Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Coming Soon!


Hello wondrous friends,

I've been very busy lately, and haven't been able to blog much or get around blog hopping, but never fear, when I do visit your blogs I read everything I've missed.  All of last week was spent running errands for my mom and taking her to numerous doctor appointments.  Although she's been doing very well, it's exhausting keeping her that way sometimes.  No, I'm not complaining......after all, she took care of me for many years, and let's face it.....I wasn't a joy to care for........LOL  It's my honor and pleasure to take care of her.

I also spent all of Saturday in bed, as the weather here has been unusually wet, cool and dreary.  For some reason, I was hurting particularly bad on Saturday, so I hunkered down and watched lot's of movies.  We've had some sprinkles today, but its supposed to clear up.

Now what does this odd picture have to do with anything??????  Well they are flesh colored light bulb images.  WHAT????  It has to do with my spring class........it's about up cycling and making dolls with fabric, Paperclay and used light bulbs.  Yes, it's odd, but fun and cute.  This image sheet will have various faces to copy onto the dolls that are made, so that those who participate will have choices as well as coming up with their own.


Dolls made with light bulbs, Paperclay and fabric????  Here's an example of what we will try to accomplish.  Now the most fun part of having a class is that not everyone has to have the same outcome.  Will we all make dolls......yes, however, how each doll turns out is the amazing surprise.


Each person attending will be able to create at least one doll in a one day class, and yet with the personalities and talents of each person, no two dolls will be the same........I love that.  Yes, I used a light bulb for the dolls head, and yes, it was a burned out one, but, a new one can be used as well, it's just more fun to up cycle something that you'd normally throw away.


Details will be coming soon, so stay tuned all you local gals, and I'll even work out travel arrangements for those who would like to come in from out of town.  This is gonna be great fun, so come back for more information.

Guess who's getting a makeover?

This pretty doll was found recently on a junking and Goodwill hunting expedition with my good friend Sandy.  She was part of a collection of collectible china dolls that someone donated......don't ask me why perfectly good dolls were donated, I'm just glad they were and she was only $13.  She's a Danbury Mint collectible doll from 1990, but I cannot find any more information about her.  She stands about 20" tall and is very nicely crafted.  Normally I wouldn't do anything to a doll of this quality, however, she's screaming out to me to be altered and my mind is firing away with ideas.



Her hair was still in a Victorian hairstyle of up swept ringlets, but I have already combed it out to it's current wildness.


I was hoping for bare feet with separate shoes instead of fully formed feet and painted on shoes, but I will figure something out.  I'd like to make my own shoes for her, so now I have to put my thinking cap on and figure out where this is all going.


Please join me on Valentines day for the link party with my good friend Laura of "Decor to Adore."  I'll be sharing my engagement story with you all.  I'm also going to share images of all the Valentine goodies I've received recently from lovely friends.

See you soon!

Hugs,
Meri


15 comments:

Sandy said...

Well...this lightbulb doll will be a challenge for me for sure! lol But I will give it a try...:):) I am anxious to see what the doll ends up looking like...:) Just know it will be great! Check out my blog, and sign up there! Are we getting together this week? Hope so...:)

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Gah! I love a good love story! Can't wait to see how this bride doll turns out. :)

A Little Creation said...

I might have to figure out how to make the lightbulb doll so I can teach it to my girl scout troop. I love giving them these type of projects because what they create turns out so much better than what I think.
Chris =]

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOVING that light bulb doll and can't wait to see what you do with the other doll!!!

Donna said...

oh i cant wait to see what becomes of the victorian doll.

hope this week is a bit more restful for you!

cheers!

vintage grey said...

Love the doll and your class will be absolutely fun! Can't wait to see how the pretty doll turns out! I am sure gorgeous! Have a wonderful week Meri! xo Heather

Perfectly Printed said...

Such a great idea to use the light bulb as a foundation for a doll! ant wait to see how you make over the doll!

Chris

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

What a great way to recycle! So so cute! Can't wait to see the dolly make over too.
Erica :)

Angela said...

Oh what a cute doll! Thank goodness you are saving those old lightbulbs - they are slowly getting rid of them now. Haven't stopped by to say hi in a long time. Have a blessed day. Hope the sun will be out in AZ soon!

Kim K. said...

Oh my goodness. Just when I think I've seen it all, you come up with another inspirational project. I can't wait to see your light bulb doll.

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

Two very pretty dolls Meri. I would love to come and make pretty doll #1, just let me know when.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Wow, how have I missed your blog, it's great! Came over for a visit from Damita's Pretty Wraps, and am a new follower. :) Pam

Wish You Were Here said...

Would love to take the class with the lightbulb paperclay doll! Hugs, Janice

A Vintage Chic said...

What a great idea, Meri! Can't wait to see everyone's dolls!

Looking forward to reading your engagement story...

Wishing you a beautiful day, dear friend!

Julie

Elizabeth Andrus said...

Meri, What a wonderful class you will be having. I can't wait to see all the dolls. And your makeover doll? I see something spectacular coming from that creative mind of yours. I'll be back tomorrow for the "Rest of the Story"! Hugs, E