Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Late Entry for the Easter Parade


Happy Easter Everyone,

First I want to thank all of you for your comments and support for my audition post.  I'm sorry I had to leave it up so long, but I had to make sure Graphic 45 had a chance to see it.  With all of your good wishes I am hoping for positive results, and I'll definitely let you all know if I make it to the second round.

A lot of my blog friends have been showing Easter parades using their vintage nursery planters, well here's my late entry, yet still in time for Easter.  I've added a few other vintage goodies in the mix, as well as some of the roses from my garden.....please enjoy.


Here we have the grand marshal of ImagiMeri's
Easter Parade......Mr. Rooster (fuzzy chick courtesy
of my dear friend E)

The first grouping is from the "celluloid" toy division.  They are
working on their float using a vintage German egg to carry them in.

This grouping is a mixture of the celluloid toy division, squeaky
lamb and "Bessie" the Remple dairy cow.

Those silly celluloid bunnies are popping
up everywhere!

This group, led by the squirrel sisters, is trying to figure out
their formation.

The squirrel sisters, Sheila and Sissy, are trying to come to
some sort of agreement, but can't seem to get beyond their
jealousy over each other's hats.

Some other vintage toys wanted in on the action, so the powers
that be let them form their own grouping of mixed compositions.
Kind of like misfits!

This group is being photo bombed by the celluloids

Chirpy the bluebird isn't quite sure she wants the celluloids to
be part of her group, but being that it's Easter and all, she
will probably let things be.

Polka Dot puppy seems a little confused,
and not sure exactly which grouping to be in.
However, in anticipation of this great event,
he made sure to wear his finest hat.

This little girlie pie (a Vivvie term), is just enjoying
kicking back and being part of it all, regardless
of which grouping she falls into.  She's got her
bunny toy and a pretty hat, so she's good to go.

Circus Elephant made sure to find the biggest rose to carry,
and it's got a heavenly scent, too!

Two lamby planters are secretly discussing the formation
of their very own group.

However, Ducky and Chirpy are reminding
them that they all need to work together and
remain  in their specific groups.

What do we have here????

Someone sleeping on the job....oh no, this could be a problem,
where does little Bunnikins belong?

Mr. and Mrs' Bluebirdy are just scandalized
by Bunnikins lack of excitement over this
event.

Oh, this is where Bunnikins belongs.  Well
she can just continue to nap as long as
she stays where she's supposed to.

Thank you for joining my parade, I hope you had fun.  Come back this week for all my swap goodies and what I've been up to lately.

I hope everyone has the most lovely Easter, and I'm praying for all those friends who are having difficulties at this time.  If you know someone in need and can  provide it............give em a big hug, hugs really are magical.

Love ya'
Meri

33 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

love love love love!!!!

Simply Shelley said...

Cute...cute. Great parade! Blessings

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Love your Easter Parade! So many pretty little bunnies, birds, and other "friends"!
I ADORE their little hats! How do you make them???
Easter Blessings to you, Meri!
Warmly,
deb

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Wish that parade was coming by my house. I would be sitting on the curb cheering them on...adorable!

Dorothy Crutchfield said...

Thank you for the parade, Meri. I love the little squirrel sisters.
And that Grand Marshall was fine!
Happy Easter to you,
Dorothy and Ms.Wilma

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

LOL Don't even know where to start! I forgot about Polka-Dot Puppy! He used to live here, but was constantly asking to "go live with Meri instead"!
OK, the squirrel sisters with their hat envy are my favorite!
This was the most fun post ever!
Have a great day my friend!
Erica :)

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

What an adorable parade! Just splendid! Thanks for posting, Meri. And oh my- you have the Lefton kitties! They are on my dream treasure list!

I think I must have missed the post where you talk about an audition. i'll go back and look! ♥

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

They are all so cute! Enjoyed looking at your parade!! :) xo Holly

HollyC said...

What a lovely parade indeed! I love all of your vintage planters. And the characters are so adorable. I love their party hats *<:) The Easter Parade is so much fun! Have a wonderful weekend, Holly

Patti M said...

Meri...LOL...I loved your story!..and I don't blame Sheila and Sissy they both have the most adorable hats! I collect lady figurine planters but I'm just going to have to find me some of these baby planters...the parades have been too fun! Have a great weekend my dear!...hugs...Patti M :)

Perfectly Printed said...

Late or not, I love your parade!!! I spied a little red and white striped bunny in the backgroud...so cute as well as the sleepy bunnykins!!
Warmly chris

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a delightful parade of sweet decorations. I love the same things you do. For some reason, this year, I haven't felt inspired to put my bunnies and chicks out. But they may change any day! Happy weekend!

A Little Creation said...

Those darn bunnies! You have to watch out, photo bombing is their favorite pastime.
Chris =]

Nan said...

What a whimsical parade you have made here showing us the sweet little collection you have. Thanks for posting. I'm terribly jealous as I never see any of this stuff!

Sandy McClay said...

Very very cute....Wayne is with Maya so I took a few minutes to look at my blog list...love all of them!

GardenofDaisies said...

All the little creatures in your Easter parade are adorable! I have to say that the squirrel sisters are my favorites, even if they are being a little silly about their hats.

Chenille Cottage said...

Be still my heart!
Meri...Your Easter Parade is absolutely adorable. You've added every little touch of Springtime. Oh...I love...love...love it all!
Your blog ALWAYS puts a smile on my face!
Blessings and Happy Happy Easter!
Carolynn xoxo

Marlynne said...

I'm smiling from ear to ear viewing your Delightful Easter Parade while reading your amusing commentary! You are Good!! Good lucky on the Audition! You certainly deserve to be chosen!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love a parade! So many pretty mini festive hats on your darling little bunnies, birds, and spring-time friends! Thank you for sharing your sweet collections with all of us!

harriette said...

I love the parade and all the pieces in it! You have a wonderful collection! What brand are Sheila snd Sissy? Napco? Thanks for the fun read!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Meri,
I really loved the parade. Everybody was so adorable! Love them all.

xo Danielle

donna said...

Your Easter parade was so much fun. I loved it. Sooo much cuteness.
Hugs
donna

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME/Doublewide Decor said...

You know when you said about your decorations, I thought, I saw them...but obviously you didn't get the comment. They are all adorable and so vintage. Love that. One of these days maybe I will see in real!!

VintageBettys said...

Awe....Your Easter parade is adorable! I love your behind the scene story of your magical Easter parade. I love all of the sweet party hats! That little darling bluebird and those sassy little squirrels (I believe they are made by py) ...they are all too cute for words...I am still looking for the green py bunny shaker..I won two of the pinkish ones but I really want the green one. I can't wait to see your swap treasures! I really enjoy doing these swaps...I love meeting new people and I love it when people put their heart into it. I really wanted to dress up my lamb for this parade but I've been too busy to join as much as I wanted to..there is always next year..I had way too many distractions..that I probably caused myself, lols. Meri I have something for you ...I'm just very slow at getting things completed...my downfall... I get bored easily.. so I switch from one project to another and then go back...I know you have the talent to make everything that I have already made... I love all of your creations as well and would love to do a swap with you someday soon :)
Good Luck with the second round...I'm sure you will make it to the top :)
Have a blessed week,
Laura

Dessa Rae Greenwood said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I tried air cry clay a few times since my last post, but it takes a while to get used to. I am now getting ready for a doll show and I have to use polymer because I don't have a lot of time to experiment...lol I will soon go back to the adc.

By the way I absolutely love your blog...it is so cheerful and brightens my day every time I come here. I love the vintage art... it reminds me of my childhood for some reason.
Thanks again...
XOXO
Dessa Rae

Abbey Crafton said...

Oh those baby birds! I must have them!
Darly

Angela said...

Awww I love your Easter parade! Cute cute cute characters - the bluebirds, squirrels and lambs are sweet. Had a great time meeting your sissy thru the swap, she spoiled me. Have a blessed Easter - Hugs, Angela

Tresa@710southmain said...

You made me giggle and smile on a day when I really needed to giggle and smile. Thank you so much! Your parade characters are darling and your commentary just delightful (like you!)

Tresa

harriette said...

Thank you for taking the time to write me back! I found one squirrel but not the pair on ebay..so now I can be on the hunt for them! Hope to add them to a Easter parade someday too! Hugs, harriette

Patti said...

Oh my! I just had the best time reading this precious post! Everything is so cute! I just want to play now and it's bedtime! ADORABLE story and sweet critters!

retrorevival.biz said...

What an awesome parade of sweetness, Meri! I especially love the little blue birds:)

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh My Gosh Meri, You have by far the BEST collection of vintage Easter I've ever seen. What a darling parade and all those Easter bonnets are as sweet as can be.
Hugs Lynn
Happy Easter!!!

Susan Clayton said...

Your Easter Parade was perfect company this morning. I enjoyed it with my second cup - and now I'm off to church with a smile in my heart.