Pages

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

It's hot here, so here's some cool goodies!


Howdy from the hot west!

Yep, we're supposed to be between 113-120 degrees this week.  I know they say it's extreme, but hey, we're used to it out here!  I'll let you in on a secret, a crazy secret; we've signed up for a special power plan out here where we get charged .31 per kilowatt from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. (Monday through Friday), and only .07 per kilowatt for weekends and all other times.  My real secret is; I don't use air conditioning between 3-6 (the three hottest hours of the day) and with our extra insulation it only gets to 82 degrees in the house for those three hours.  This plan saves us over a thousand dollars a year on cooling costs.  We also have a big freezer in the garage and it's on a timer to be shut off for those three hours......saves lot's of money!

Now don't go thinkin' there's no sufferin' cause there's plenty.  I have a medical condition which keeps my body temperature higher than regular folks, so I'm always sweating (I know you could have done without that bit of info).  However, this is when I turn on two fans in my bedroom, lay down and take a nap.  If I'm not doin' anything, then I don't sweat as much!  I think it's pretty thrifty of me.......hey, you gotta' do some extreme things when your husband is out of work.  Thank goodness, he now has a new job, which is contract to hire with........drum roll please...........PAYPAL!!!!!  I know, is that great or what?

I'm so proud of him.

Okay, nuff about us, here's some more goodies.  A couple are repeats, but most are new.  Next week I'll show you the fun stuff my dear hubby got me as a reward for my recent battle/withdrawal, and I'll show you the Blog Banner's I've made to swap with wonderful friends.






























Have a great week, wherever you are, and please take care in extreme heat or flooding.

Hugs,
Meri

22 comments:

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Meri-
Thank you SO MUCH for this batch of cuties! I love all the anthropomorphic guys in here!
Stay cool, though it sounds like you have that all figured out!
Erica :)

E said...

Meri you spoil us ... kittie cats and bluebirds ewww does not get cuter ! Thanks, Elaine

Kim K. said...

Squeal! I'm so behind on paper crafting. Your images are absolutely perfect for upcoming projects. I've been too busy painting toadstools and sweating outside. Thank you, sweetie! Take good care of yourself.

Tammy's in Love said...

Ya Hoo! That's a boat load for graphics! I love all the tea party illustrations! I host High Tea and love to make tags for the guests! I will now stop complaining about 102 in Minnesota...you trumped that big time!

chris mckinley said...

So glad your husband has gotten a job!! Thanks for sharing this great images!

chris

vivian said...

when it gets in the 90's here I start to whine.. I cannot imagine any hotter..
YOu take care of yourself in that heat girlfriend!
Thats one nice thing about work.. they keep the air on so that you actually want to wear a sweater sometimes! (thats excessive!)
anyways.. off to work I go.. have a nice day
xoxo
vivian

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Hey... I ain't gonna agree with ya on the 'we're used to it' part! LOL!!! I hate it here!! lol!! I'm just here cause - eh- circumstances and leave it at that! lol! Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy for hubby and PayPal!!!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi Meri,
Thanks for stopping by and your well wishes about our upcoming twins.
I was so happy to hear about your husband's new job. What a blessing!!
Take care,
Mary Lou

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Thanks for the sweet images. I wonder if they have that cowgirl outfit in my size! Stay cool...stay inside! Hugs!

My Vintage Mending said...

Oh these are cute. I can't figure out why this didn't show up in my reader? Time for a reboot. I love to scroll through all your images for inspiration. Stay cool...smiles...Renee

Shirley Hatfield said...

I was so excited to see the cool typewriter...I immediately made it into a signature for my blog! Thank you for sharing...I know it's a lot of work to clean up some graphics and take out the backgrounds. You are sweet and unselfish...stay cool my friend!

Mimi said...

HI!!!
MY NEIGHBOR is on that plan and LOVES it.......I need to look into that....we are on the SRP budget plan...pay the same all year long...and it is not bad...I love that I build up a NICE credit to use in the summer.....so I will start using my credit this month...if you are sitting down and or napping 8d2 is NOt bad....with fans.......better then outside!!!!
Take care and good to see all your cute items!!
hope you are feeling better
hugs,
jamie

Dorothy said...

Thanks for the A/C tips, Meri, will have to tell my hubby about that! He will love it. I always keep it too cool for him and Wilma!
Love the cute graphics and I'm happy for you and your husband about his new job! Blessings, Dorothy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Saving money is good! Taking a nap when it's hot is better and the best news is that your hubby has a job!!!
Thanks for sharing your graphics! I'm almost finished with my tag!
Keep Cool...I sure can relate as we had that weather last week!
Deb :)

Linda Ruthie said...

Your images are always so sweet and such beautiful colors and resolution. Loving the coffee and tea pots and cups. Thank you for sharing so many cuties with us.
Take care in that extreme heat and Yahoo! on hubby's new job.

donna said...

Wow no a/c between 3 and 6 that is brutal. We came through Arizona once and stopped for gas I got out of the car and got right back in. Bless your you heart I hope you can stay cool. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful images.
Hugs,
donna

vintage grey said...

Aah, these are such sweet images!! Love the kitty! Thanks for always sharing such cuteness!! Stay cool and drink lots of iced tea! ;) xo Heather

Creative Breathing said...

Meri, I love your goodie days! I have saved some cuties for a project. Such good news about PayPal. We all love the big P! Keep cool Meri! Elizabeth

Claudia said...

You guys are very smart about saving money! What a neat plan. And kudos to you for hanging in there during the hottest hours of the day.

Yay for work for your husband!!

xo
Claudia

Nan said...

I'm catching up on blog here Meri and see you have the extreme opposite of us up here in Alaska. I just read today 7-14 that Anchorage has the coldest summer on record and I believe we do too 250 miles South in Homer. I'm not sure we've even made 60 degrees here yet. July 24th I have a relative coming to stay a week from FL. She keeps asking about what to wear. I tell her to you it's going to be very cold! Take Care. Nan

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Oh Meri! That is terribly hot! I am glad you figured out a way to save some money. You have always got the cutest images to look at. I just enjoy looking at them so much!!
Blessings,
Susie

retrorevival.biz said...

Hi Meri. So wonderful to hear the good news about your hubbs ~ yay! BTW, MY hubbs' job is all about making that sort of electrical system world-wide. Small world, hu?! Anyway, I have my own personal heating system; believe it's technically memopause but in any event I'm burning up! Doesn't help that it's 90 here with 100% humidity so I've been walking around with a wet bandana from the fridge wrapped around my neck. Stay cool, my friend:)

~Cindy