Pages

Monday, September 10, 2012

Another break from cleaning


Howdy all,

I hope everyone is doing well.......Me???  I'm takin' another break from my re-organizing and cleaning.  Yes folks, the mess is that big!  I thought I'd show you the hat I'm sending off to my swap partner "Barb" in Vivians awesome Halloween Witch Hat Swap.  I started with a brown paper mache hat form from Michaels, and proceeded to cover it in fun Halloween paper.  I got some frayed streamers from Crafty Secrets and stitched a gathering stitch down the middle.  I then hand gathered the streamer into a fluffy garland that I then hot glued around the edge of the hat.  I printed out the moon and cat image on my photo paper, and added orange lace to the outside of the moon.  I glued the cat onto a small section of fencing that I got at Michaels, which I painted with Tim Holtz "picket fence" crackle paint.  I bought the topper at Michaels as well, and then glued on an ornament that says "the witch is in."



I don't have pictures of the underneath, but I covered the bottom of the brim with paper, as well, and created a gathered fabric lining for the interior.  The whole project probably took me an hour, but I think it turned out really cute.  I'll post images of what I get in the swap when I get it.  I'm sending a lot of other goodies along, and I hope my swap partner will show them off.

I've cleaned up a few more graphics for ya'll.











These next graphics are scans from a vintage women's magazine I have.  I just love all the vintage fashions, so I hope you can use these too.







This is another cleaned up graphic.......isn't it just adorable?

Have fun crafting, and please send me piccy's of anything you make with the graphics I give you, I'd love to see them.

Hugs,
Meri

20 comments:

busymartha said...

Always nice to hear from you Meri! Don't work too hard, Marilyn.

Kim K. said...

How darling is that hat!!! I used one of your Halloween graphics on partner's witch hat. It's so much fun to see how everyone is interpreting their hat design.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

WOwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! That hat is AMAZING Meri!! I am IN LOVE!!!!!

Tammy's in Love said...

Great graphics! I love the many choices on girls this time! The hat will delight the receiver, I'm sure! All that in an hour? What a milliner you are!

My Vintage Mending said...

Beautiful images and that is a great hat. I finished mine too and hope to get it packed soon...boy I can't wait to see this room....smiles...Renee

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Meri your hat turned out great!
Your swap partner is a lucky girl.
Thank you so much for all the images! As always...they are the cutest ever!
Erica :)

vivian said...

love THE HAT!!! your partner will too.
It'll feel so good to you once youre done in that room. Im struggling to stay awake this evening.. I was going to work in my craft room... but a magazine is calling me to the couch!
sweet dreams
xoxoxo

A Vintage Chic said...

FABULOUS hat, Meri! Your swap partner with LOVE it! Where did you find that amazing moon image? Vintage moons are just about my favorite thing...

All your other images are so sweet--you're so generous to share them with us!

Wishing you a wonderful day, my friend!

Julie

retrorevival.biz said...

Now THAT'S a witch hat, Meri! Awesome job:)

~Cindy

Short and Sweet said...

LOVE the hat...you are so creative! The graphics are darling and thank you for sharing them. Looking forward to the luncheon.

Jenny said...

That's not a hat!

That's a masterpiece!

chris mckinley said...

A little behind on my blog comments! What a great witches hat!!! Such a lucky swap partner!!

chris

craftyles said...

I can't believe it's taken me so long to get over to your blog. I've heard about it forever, It's gonna take me some time to scroll back, but I can't wait to enjoy every bit.Love those vintage graphics!

Something Special said...

I can't stand it, that Halloween creation is the most spectacular piece! Bravo. I am having a giveaway over at my blog in honor of my new grandchild! Come get entered! Hugs to you!

Celestial Charms said...

Meri, your vintage inspired witch hat is soooooooooo wonderful. Each detail is perfect. Love your sweet images, too. Thanks for sharing them.
Maureen

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Meri,
Thanks for leaving the nice comment about my new granddaughter. We are all really excited about her. I also want to thank you for your generous sharing of all the wonderful images you find. Without them I would have the most boring posts! I also still have not written you a proper thank you for all the wonderful things you sent me, which I fully intend to do. You are such an amazing friend.
Hugs,
Julie

Mimi said...

HI MERI!!!
your vintage witch HAT is adorable!!!GREAT JOB!!!More fun then cleaning I must say!!!good idea!!!
love all your vintage looking darlings!!!Those clothes remind me of some time in the past...but fun times!!!
hugs,
jamie--MIMI

Chris - A Little Creation said...

I love the hat!! I'm participating in Viv's hat swap as well. I think everyone has the same hat form, it was too perfect not to use. =] It's fun to see what supplies others are using in their hat's
Chris

Lynn Stevens said...

What a darling Witch hat, no doubt she Loves it. now if your done cleaning you can come do mine.... LOL
hugs Lynn

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Oh, my goodness! I just adore all your pretty graphics! The little lamb reminds me of the decal on a baby doll crib I just purchased! So cute! You are just so good at these graphics!
Blessings,
Susie