Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Luncheon Candids


Hello there,
Sorry it's taken me so long to get these posted, but I literally had hundreds of photos to go through.  My daughter Abby did a wonderful job taking all the photo's of this event, and all told she took over 200 photo's!  Here's the best of the best that I got edited, and there's a lot of them, so beware the length of this post.
Sign out in the front yard

My husband bought two of these lanterns at a garage
sale, and both were black.  I fixed them up with cherry red
spray paint and some holiday sprays and ribbon from
Hobby Lobby.  They flanked the entrance to our front door.

There was a couple of tables full of goodies to choose from.

I had the ladies do some shopping at the goody tables before
sitting down and gettin' to work.

There were no Black Friday incidents, and everyone found fun
stuff to add to their wreaths.
Ladies took their places and started crafting and chatting.

My sister Lin (in purple shirt) and Sandy sat
together, as they have been friends for over 40 years.

Here you can see the back of my mother sitting in with Lin and
Sandy.  My mom really enjoyed this party, but had me make her
a wreath as she wasn't quite up to the task.

Here's the beginning of Sandy's wreath.

This is Melissa's beginning, she was very precise in her placement
of ornaments.  Melissa  co-owns "Scrapbook Barn" a local
scrap booking store and was so happy to take a day away
from running the business.

This is my sister Lin workin' away on her wreath.
Loretta was literally "up to her knees" in ornaments.

Look at those ladies and their concentration!

I hardly had to show them anything, they just took off and glued
like crazy.

In the background you can see Sandy meeting Laura for the
first time.  In the foreground is the lovely Julie (sorry it's your
backside Julie) and Loretta. Off to
Julies right is the amazing Joanne.

This is Gail diligently working away.

My sister Jen worked quickly and made a beauty

This is Joanne in progress.

Here's Laura starting out.

Laura's almost finished.

And Laura's finished wreath....wow.

Loretta had such a pretty color combo

Loretta's finished.

This is Rhona Lutton, who is currently thinking about starting
a blog.

Rhona's finished wreath....stunning.
After lunch we finished up our wreaths and then convened
in the family room for a bit of a gift game.
I'm handing out numbers to the ladies.
My sister Jen (right) and Melissa (left) are eagerly awaiting
the moment they can open their gifts.
Well that's it for this year!  A lot of fun was had by all, and I sincerely look forward to the next one.  I might possibly be hosting two next year......we'll see.

I hope you enjoyed this event, and thank you so much for you all visiting.  Next up are some goodies I've received, projects I'm doing and Christmas images for your crafts.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all, and may you all be as blessed as I am with wondrous children, family, friends and the love of a great man.

God Bless,
Meri


20 comments:

A Vintage Chic said...

Oh, what a wonderful time you had, Meri! Those ladies sure looked happy! LOVE the way the wreaths turned out--I really need to get one done--thanks for the inspiration!

Wishing you the most wonderful Thanksgiving week, dear friend!

Julie

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

WOW, Meri!!!
What awesome FUN and creative gals that were at your Gathering! They all made beautiful wreaths! It was also fun to see your home!
Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Warmly,
deb

Kim K. said...

Looks like a fabulous time was had by everyone. What a special day. The wreaths are just gorgeous.

Have a blessed Thanksgiving, Meri.

RetroSandie said...

Wonderful pix, Meri! I just can't get over how beautiful all of the wreaths came out!! And to be all together in a group, chatting away while crafting. So much fun! BTW, your home looks gorgeous,too!! Such a delightful time - thanks for sharing your pix!!!!

XOXO

Createology said...

This is such a wonderful way to spend the day...with friends and being creative! Well done by all...

Jane said...

Looks like so much fun for all! Love the beautiful wreaths!
Thank you for always sharing so many images for us to use. Really appreciate this!
Happy Thanksgiving Day to you and your family!

vintage grey said...

Looks like it was such a fun and wonderful day!! I love all the pretty wreaths!! Happy Thanksgiving Meri!! ;) xo Heather

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Oh my gosh! That looks like it was the most fun day ever! Your house was decorated up so cute, and the ladies all did a fantastic job!
Congrats on hosting one heck of a get together Meri! I'm sure it was a lot of work for you, but was much appreciated by your guests!
Erica :)

Debby said...

That looks like so much fun. I love the sandals with the Christmas tree, hah, that wouldn't work here.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh look at that big red butt! LOL! :) Loved the photos!!!

My Vintage Mending said...

Love it all...glad yo had time to gather with friends...smiles..Renee

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

How wonderful! Thanks for all the pics! I hope to attend such an event some day. ♥

chris mckinley said...

Looks like everyone had a great time!! The ladies did such a great job! Is the party only open to gals who live in Arizona? Southwest has some great fares, I just might have to join one of your parties!!
Happy Thanksgiving!
chris

Creative Breathing said...

Meri, You are absolutely an amazing woman to prepare and host this event. I just can't stop smiling! The wreaths are all beautiful.
Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with your family Meri. I will have both of my children and their families, a full house.
Take care! Elizabeth

Patti M said...

How sweet you where to open your amazing craft room to these ladies. Ya'll look like you had just a lovely time. Happy Thanksgiving!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Looks like so much fun!! I just love all those wonderful pretty wreathes! Happy Thanksgiving! xo Holly

Creative Breathing said...

Back to tell you your Christmas blog is absolutely delightful! E

gail said...

Hi Meri,,, Thanks for stopping by and visiting the wedding photos:) It was a special day,but very glad its over. Its been a whirlwind, in the best possible way, but just trying to regroup this weekend. I have my wreath hanging on my front door! I just love it.

Thanks again for hosting such a special day and for the sweet doll house and goodies you sent home with us. Now things are settled I can start playing with my new doll house!

I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful and I truly hope you and your family enjoy a Merry Christmas and have a new year with lots of health and happiness! (()) Gail

Angela said...

Meri it looks like you gals had a lot of fun! The wreaths all turned out great! Hope you had a blessed Thanksgiving! Hugs!

Chenille Cottage said...

Good Morning, Meri!
Your post looks like so much fun! I love all the colorful wreaths.
Thank you so much for sharing so many sweet vintage prints.
I hope you have a happy day,
Blessings,
Carolynn xxx