Pages

Saturday, October 20, 2012

My Hat Swap Goodies


Hallow again friends,

I'm finally getting around to show the goodies I received from my swap partner in Viv's Halloween Witch Hat Swap.  My partner was the wonderfully talented Barb from "Lavender and Lollipop Lane  " and she made me this incredible hat from fabric.

Now I only papered a hat form for her, but she actually stitched a hat for me....incredible!  Not to mention that she did this while facing some personal health crisis's at the time.


She included a heavenly smelling pumpkin spice candle (which I've already almost used up), a treat bag full of saltwater taffy and suckers and it's topped off with a gorgeous handmade felt pin.  She also included a wire pumpkin with a tag off to the side with my name on it, and some lovely ribbon, twine and vintage doily and lace pieces.


On top of all of that, she also stitched up this paper and burlap banner and tossed in a few creepy black spiders......how cool!

I want to thank Viv for hosting this awesome swap, and my swap partner Barb for all of her wondrous creations.

I should be posting pictures of my crafting space soon, as it's almost ready.  This has been the biggest project to date for me, as with all the swaps and crafts I've been making, it's been difficult for me.  How can you possibly keep an area clean when you're in the midst of crafting?

Hugs,
Meri


18 comments:

vivian said...

HI Meri!! have you been by my blog this morning yet? guess what guess what, guess what!! You are the winner of my halloween treats. My hubby picked your "number" last night. I am so glad you won!
please send me your address and I'll mail it out monday.
xoxo

Shirley Hatfield said...

A doubly good day, Meri! Happy, happy! =D

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

wowwwwwwww!!! that hat and all your goodies are awesome!!!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME/Doublewide Decor said...

I hear you...I don't have a craft room, but I sure can make a mess!
You got some real goodies there!!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

How sweet, so many wonderful goodies she sent you!! That must have been a very happy mail day indeed!! :) It's all so cute! Hope you have a great weekend! xo Holly

donna said...

Meri your hat is so cute and looks likes you got some great goodies to go along.
Hugs
donna

Dorothy said...

What a beautiful hat! I like the leaves she put on it, too. Very pretty and original!

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Wow! I can't believe that Barb actually stitched the hat herself! What a fantastic gift!
Can't wait to see your craft room Meri!
Erica :)

chris mckinley said...

What treats you received from Barb!! I just love the hat!! and all out of fabric? Very cute!!

chris

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Viv is super talented and makes the most wonderful creations! I know you'll enjoy your sweet gifts and I'm sure she's thrilled with yours! I've never done a swap but it sure looks like fun! Hugs!

RetroSandie said...

What a really cute hat Barb made!! It looks like something from the Harry Potter movies!! And all the nice goodies. That was a fun swap for you all!! And congrats on your win from Viv!! :)

Kim K. said...

What fabulous gifts from Barb. Your hat is just delightful. Can't wait to see your craft room. I had better get mine picked up before the Halloween party on Friday. I know my husband will dragging coworkers around our house and I don't want anyone tripping over craft supplies and vintage Christmas.

Creative Breathing said...

Hi Meri, If you read this here first, I thought I would try giving you a call today (Tuesday)
This hat and creations are so you. Lovely is as lovely does. That's you! E

retrorevival.biz said...

Lucky lady! The witchy hat is really cool!

~Cindy

Barbara said...

Sooo.happy you like the goodies i sent!!! The hat was so much fun to make and knowing it was going to such a wonderful lady made it easy!! Thank you for swapping!!

Something Special said...

Hi Meri, I got in on some other Halloween swaps, and they were great, but the witches hat swap looks like one I would have enjoyed! love it all. Come say hi and see what I recieved from my swappin!

Lynn Stevens said...

What a great swap partner. Some really creepy cool Halloween treats.
Hugs Lynn

✿Carol✿ said...

Oh what a magical hat and other goodies from your swap partner Barb!
I can't wait to see your craft room! You're so lucky to have one. My crafting area is the kitchen table!