Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Graphic 45 Design Team 2013 Audition

    Welcome to my audition for the Design Team
 over at Graphic 45
Hello friends,

Yes, this is the announcement I am referring to from my most recent post.  About 2 weeks ago one of my shadowboxes was highlighted HERE on the Graphic 45 Blog, which I mentioned in an email to many of you.  As part of the audition and selection process, I need to post 6 projects I've done, so this is going to be an image heavy post......please bear with me.

First up is a project I just made for my husband using Graphic 45's "Old Curiosity Shop" paper line.  I used an old, segmented wooden box and filled each opening with lots of weirdness and curiosities.
~Please click on images for larger viewing~















Number 2:
This is a "junque" journal I made using the "Prima" Belle Fleur line of papers.  I also made a few "paperdolls" using the images and printing them out, reversed, on brown craft paper.












Number 3:
I've shown this before, but I am posting it again as I think it really shows my style.





Number 4:
This is the shadowbox that was featured on Graphic 45's blog.  I used quite a few of my paper flowers for this one, and created the fence by adhering the image of the fence to a sheet of balsa wood and then cutting it out.  One of the reason I love Graphic 45 paper is because it's weight is heavy enough to create the layering effect I use, making images 3D.






Number 5:
I asked permission from the amazing Kim over at "Musings by Kim K" to use an image of her two lovely daughters in this layout.  I used Graphic 45's "Bird Song Collection" and had fun creating yet another 3D aspect on the page with the lanterns.





Number 6:
Last, but not least, a card I created using Graphic 45's "Spring Garden" collection.


Thank you for your patience, and I will definitely announce if I make it to the second and final round.

Hugs,
Meri






31 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Soooooooo excited you are applying Meri!!! Fingers crossed for you!!!

Kim K. said...

I bow at your artistic talent. Truly amazing (and it's not just because my two cuties were featured).

Love ya!!

E said...

Good Luck Meri you've put together some beautiful pieces and what fun it would be to have their beautiful products to work with ! Watching with fingers crossed xo Elaine

vivian said...

all lovely! I cant imagine that the "judges" wouldnt think so too.
good luck!!!!!!
xoxo

Perfectly Printed said...

You are a very talented lady! Love what you've created!!

chris

HollyC said...

Such beautiful pieces! I am so excited for you! You paper crafts are truly inspirational. Have a wonderful night, Holly ps I love the shadow box!

VintageBettys said...

Good Luck Meri...you truly are an artist with your own style...I am positive you'll make it to the top :)

Chenille Cottage said...

Congratulations on being spotted for your talent, Meri! Your artistry and creativity is deservedly in the spotlight. What fun it is to be included in your announcement. I wish you the very best, my friend.
Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo

A Little Creation said...

Your journal and garden shadowbox are my favorite. If they don't choose you they are crazy! ;)
Chris =]

vintage grey said...

Wow, these are all amazing Meri!! Such talent you have!! So inspiring! Best wishes to you!! Fingers are crossed for you!! ;) xo Heather

Scrap for Joy said...

Oh my stars! I can't even imagine the time it took to create these pieces. You have done a marvelous job Meri....I'd vote for you hands down! Good luck ..keep us posted! (I love the Secret Garden shadow box!!! I just received some of those papers in the mail yesterday)
xoxo
Joyce

Dorothy said...

I love your journal you made, it's so pretty. Congratulations and good luck, I know you'll win!
Hugs,
Dorothy

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

How exciting!! Good luck & best wishes to you! Your crafts are so inspiring and beautiful! I love your shadow box!! Hugs, xo Holly

retrorevival.biz said...

You are so creative! So talented, Meri! Wishing you luck, not that you need it ~ how could they not take you?!

Lynn said...

OMG!!! Love, love, love the shadowbox tray thingie you made for your hubby!! I hope you get chosen!!! You have amazing talent and I think Graphic 45 will only be enhanced by you showcasing their products into your altered art projects!! I wish so much that
I lived in your area! I would love to be able to join in on the art classes that you hold!
Have a wonderful week and good luck
with the design team tryouts!
Hugs,
Lynn and the wienee ranch crew minus one sweet and precious girl!

Lutka And Co. said...

Wow, just beautiful! You are very talented and creative!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Meri,
Your work is so detailed and beautiful. Good luck to you.

Danielle

Susan Clayton said...

Best of Luck! Great pieces. I'm sure the judges will be impressed.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Very exciting news!!!! I hope you make it all the way! WINNER!!!
Warmly,
deb

Tresa@710southmain said...

Your work is simply amazing! I wish you all the best!!!

Kathy said...

Very beautiful creations - The best of luck to you. You would be a remarkable asset to their team.

Marlynne said...

Good Luck! Neat Projects!

Wish You Were Here said...

They are ALL so lovely, Mary! You are so creative! Hugs, Janice

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How wonderful! I LOVE the journal you made and all of your amazing creations! You are so artistic! Best of luck in all that you do!

Elizabeth Andrus said...

Gasping here Meri at the amazing amount of work you have accomplished. Each detail is so interesting drawing you in for closer examination. I love the woman with the monacle and themoon with glasses. Talent Meri, pure talent! E

Kate said...

Lovely pieces! Beautiful details.
Kate

Gloria Stengel said...

Great projects. I wish you all the best!

~ Gloria (G45 DT)

Jody Battaglia said...

Oh my goodness...very piece is so charming...best of luck...Jody

VintageBettys said...

Hi Meri,
The detail in your work is amazing!

Lynn Stevens said...

You Go Girl!!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed you make it!!
Great projects!
Hugs Lynn

Patti said...

Talk about talent! WOW! You are amazing! Hope your dreams come true!