Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Swimming in ornaments



Hello folks,

Just stoppin' by to show you a couple of things.  I've been very busy with my setup for "Le Mysterieux Carnival" coming up on October 6th, so be sure to stop by then to see my post as well as all the other posts linked up for this event.

There's my bloggers luncheon on November 10th, and I've already got about 18 ladies signed up...whew, it's gonna' be fun.  I should be sending out an email with further information and a signup list for side dishes, desserts, and drinks the first week in October, so if you're signed up be expecting to hear from me soon.

I've been collecting many ornaments for this event, here's just a sampling of what I have.

It might not look like much, but this group here
is 8" deep....that's a lotta miniature ornaments!

These are the largest ones we'll be using and they are only
2" in diameter.  There's a few birdies in there, too.

This is one that I've already made, but larger.  The ones
we will be making are about half this size.

This is my other one........I just love all the colors!

My best buddy Sandy came over last Sunday to help me set up for Christmas.........yes, Christmas!  The luncheon is all about Christmas and this display always takes me hours to set up.  I am up and down a ladder constantly, which totally wears me out, and with Sandy's help I didn't have to get down as often.  She handed me the figurines and sparkly stuff.........she was a lot of help.........thank you good friend!



This ledge (pot shelf) is over 12 feet long!

You can't tell, but there's all kind of blinking lights, too!



The vintage Santa, to the right, is from Sandy.  He rotates and plays
music and even has his original box.

One of my Christmas Krinkles by Patience Brewster on the right.

Another Christmas Krinkle that I bought at Disneyland
back in 1998.

A set of vintage winking Santa salt and pepper shakers.  I bought
two sets recently and one is a gift for Sandy for helping me out.

My vintage salt and pepper shakers are visited by a little
snowman from Hobby Lobby, and some tinsel.


The little Miss vintage head vases get some sparkle, too!

Now because you've all been so patient through this post.......here's a few more graphics for ya.








Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate your visits with me.  Don't forget to look up my October 6th post and check out all the other artists linked up to this event.

Hugs,
Meri

27 comments:

My Vintage Mending said...

I so want to get my ornaments out and join you....this is incredibly fun. I love the ornament garland...smiles..Renee

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Oh Meri, I LOVE IT!!!! I have a ledge in my living room where I have birdhouses, some branches with little berries, and white lights year round. Around Christmas I usually put up some brightly colored packages and huge ornaments. I wish I had the energy to take all the birdhouses down and put up all my Christmas stuff, but, like you, that would be too much up and down a ladder for me and it would be exhausting. I can't wait to see what else you are doing. You are so talented and creative. And I LOVE the wreath ornaments. I might start keeping my eyes out at antique malls for inexpensive old ornaments. A few here, a few there, you know it all adds up. Love ya girlfriend!!!! Hugs and blessings,
Julie

Dorothy said...

Everything is so pretty! I want a shelf like that! And I just love that little Scottie dog, he is a hoot!
~~Dorothy

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I WANT TO COME!!
I wish you could come here and have a workshop here!!! I have a quest room!
I get to meet Sandy in October!
Thanks for the Santa graphics..
Warmly,
deb

Kim K. said...

You had hinted you were busy with Christmas decorating when we talked last weekend and now I see what you've been up to. Oh my goodness. Such lovely eye candy. Love all the special treasures tucked everywhere. You are going to have such a lovely luncheon.

A Vintage Chic said...

Oh, what fun, Meri! I so wish I could join you for the gathering!

Love all of your sweet decorations--how fun to be getting ready for Christmas already! I'm just getting my Halloween boxes down this week!

Fabulous graphics, too--you always share such wonderful ones! Thanks again for my amazing moons--love them all!

Wishing you a wonderful day, dear friend!

Julie

Marydon said...

So wish I were there to join you, Meri. What a fun event ... miss seeing you all.
I can just picture your gorgeous home decorated in full regalia.

Been smacked with our feedsack arriving & selling all summer. Not been blogging much at all tho it will pick up as the weather chills out, I am sure. Sales always cool off in winter.

Have a great day, my friend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

laurie -magpie ethel said...

ho, ho and my you are a busy gal. I am feeling the same way getting ready for the holidays, altho am not decorating the house yet. Love your head vases!

Nan said...

What what a spectacular display you have created there. I admire so much your abilities at this.

chris mckinley said...

Wow!! What a great display!! And so much more fun to work with a friend!!

chris

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Everything looks great Meri! It looks like it was a lot of work. How nice that you had a great friend to help you out!
As always thank you for the great images! You're so generous!
Erica :)

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh it looks FABULOUS!!!!!!

Melody said...

Hi Meri! That ledge looks spectacular! And those wreaths are great. You poop me out just seein all you've done so far...LOL Thanks for the Graphics.

Chris - A Little Creation said...

The scotty dog is adorable. Did you make him? I never thought to incorporate my wall pockets into my christmas decorations. Thanks for the idea.
Chris =]

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh I am getting oh so excited my friend! I will have to hire a sitter for the day but it will be oh so worth it! :)

LBP said...

Ohhhh Meri!!! I am sitting here with my mouth open and my head as close to the screen as possible so that I don't miss anything! I would love to see that in person! Can you come to Virginia and decorate my house for Christmas??? Please???

Blessings

Linda

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

I love all your miniature ornaments! Those are the cutest! I can't wait to get mine out and start decorating! Those Santa's are to cute!! :) Hugs, Holly

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Oh, just look at all those Christmas ornaments! They just make me smile :)
You sound like you will be having so much fun! You sure been busy, and it was great for you to have help from your friend. That is great! I love the wreaths!
Blessings,
Susie

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh my Meri, This is just what I need to get my creative juices flowing for Christmas. What a great time you ladies will be having. I'm so green with envy. So wish I could be there with you all. Everything looks so festive already.
Hugs Lynn

Something Special said...

I love those wreaths, and I wish oh wish I lived in Arizona so I could attend your bloggers luncheon friend. I hope it goes really well!

Cheryl said...

Christmas? Your as bad as the department stores LOL
big hugs,
Cheryl

Creative Breathing said...

Meri, This is absolutely amazing! I hope you will share a tutorial one day. I have always wanted to make a wreath.
I can't wait to see the photos of this event. You are amazing! E

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Meri Sweetie...
Please forgive me for being so behind in messages in blogging and emails. I am working really hard to get a project close to completion by the end of this year. I have been basically working every day, some days from home, some days in work.

Thank you for stopping by and commenting on my beautiful Rasha girl. Today I missed her bark and her cold wet nose nudges. She is so, so missed. It has broken my heart to let her go, but I had her for 12 years, God was good to share her with me, both spirit and heart.

Hope you are well sweet friend. Many things going on right now. I will email you soon. Many hugs and so much love, Sherry

Tamatha said...

Wow! I wasn't ready to think about Christmas until I saw your ornaments and the fun Christmas graphics! Thank you for sharing!

Jenny S said...

LOVE IT!! I love vintage Christmas and am very jealous of your display!! Have fun at your luncheon!

Short and Sweet said...

I can't wait for our luncheon! Really looking forward to it.
Loretta

Short and Sweet said...

I'm really looking forward to the luncheon and the project. I'll hunt for smaller ornaments during my yard sale journeys!
Loretta