Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Calm before the Craft - Craft Room Reveal


Hello all you wonderful bloggers,

Well here it is "DB" day (day before) the big event, and I'm workin on the final details. I've been asked many times to post images of my craft area, and I've finally gotten it functional after letting it go for a year while I took care of my mother.  Believe it or not, it has taken me almost 4 months to clean and organize (yes I have that much crap) and being disabled doesn't make it any easier.  It seems I get an area clean and the next thing you know it's filthy again.........;o)

I've got quite a few ladies coming and I'll list them further on, but first I'll show you collage style (that's the only way to show so many pictures) and you can click on them to make them bigger so as to see how the craft room looks in anticipation of all the fun.
Above is some views from when you first come in the front door.  Top left in the collage is the foyer, bottom right is your first glance, and the other two shots are of the crafting tables

I have two old windows hanging to either side of the craft area and they've gotten some "snow" and miniature lanterns to charm them up.  The other two images are some of the goodies available to craft with.

More goodies to craft with, including literally hundreds of glass ornaments of all sizes.

Vintage foil leaves, and tons of other vintage goodness.

These images are of my desk with it's custom cover, my magazine collections and vintage goodies to look at and inspire me.

On the multi-tiered red shelf are some goodies from various blogging friends including a bluebird from the lovely Elizabeth of Creative Breathing, an elephant from the amazing Jody of Post cards from Fun Town and a small vintage yellow swan with ballerina from Laurie of Magpie Ethel.  Also from my dear friend E of Creative Breathing is a wonderful bunch of vintage candle holders and various cake toppers that I've stored in some jars.

I've got my ribbons separated by color and in three different locations around the room.  I have a cute garden cart which my son found discarded on the curb from our monthly bulk trash pickup days (how could anyone throw that out?). I also have a lovely apple green cabinet which holds all my various paints.  It has a vintage paint business sign on it and a chippy white chair on top acting as a shelf for some other goodies which include a vintage dial phone in red.

My 1948 metal dollhouse is sporting some Christmas lights, a flag, and is surrounded by some of my dollies.  Another collection of ribbons, which will definitely be used in this crafting event.

This is a collage of the east wall of the craft room where I store more vintage goodies, my circus collection with additions from Lynn at Trash To Treasure Art, and Deb at Garage Sale Gal, and a clown cup from Sandy at 521 Lakestreet. I've also been collecting linens with puppy embroidered designs......I love puppies!

This is our old patio which we enclosed for more crafting space for Moi.  On the east end here is my sculpting area complete with shelving for storage of Styrofoam, clay and pieces in process.

Looking to the west of the enclosed patio is my sewing area.  The large white cabinet holds all my fabric and sewing projects.  The awesome multi-drawer unit is from Ikea and houses tools, sewing tools, glues, tapes, embossing powders, sandpaper, etc.  It holds a lot and is one piece I can never do without.  The vintage laundry cart holds my precious vintage fabrics and displays a lovely towel that Renee from My Vintage Mending made for me.

This little chest holds all my printing supplies such as photo paper, labels, copy paper, acetate and various printing fabric.  The two display shelves show off more of my vintage goodies and are situated over a window.  All the yellow bins used to hold my ribbons, but got too difficult to access, so they are currently empty waiting for me to figure out what to store there.

Okay, now for the all star attendance list:

Sandy of “521 Lakestreet”  A very dear friend who helped me immensely with setting up for this event.
Loretta of “short and sweet” 
Gail of “cupcakes and sweet stuff” 
Melissa owner of “Scrapbook Barn”
Jennifer of “Dog-Ma-Jen” 
Julie of “The Tucker Wolek clan”
Jenny of "Jenny Matlock"
Jenny of "Redhead Sadie"
Janice of "Boohbears"
Wendy owner of "Leakyshed Studio"
Dorie Johnson, my mom
Lin Phillips, my older sister
Abby Wiley, my youngest daughter
Rhona, a local crafter
Kit Wiley, my amazing husband who makes all things possible and supports my crafts with love, passion and patience.........thank you my life.

and of course myself!

As you can see, it's going to be an amazing time and I get to see old friends and meet new ones.....you gotta' love it.  I'm so looking forward to a day of crafting with such amazing and talented ladies.  In the coming weeks I will post multiple posts about the party after I've gone through and edited the hundreds of images.  Next up, I will be posting a tutorial on how to make your own vintage ornament wreath, so stay tuned.

Hugs,
Meri



27 comments:

Kim K. said...

I've been eagerly awaiting this post. Your special studio is just fantastic. I clicked on each collage to take in all your special goodies. You are going to have such a fantastic time hosting so many talented ladies. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your crafting/creating adventures this weekend. Cheers!

Shirley Hatfield said...

What a magical place! I can't wait to see the wreaths when your lovely crafters are finished...I do hope you'll share. I would love to be there as well! =D

Sandy said...

WOW....just wow....the photos are perfect! I cannot wait! :)

Dorothy said...

Oh, Meri, you have such a big beautiful craft place! Wish I could be there, too!
~Dorothy~

RetroSandie said...

Oh Meri, what a wonderful, creative place!!! I LOVE!!!! all of your vintage treasures along with the wonderful items Craft Friends have given to you. I also LOVE all of the shelves in one area-it looks so cool! I think you've done an awesome job of making your craft home so imaginative! And the tables and CRAFT SUPPLIES for the crafting party!!!! Oh oh oh ... to be just a fly on the wall over there ... it will be a crafter's heaven ... can't wait to see all of the wonders your crafters come up with! I guess I will be there in spirit!!!!!
Hugs,
Sandie

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

You have the best craft room I have ever seen, and I can not wait to get back in there and snoop around again. Just finished making my salad. See you tomorrow.

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Gah!!! I never get tired of seeing/visiting your space.

I am SO thankful that you posted this pictures. It will help be contain myself when I see it in person.

Because truly I just want to dive headfirst into those ornies.

I only have plain balls and see a few pretty striped ones. Striped balls. Hee hee.

LBP said...

I am soooooo jealous of these ladies!!! What a day it will be! I would be in heaven in that craft studio! What a great space..

Hope y'all have a wonderful time...

Blessings

Linda

vintage grey said...

Wow Meri, what a beautiful and inspirational craft place! I am in love and could spend days looking at all your pretties!! Have a wonderful time and can't wait to see more photos! xo Heather

Createology said...

Meri this is heaven for anyone like myself who loves crafting, collecting and savoring sentimental everything. Delicious, scrumptious and delightful...thank you ever so much for sharing this bounty of creative bliss.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Excited to see you tomorrow!!!! You know I loveeeeeeeeee your crafty space!!!!

Short and Sweet said...

I'm sooooo excited about tomorrow! I've never been to your craft studio and I can't wait to work on my wreath. It will be nice to see Jenny and Julie again and meet you for the first time.
Loretta

vivian said...

I LOVE your craft room. How lucky you are to have such a big beautiful colorful space, filled with so much fun stuff! Im a wee bit jealous girlfriend! I dont have room in mine to have more then myself in there crafting.. (dont get me wrong though, Im very grateful to have the little spot i do have. its cozy! lol!
have fun crafting with so many creative girls tomorrow!!!
cant wait to see the results.
happy weekend
xoxoxo
vivian

laurie -magpie ethel said...

I can't believe how much room you have...would love more space in mine! Fun to see your little crafting world...I love that cabinet with the paint sign!

Patti M said...

Meri ..Oh my heavens your amazing craft room ..it's....it's....it's .....there are no words to describe it! can such a magical space exist on this planet? The old standard 8 ft tables are painted &pretty even! You go girl... Have a blast with your party

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Whoa! What a room! Thanks for all the wonderful pics, Meri and thanks for hosting such a wonderful crafting event. I WISH you lived just down the road. I hope you take pics of the event! ♥

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

So I went through and clicked on all the pics to make them bigger and I want more- okay? ☺

Now i'm going to go meet some of the ladies attending your craft event because I saw some names and blogs that i did not recognize. ♥

My Vintage Mending said...

Meri, meri, meri....if I could get on a plane and come to play I would do it in a minute....This is heaven...space chock full of vintage goodness...I will be revisiting this post over and over and over..smiles..Renee

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

So pretty and inspiring Meri! You have so many things I'd love to just look at :) Have a wonderful time, can't wait to see more pics! xo Holly

Perfectly Printed said...

Your studio is amazing!! I am looking forward to the pictures of the wreaths!! Where do you find all your vintage items? Have fun!!

chris

Claudia said...

Love, love your space!

xo
Claudia

Creative Breathing said...

Meri! You have been holding out on us! What a fabulous space to be able to craft with your friends. I enlarged so many of the photos - love the multiple colored shelves, hanging window pane, dressers, dollhouse, vintage linens. HOLY COW! I LOVE IT ALL!
I wish the most wonderful day Meri. What a joy you are to share your talent with us! Elizabeth

Nan said...

Wow what a huge place you have there for crafting. I thought I had room from what I moved from but my craft room is teeny tiny next to this set-up. I bet you are just thrilled to have this finally together. May you have many happy crafting days in here.

SueLovesCherries said...

Meri, I love the color combinations and fun items you decorate with - what a cheerful place to be in!

retrorevival.biz said...

Eke! Your space is awesome, Meri! Oh how I'd love to visit and craft with you:)

~Cindy

Lynn Stevens said...

WOW Meri, That looks like the best place to play.So much creativity!!!
I bet you all had a Fabulous time. Someday maybe I can actually make it over to play.
hugs Lynn

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh...Meri! Your crafting studio is marvelous...a place that I could spend hours and hours in. How I wish I lived close to you. I would be signing up for every one of your fun classes.
I often refer to my sewing room as my "sandbox" because when I'm in it I'm just like a child...I don't want to stop playing...not even to go to the potty!
You and I are are so blessed to have such wonderful men in our lives. My Mark is the same as your sweetheart...always ooing and ahhing...praising me for everything I create. We have so much to be happy and thankful for.
What a joy it was to be able to visit your "Santa's Workshop"!
Have a great weekend,
Carolynn xo