Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

Swap goodies





Happy Good Friday and Easter!!!!

I've gotten all my swap goodies from the two swaps I joined.......and I'm a very happy camper!  First up is the Easter Spoolie Swap that our lovely friend Sandy hosted.  My partner was Hope from "Pixie's Ponderings" who lives in jolly old England.......talk about lucky pairings.....she spoiled me with wondrous handmade goodies.
This is the lovely spoolie she made for me...
how adorable is that?

This is a panoramic view of the goodies she sent.  She made
the adorable show ribbon and sent a sweet bottle brush
tree decorated with mini eggs, and a paper egg, made in Germany
of which I used in my Easter parade.

She made the giant "chenille" peep, the peat pot with chickie,
and the sweet little bunny "egg" and included the cutest vintage
metal egg and sweet little bee figurine.

She also made me two tags highlighting the months of March
and April......I love the April one with the kite.

Thank you so very much Hope, I love it all and best part of all is that I now have more to display for Easter.

Please visit Hope at her blog HERE to see what I sent her.

Next up is the fun Spring/Easter swap hosted by sweet Sue over at "Sue loves Cherries."  I was paired with the amazing Hettie Mae of "Farm girl Pink" and I'm very happy once again, as I got spoiled by her as well.

A vintage trace and color book, a vintage teachers
edition of "My Brownie Art Book," pretty ribbon
spools, tissue paper, vanilla tealights, Easter
picks, and some cute pink basket stuffing.

She included two paperdoll sheets (reproductions)
a pretty blue candle holder, resin lamb, jumping chick,
Happy Easter plaque, stuffed bunny, vintage
pressed glass sugar bowl and still more...

A close up of the sugar bowl.....gorgeous!

She included this box of vintage cards, which
are a large size (8" x 10") and I'm showing those
that are included in the collage below....so cute!


Thank you so very much Mae for all the lovely goodies.  I didn't take piccy's of how everything was wrapped (as I tore into everything) but she had everything wrapped in pretty retro paper (from the 70's) and also pink cellophane......very sweet.

Please visit Mae HERE at her blog to see what I sent her.

I'm in the process of adding about 11 or 12 new shadowboxes to my Etsy shop.  Most are for Christmas, as my dear friend E sent me a huge collection of vintage Christmas wrapping paper and what could be more perfect for shadowboxes than that?  Make sure you stop by to see them all HERE.

I haven't heard yet from Graphic 45, but you can all be sure I'll let you know if anything happens.  I'm working on two sculpts at the moment, one for the lovely Keren at "Free Pretty Things For You" and one for my dear friend Laura of "Decor to Adore."  I hope to get them both finished soon, in between many doctor appointments and my upcoming upcycled doll class on the 27th of April.  I've also opened my studio every week for local crafters to come and work on projects, start projects or just to chat.  I hope to get a calendar going on my blog soon for all the activities going on here.  Until I do, if you're local and want to know what's going on, please email me at (meriw@cox.net) and I'll be happy to let you know specific dates.

Happy, Happy Easter to you all,
Meri




9 comments:

vintage grey said...

Happy Easter to you Meri!! xo Heather

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Wishing you a sweet and blessed happy Easter Meri!! :) xo Holly

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving all the goodies!!! And *sigh* the Sugar Art show was a total bust ... horrible ... totally not my genre of art (or people for that matter) ... the people running the event moved me 3 times (after I had set my table and canvasses up each time) ... it was horrible... and the 3 1/2 hours we were there, there was 5 customers and not even one of them glanced my way ... ugh ... they kept saying it would be busier after 7PM ... but I can't sit around a show that makes me feel completely uncomfortable for 7 hours in HOPES that someone comes in to "buy" ... it was bad... anyhoo... lesson learned :) Happy Easter :)

Musings from Kim K. said...

Such pretty treasures from friends and your shadowboxes are simply amazing. Wishing you a happy and blessed Easter!

Jill said...

Those cards are so sweet! But, then, everything you got is cute, cute, cute!f

Perfectly Printed said...

Happy Easter to you too!! What sweet things you received in the Easter swaps!! Lucky girl!

chris

Blessed Serendipity said...

Happy Easter Meri!

Danielle

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh that sugar bowl is wonderful.

Rejoicing in an empty tomb. May you and yours have a very Happy Easter!

donna said...

You got some great goodies from both swaps.
Happy Easter.
Hugs
donna