Pages

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Recent swap goodies and gifts from friends


Hello Friends,

Well I'm recovering...........slowly, but surely.  I'm now in the "hacking my lungs up" stage of this lovely sinus infection...yippee.

However, I've still been working on some goodies, but first I want to show a recent ATC trade I participated in over at Blissful ATC's.  The first three ATC's are ones I created and the theme was "vintage wallpaper."

I used two different, yet coordinating wallpapers
on this one.  Using some embossed wallpaper
border I cut out around an intricate part and added
it as a highlight.  I also added a bird charm.

Again I used coordinated wallpapers, and an element
I cut from embossed wallpaper boarder, as well as
a brass bee charm.

Here I used embossed wallpaper and regular
wallpaper and created a leaf from copper
craft sheeting.
These are the ATC's I received in return from my swap partner Patti a.k.a. "Electra."  She used flocked wallpaper and sweet vintage images.......I'm so happy.




This is a layout that I created yesterday as something I'm sending into Stampington's for publication.  I'm working on a couple of other pieces to tag along with it, so I'll let you know if anything happens with this.

I added some dimension on the top left corner and the bottom
right corner that up close mimics honeycomb.


I had a lot of fun embellishing this image.



 I also swapped valentines with the lovely Chris over at "Perfectly Printed."  I haven't received hers yet, but I'll post about it when I get it.
This is the front
and the back
These are the goodies I sent to my dear friend E at "Creative Breathing."  I participated in her valentine swap, as well as the valentine ornament swap.  I know she asked not to get hostess gifts, but I just love sending her goodies.  If you check out her post HERE, you can see the little porcelain figurines I sent her of a mother and daughter..........it just made me think of her and her daughter a.k.a. TSG (twirly, swirly girl).

I made her a Paperclay bluebird ornie on top of a
wooden birdhouse that I painted in her beloved
Mary Engelbreit style.

This is the valentine I sent to her........cause she's soooo sweet!
This last item is something very precious to me.  I received it from my dear friend Laura of "Decor to Adore" when she came to my vintage ornament wreath workshop in November last year.  It is the sweetest little bunting made from precious scraps from her "Grandma Jingles" whom you can find out about HERE.  Laura just posted about a wondrous travel journal she made for her recently graduated daughter, in which I had the privilege of working on with her.

 



I'm still hoping to join the ladies at this coming weekend's festivities for ARTzona part deux.  I promise to take lot's of pictures and post all about the three day weekend event.

I've got sculptures in the works and I'll be putting out Easter graphics soon........I know time is just flying by!

Till then, big hugs,
Meri
 
 

17 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Wowwwwwwwww!! These are all gorgeous!!! I am loving what laura sent you too!! Beautiful!!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Those ATC's are so cute! It looks like they were a lot of fun to embellish and make! :) Love your very sweet Valentines!! Adorable!!! Hope you have a lovely day, and feel better! xo Holly

Shirley Hatfield said...

Next to the word "Valentine" in the dictionary they should put your picture. I love visiting your blog...it gives me such a warm feeling. Your cards and creations are wonderful!

RetroSandie said...

Everything you've made is beautiful! Good luck on Somerset Mag! I noticed the mother and daughter figurine-how adorable! I know E must have been thrilled with it! So very sweet of you to make and do so many lovely things! Feel better soon so you can enjoy your 3 day weekend!!!
Hugs,
Sandie

Kim K. said...

I'm just soaking in all that talent. Love all the different mediums and embellishments. Everything you made is just gorgeous. I loved the mother-daughter figurine you sent E.

Get better, sweetie. Valentine hugs!

chris mckinley said...

Love your ATC's!!! And I can't wait to get my Valentine...mine's coming your way, any day! Feel better!

chris

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hey Meri,
I hope you are feeling much better!
What lovely treasures you made and rec'd!
How awesome that you, Sandy and Laura can get together are create!
Warmly,
deb

E said...

Hi Meri lots of cuteness here I hope you are feeling better took me about 6 weeks ... wicked ! Elaine in TN

vintage grey said...

Absolutely love your ATC's!! Such talent and I love all the special touches to each one you created!! Such sweet Valentine's and the paperclay bluebird you made for Elizabeth is so darling!! Glad you are feeling better! Have a great rest of the week! xo Heather

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh my gosh Meri for one whos been busy"hacking up a lung" you sure got a lot of awesome things created! I love that bee collage ,the honeycomb in the corner is so cool.
Great atc swaps too. I just know I'll be seeing your art published too.
Hope your feeling better.
hugs Lynn

Createology said...

Everything you have shared is fabulous. I cannot see Stampington passing on publishing this layout. Valentine's are such fun to make and receive. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

Creative Breathing said...

Wow! Meri! Your layered piece is so complicated and beautiful. I love the way you embellished the figure and then added the words. The honeycomb is the perfect compliment.
Again thank you for your wonderful sculpture and Valentine. I have your first Valentine to me hanging still in my old craft room. I love it!
So much to see in this post! Love it all. Elizabeth

Patti said...

Wow - so much talent and creativity. I just love to see what you come up with. I hope you feel better soon!

Patti M said...

Meri I swear you have more talent in your little pinkie than I have in my whole body & then some! If that magazine doesn't publish you they don't know a good thing when they see it! All the lovely elements in it...well done! Hope you are feeling better!.... Patti M :)

HollyC said...

Oh Meri, these ATC cards are just wonderful. I have always admired people that could take paper and turn it into some beautiful! And I loved the little bird & Valentine that you sent Elizabeth. You make the cutest things. I just love visiting your blog. Have a wonderful night and I hope you get to feeling better soon, Holly

retrorevival.biz said...

OMGoodness, these are all so pretty, Meri! Fingers crossed that Stampington will choose one of your creations!

Marlynne said...

Loved visiting your Blog. Going to go right into my Studio and create me a darling half circle batting! Am going to be one of your followers now! So glad Erica sent you over to visit my blog1 Thanks for the nice compliments! I also have a Victorian Blog for the other side of my personality! www.preciouscottage.blogspot.com