don, but that's really only because the hotel bed is much better than ours. We desperately need a new bed! But i do miss cuddling.

Love your little lamb sculpt. You know I'm partial to those little lambs!

xo
Claudia

Chenille Cottage said...

You are one happy girl! I remember when my husband was in the Persian Gulf for six months...I felt like a new bride when he returned! I am so happy for you, sweet

You darling creations put a smile on my face each time I visit!
Enjoy your darling husband!
Carolynn

agravette said...

so glad your hubby is back! i can't imagine how you feel with him gone...i know i would miss mine terribly if he were away for so long! hope you catch up on your sleep over the next few nights! hugs to you!!

Linda Ruthie said...

You have been quite busy. I didn't have a chance to miss you because I also have been MIA from blogging for a number of weeks. I'm glad we're both back.
Your sculptures are so fun!Love the rooster.

vintage grey said...

Welcome back!! Glad your husband is home safe!! Love your beautiful creations!! The "Smart Kitty" is my favorite!! Have a great week!! xo Heather

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oh, what happy news to have your hubby back. We'll look forward to seeing the goodies he brought home for you.
Your sculptures just keep getting better and better, Meri!
Take care,
Mary Lou

Jenny said...

Hooray! I'm so glad he's back where he belongs!