Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Good Sunday Afternoon to ya!

Hello friends,

So much happening lately........first of all, thank you all again for your encouragement and support for my attempt to audition for Graphic 45's design team.  I did not make it, as there are so many more talented ladies who did, and they were amazing.  There's always next year, and now I can still concentrate on my sculptures.

In other news..........Tammy and her husband Rick, from "Tammy's in Love" were here in the valley visiting, and Sandy and I were blessed to spend some time with them.  It was pure joy from my side, as I totally enjoy meeting new people, but especially blog friends.  I did not take pictures, but Tammy and her husband did, and I'm sure that once she's able she'll post all about her trip.  Tammy and Rick were such a pleasure to meet, and spend time with, and I hope they seriously consider moving out here at some point, even if it's for the winter.  I need more friends to play with........LOL

I've been busy taking my mom to many doctor appointments again, as she's having different issues and we're trying to pin down the causes.  I've finished my sculpt for the lovely Keren of "Free pretty things for you" and will be sending it off to her this week.  I've included some images below.

I'm involved with a local group of ladies, ones I met at ArtZona in January, and we're getting together to alter dolls.  Each of us (there are about 8 of us) will create a doll in some form or another and when we get together we will pass the dolls around and each add something unique to that doll.  When all is finished, we will each have a unique doll with input from each of us........kind of like round robin dolls.  I will definitely post about our gatherings and the finished dolls, as well as my upcoming class on the 27th.  I've sent out a final count email to those of you who are participating in my class and if you could please respond as soon as possible, I'll be able to send you a list of supplies to bring.

Enjoy the graphics, I'm in the process of cleaning more up and I will share them as I finish with them.













Here is the process I went through for Keren's bird sculpture.  She asked for a version of the little bluebirds she has on her blog header, so here they are.

Wire armature

Wire armature wrapped in floral tape

Paperclay added as basic shapes

Refined birds

Beginning to paint.  Here I painted the branch first and gave
it a crackle treatment to look more like wood.

Most of the painting is finished, now I just need to glue
on the hand stitched flowers.

Finished piece


Completed project.......I hope she loves it as much as I do!

A lot of you ladies are delving into Paperclay, and I'm so excited for you all.  If you haven't tried it yet, please buy a small package at your local Michael's or Joanne's and just play around with it before you purchase larger packages.  If you have any questions or need any help with the clay, please feel free to email me at meriw@cox.net and I will send you links to my tutorials and answer any questions you may have.  I will also be happy to send you my phone number should any of you wish to call me.  Even though I have a lot of issues with my hands, working with Paperclay seems to be very therapeutic for me, and I hope you all will consider giving it a go.......it's a lot of fun.

You all have a lovely week!
Big Hugs,
Meri

19 comments:

Kim Covell-Campbell said...

How beautiful!!!

chris mckinley said...

OK how cute is that sculpture?? I'm sure Karen will LOVE it! Love seeing it from start to finish! I'm sure you had a great time visiting with Tammy and her husband....so lucky!
Chris

Jean Knee said...

your sculpture is so adorable. I wish i could learn how to use paper clay

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Meri,
I think your artwork is WONDERFUL! Maybe next year for sure!
Love the bluebirds that you made for her! Sweet as can be. How fun to meet Tammy. Thanks for sharing your images! You are so generous with them.
Warmly,
deb

Nan said...

Meri that bird on a branch is fantastic. I think they should have picked you by the way!
Nan

Donna said...

Those birds are just so sweet! Sending positive vibes to you and your mother..hope you make some progress.
Be well,
Donna

VintageBettys said...

WOW!!! Meri those bluebirds are amazing !!!! You are truly an artist and an inspiration!!! I really love all the painted details, and the flowers are so pretty :) I need to make some...:)
I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the job ..but because you are such a positive person....I am sure better things are coming your way!
(((HUGS)))

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME/Doublewide Decor said...

Oh my goodness gracious. Girl, those birds are absolutely wonderful. I would use another word if I knew one that would really describe it. Fabulous!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What an amazing piece of art! I love it SO much! You are so talented! Thanks for the sweet graphics and enjoy your week! Hugs!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

You are sooooo busy :) I loveeeeeeeee the new sculpture!! It is BEAUTIFUL!!

A Little Creation said...

Meri, the birds are AMAZING and the detail of the flowers sets them off perfectly. You make it look so easy, but we know it's not.
Chris =]

Musings from Kim K. said...

You do such amazing work. I'm sure Keren will LOVE her precious sculpture! All the various stages of the sculpture are just amazing! I'm sure you had a fantastic time visiting with Tammy and her husband. Have a wonderful week ahead! Thank you (as always) for the generous graphics!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Love your darling sculpture, it's so cute!! Those birds are so sweet looking with those little flowers!! :) Thanks for sharing your pretty images with us! :) Hope you have a great week! xo Holly

Dorothy Crutchfield said...

Hi Meri,
Your birds are so beautiful, you painted them just perfectly! Thanks for the pretty images, you're always so nice and generous,
Have a great week,
Dorothy and Ms. Wilma

CoriLynn said...

Beautiful bluebirds!! ~xoxo CoriLynn

Patti M said...

Meri there is NO WAY those other ladies were more talented than you! Girlfriend you are the balm!! I was scrolling down saw the roses image...oh how pretty...got to the lamb..shrieked out loud...so CUTE...got to the start of the sculpture pics...oh my...OH MY...got to the final pic of the sculpture and almost fainted dead away! Girl it is gorgeous!!! You are amazing! She's going to love it!...hugs patti m :)

Susan Clayton said...

I am loving all the paper clay projects springing up. Are you surprised at how many people you've inspired? I'm not!
About the design op - Their loss is our gain! As usual - great images - thanks for sharing.

Createology said...

Your birds are precious. The little stitched flowers are sew very cute. It is Graphics 45 loss that they didn't select you and your talents. Creative Hearts are Happy Hearts...

retrorevival.biz said...

Well you certainly are a busy bee! You're embracing a great attitude ~ that and your incredible talent is going to bring really good things:) Your birdie sculpure is super cute!