Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Brief interruption of my re-organizing



Hello All,

I've been very busy with reorganizing my craft room, but I'm by no means done yet.  I've even had my good friend Sandy (of 521 Lakestreet) over a couple of times to help, as well as my oldest sister Lin.  I'm probably halfway done, and yes, it's a huge task.  I had a bloggers luncheon last year in April, right before all the troubles began with my mom, and it never really got cleaned up or organized since.  On top of all that, this has been an extremely wet, humid and very dusty summer and there's not a building in Arizona that doesn't get dust in it this time of year.  With my pain levels increased since going off of narcotics, I've been steadily chipping away at the huge task, but I get worn out very quickly.  I will definitely post piccy's of everything when it's done........it's very colorful, and at the end of this post I have piccy's of a redone dresser that is now in my new sewing area.

Please stop by my shop for Halloween goodies, as they are starting to sell and I don't want anyone to miss out.

First I want to post piccy's of the banners I've received so far from awesome blogging friends.  I'm still expecting 3 more, but I want to share my bounty so far.

This is from the exceptionally lovely Elizabeth
of "Creative Breathing"
It's always a joy to swap with her!

From the sweet Deb of "Garage Sale Gal"
A very pretty miss in pink and blue.

From Erica of "Golden Egg Vintage"
Totally explains herself on this banner,
so cute, too!

From another dear friend, Renee of
"My Vintage Mending."  I love to send her goodies
because she's so crafty and will usually use them.
Plus, she's so dang talented!

From my friend across the pond
Holly of "Pixies Ponderings."
Some day when I get back over to England, I'm
gonna look her up.

From another extremely talented seamstress......
Cindy of "RetroRevival Biz"
Don't you just love the vintage doilies?

From a super lady, and so cooly retro.....
Tammy of "Tammy's in Love"
Very bright and cheery!

From another lovely lady, Shirley of
"Zetta's Aprons" was the first to send one
to me.  She lovingly told a family story on the back.

This is from the neatest lady, Kim of
"Musings from Kim K"
How cute is that doll skirt?  I just love it.

If you don't see your banner here, and you know you sent it, don't worry.........I've still got a few more to take pictures of and post.  I'm also going to post a piccy of how I'm displaying them, once they are all in.

Now for a quick look at a project I did yesterday.  Now bear with me, as I didn't take a before picture, but I'm sure if you all imagine that this dresser was all white, you can now see the difference.  This is a section of a set of bookcases and storage from my childhood.  The set of shelves and other storage parts was originally in the dining room of a 857 square foot home in Scottsdale, AZ and this was home to our family of 7!  Yes, seven people in an 857 sq. ft. home!!!!!  Anyhoo, I ended up with these storage pieces/shelves, etc., and I have them all painted somewhat differently.  This piece is painted in "citrus" yellow/orange and a light aqua blue.  I used painters tape to block off the sections of different colors, and where I finally removed the tape was left white.  On top of the white stripe I used a piece of scrapbook paper cut into 12 strips and glued them over the white to almost look like inlay.  I then glued three vintage puzzle pieces (from the 1940's) onto the middle sections of the drawers.


Click on image for larger view

This is going to be my new storage place for sewing projects in the works, and for some miscellaneous sewing stuff.

The colors in both my craft room and studio are mixtures of yellows, reds, aqua, green, orange and blue....quite colorful!  I've always loved lot's of color!

So, to end this.....I will post more piccy's of banners as I get them, plus my finished display of them....and once my rooms are done there will be pictures.........;o)

Just in case you made it to the end of this post (whew) tomorrow is my birthday........yes, that's right....Labor Day is all about me..........whoot whoot!

Have a great holiday week,
Meri


20 comments:

Nan said...

Hi Meri good to hear from you again. I have not forgotten my banner commitment just been sewing a lot keeping my attention in that direction and working with a new student. Your dresser looks great. I know a reorganization can take a lot of work been there!!

Dorothy Prudie Vintage said...

I hope you are feeling better. I know how hard re-organizing your craft room can be. It is a daunting task isn't it. Good luck and keep pluking away at it.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh your new storage looks great! I myself want to see INSIDE each drawer hee hee. :)

Keep up the good work and know you are loved and thought of often.

Chenille Cottage said...

Cute...cute...cute! How I love all your pennants...and, they are so special coming from your sweet blogging pals!
Have fun redoing your craft room!
Smiles,
Carolynn xo

My Vintage Mending said...

Hi there girlfriend...look at you make all this progress. That dresser is darling...Hang in there with the pain. I feel for you. I cannot wait to see the reveal. You and Sandy together must be quite the pair. Smiles...Renee

Sandy said...

Oh Meri, that turned out so cute!!!!! There is a blog that shows befores and afters, it is a shame you didn't take a before! I love the colors and you reused those puzzle pieces perfectly!!!!! I will be over some time this week to see if I can help finish this up with you....:) See you Tuesday for sure! :)

Denise said...

You must be so excited to have a beautiful new craft room.I would love to have one.Your dresser came out darling.Thanks for dropping by My blog and commenting.Denise

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeeeeee the banners pieces you got and love love love the chest of drawers!! Looks AMAZING!!!!!

Kim K. said...

Your dresser is just fantastic...perfectly YOU! You've been with me all weekend as I've been busy Halloween crafting. I always appreciate all you sharing all your graphics with us. Hugs.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

HAPPY
BIRTHDAY
TO
YOU...
HAPPY
BIRTHDAY
DEAR MERI...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
I hope you have a Wonderful Birthday!
The dresser redo is FUN. Love the colors. Great Friendship banners!
How nice that Sandy is helping you. Send her my way!
Warmly,
deb

gail said...

Hi Merri!!! Happy Birthday to you, Have a wonderful birthday:)
I love the pretty banners. You did a great job on the dresser. You can never have too much storage in your studio!
Cant wait to see ya, but for now have a pretty day. (()) Gail

retrorevival.biz said...

Happy birthday, Meri! Hope your birthday weekend is just perfect! Happy to hear you're making good progress on your reorganization ~ and have friends to help:) All of the banners are so pretty and I look forward to seeing how you display them all!

~Cindy

My Vintage Mending said...

Happy Birthday...Birthday girl...may all your wishes come true....smiles...Renee

chris mckinley said...

Your dresser looks great!! What a terrific idea to use puzzle pieces as embellishments!! Can't wait to see your room when all said and done!! Your banners...all from such talented ladies...lovely!

chris

Frosted Petunias said...

Hi Meri, your dresser makeover is adorable! I'm in awe of your commitment to re-organize your art space...that was one of my summer projects and it looks like it might we my winter project instead lol. Thank you so much for stopping by and joining our carnival blog party. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you have in store. I hope you're feeling better soon, have a great week :)

Anna (Le Mysterieux Carnival)

Angela said...

Wow lots of talented ladies making some very cute banners! I'm behind in blogland and missing out on such great swaps. Glad you have some friends to help you organize - it's much better with help! :)

Creative Breathing said...

Hi Meri, I can't wait to see your craft room with all the banners hung. Your dresser has got your style now stamped on it. I love the center images. Your get together is so anticipated. Be well. Elizabeth

Melody said...

Hi Meri! I'm so glad you could stop by today! Due to family illnesses I haven't been able to stop by like usual, but I have popped by to keepm up. Can't wait to see your craft space and love all the banners. Thanks for brightening my days with your blog!

A Vintage Chic said...

Happy Belated birthday, Meri! Hope it was a wonderful one!

Love your dresser--the colors are perfect! What a sweet thing to have so much help--friends and sisters are such wonderful things to have around!

Love those banners, too--each is so adorable! I'm sure they'll look absolutely magical when all hung together!

Wishing you the loveliest day, my friend!

Julie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hope you are having a good weekend! I'm writing to ask you a question. I remember a long time ago that I went to a blog or website that had lots of paper dolls. It seems like it was not someone in the US but I just don't remember enough to find it. I thought about you...and wonder if I saw it here on your blog. Let me know if it's something you can help me with! I sure would appreciate it! Thanks! Sweet hugs!