Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A lovely winter weekend




Merry Holidays all you awesome peeps!

My dear hubby and I went up north over the weekend to our mile high city Prescott.  It was snowing!!!  OMGosh did I have fun and I was the only weirdo running around without a jacket.  Everyone else was hunkered down with heavy coats, boots, galoshes, hats, mittens, etc., and I'm walking around in the flurries like it's a lovely summer day with just a t-shirt and jeans on.  I try to see the bright side of my medical conditions.......LOL.  It was so Christmasy looking around the little town, and I got to shop in 10 different antique stores.  I found so many goodies and took them over to show Sandy and she just about had heart palpitations.  I found a couple of goodies just for her, so she didn't get too jealous.

This is Prescott valley which is a town just outside of Prescott.

A lovely clump of snow

This is a small hill called "Thumb Butte."

My sweet hubby took this picture.

Another view of "Thumb Butte."

A cool church in town.

Looking down Cortez street, where all the great antique stores were.
 
This is the entry to a cute little restaurant  called
"The Raven" where we had breakfast and lunch.

This is a mural of a raven painted on one of the walls.

This is a totally cool sculpture hanging from the rafters and
it's a "deconstructed raven."

More pretty snow

I'm hoping to post about the goodies I found, and some recent gifts I've received, but we're gettin' close to Christmas and I have to clean my craft room again.  There will be about 20-25 for Christmas dinner on the 26th and we'll also be celebrating my husbands birthday (he's a Christmas Eve baby).  We'll be stuffing our faces with BBQ beef brisket, maple soaked pork chops, corn pudding, and various desserts like rum soaked bread pudding.........mmmmmmmmmm, don't you wish you were here?

I'm wishing you all the merriest of holidays, and please remember to hug your loved ones a lot and thank our Lord for every blessing you've received.

God Bless

26 comments:

Kim K. said...

What a perfect way to spend the weekend. Antiquing and SNOW! Sounds like you have a blessed Christmas ahead of you with lots of family and a hubby to spoil. Wishing you a splendid holiday, dear friend.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I do wish I was there! Our hubby's come close to sharing a birthday...one day apart! We'll be grilling beef ribs...unless we are at the beach! Enjoy your week and all of the fun you have planned! Happy holidays my friend!

Debby said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. I can't wait for snow. My husband's birthday is the 29th. That food sounds yummy. Have a nice holiday.

Tammy's in Love said...

MERI Christmas! I hope you have a great time with the gang at your house and enjoy every minute! Eat, drink and be MERI!

XXOO,
Tammy

Blessed Serendipity said...

Sounds like you found plenty to do while you were in Prescott. You will have to come again to "play". Thanks again for the beautiful wreath. It's smiling at me hanging in my dining room. Merry Christmas Meri!

xo
Danielle

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Prescott looks wonderful! I can't wait to see the treasures that you found! And oh my gosh, your x-mas dinner sounds fabulous!
Happy Holidays Meri!
Erica :)

vivian said...

I'm glad youve been having fun! I cant believe how fast Christmas is coming now. I love all the hustle and bustle and building excitement!
I wish we all lived closer, I would surely pop in for some good christmas cheer and some of that rum soaked bread pudding! lol!
have a great day Meri!
xoxo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhhhh I just love Prescott! Beautiful pics!!!!

Perfectly Printed said...

Sounds like you had a great time in Northern Arizona!! And you have a busy weekend ahead...enjoy!!!

chris

retrorevival.biz said...

Happy to hear you had such a nice weekend, Meri:)

~Cindy

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Wish you would have added a pic of you playing in the snow! :)

10 different shops? Wow! You deserved to find some great goodies for shopping that long! ♥

My Vintage Mending said...

Happy Holidays...I can't wait to see what you found...Enjoyed all your snow pics and have one of my own now although just barely...smiles..Renee

Jenny said...

I've always loved that Raven!

And I would have been walking around with a coat right next to you!

I was hoping this cold would clear up but not quite yet!

Darn, though, I'm gonna get over there soon before you sell all the new shadow boxes - ha!

Well, with Christmas I suspect you're too busy to do it quite yet, though!

Love the snow.

Aaaaachoooo!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Prescott looks like a lovely place to visit! I hope we get some snow here for Christmas...we are suppose to get some tonight {fingers crossed} :) I can't wait to see what treasures came home with you!!! Oh my goodness your dinner sounds soo yummy...I love beef brisket, my dad smokes it sometimes :) Hope you and your family have a wonderful and blessed holiday!! Merry Christmas! xo Holly

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

What a nice get away and how very fun to find treasures too!
Your meal sounds so good! Foods I haven't ever had.
MERRY CHRISTMAS, Meri!!!
Warmly,
deb

Creative Breathing said...

Oh Meri! You have made my day with this snow post. We are expecting two inches this evening (my fingers are crossed)Ten antique stores! Oh my gosh! a dream come true. I saw a peek at your treasure at Sandy's. Can't wait for your post. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas Day Meri! Elizabeth

Sandy Camarda said...

I am a New Years baby so I know how difficult it can be for your man to have his birthday during the holidays. Looks like you have a full house this Christmas. Enjoy and Happy Holidays!

Sandy xox

Patti said...

Thank you so much for visiting me! I think it may snow before I know it - and I am already sooooo cold! I'd love to see the things you found while antiquing!

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Wow!! You sure had a full day of fun!!

AND WOW!! I LOVE my Wreath. I arrived in perfect condition! Just beautiful! Thank you again so much!
I've put it in my kitchen...you can read about it in mhy blog ;)
Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!
xoxoxox
*hugs*deb

donna said...

What beautiful snowy pictures. I love the one looking down the street of the town. Happy Birthday to your hubby wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.
Hugs
donna

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Oh I'm so glad you got your candle!! :) Enjoy! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Merry Christmas too!! :) xo Holly

Chenille Cottage said...

Merry Christmas, Meri!
What a beautiful post and adventure. We have snow here in the high desert of Oregon, too. I just love the pretty white stuff.
I can't imagine seeing ten antique stores...I'd be so excited and probably go home penniless.

I wanted to stop by and thank you for sharing so many sweet vintage images. I have loved adding them to my Christmas post. They take me back to my 50s childhood.
Have a wonderful birthday celebration for baby Jesus and your dear husband!
Carolynn

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Happy Birthday wishes to the Mr.!

Thank you for sharing your winter wonderland. So pretty.

May the peace, joy and love of the season be yours all year long!

Lynn Stevens said...

Sounds like a perfect way to spend the day Meri.The picture look beautiful. Love Prescott!
Hope your Christmas was Merry. Right about now your up to your elbows in company. No doubt having a wondeful time.
Happy Holidays hon.
Hugs Lynn

Nan said...

Lovely place there you visited. Hope everything went well for Christmas.

Ric Rac and Polka Dots said...

Merry Christmas Meri, a little late. I hope it was wonderful!!! Hugs to all. Catch up with you later.
Hugs,
Julie