Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

UH OH I've gone and done it again!


Hello awesome people,

Well, I might have gone and hurt myself again!  About a month ago, because the weather is so gorgeous here in Arizona, my husband, youngest daughter and I went to the park to enjoy the day.  We played a little Frisbee, and if I can't reach them I let them go and waddle over to pick them up.  I can't do this for too long, but it is something I can manage a little bit.  Well hubby and daughter decided they wanted to hit a volleyball around, too.  This is something I know I can't and shouldn't do............but.........my stupid 17 year old heart said "hey why not try?"  I managed to get the ball over the net twice before I fell down......HARD on my right hip.  As I lay there in stunned, painful, silence, my hubby and daughter were hovering over me.  I got my breath back and somehow managed to get back up.  I was sore for a week, and it took four days for the massive bruise to show up........it was ugly!  It only affected my walking for that week, and soon I was back to my normal antics.  Last Thursday one of my dogs got out the front door (I mentioned this in my last post) well as much as I wanted to run like the wind to catch him, it took about 6 of us to accomplish this......picture a bunch of middle aged women running up the block like crazy people after this silly little long hair dachshund mix of a dog who can run faster than a greyhound, and then there's me hobbling way, way behind the others screaming at my dog and feeling every bit of my 92 year old body screaming for me to stop and fall down.  I didn't, and in the end my friends were able to scare my little doggie back in my direction where I falsely told him I had a treat......I know, shame on me, but it worked.

After that adventure, my youngest sister and another lovely friend, Sharon, decided to go "Goodwill hunting" and we enjoyed a lazy time of looking and buying more crap.  When I got home, I needed to go lie down for awhile as I was quite worn out.  I watched a movie for about an hour and then decided I need to go look through all the crap I bought at Goodwill.  I sat up on the edge of my bed and proceeded to stand and got a shocking pain in my hip.  I couldn't even put my weight on my right leg without screaming out in agony.  Something was wrong.  I went to my doctor on Friday and he sent me out for X-rays, of which I am now waiting for the results on.  He thinks I may have fractured my hip from my fall weeks earlier and all my activity in the past week has made it worse.  I'm hoping and praying it's not broken or that I've hurt any ligaments or tendons, as I just don't need this right now.

Regardless of the outcome, I still plan on having my class on the 27th, unless the doctors admit me to the hospital.  I will let you all know, when I know.  Until then, I'll be spending more time in bed, but I'll try to keep up with my blogging and emails.

These are all new graphics for ya'll, so enjoy!


































Just like the Terminator..........I'll be back!

Hugs,
Meri

25 comments:

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Oh you poor girl! I know just how you feel! I stubbornly refuse to believe that I can't move heavy things anymore- only to regret it!

I hope, hope you din't break anything! ♥

vintage grey said...

Oh, so sorry Meri! Will be praying for your hip! Thanks for sharing such sweet graphics! ;) Take care! xo Heather

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh my gosh Meri, You poor thing!!!
I'm so sorry to hear about your fall.
Hope things work themselves out. Keep us posted.
I'm sending you a pm.
Hugs Lynn

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME/Doublewide Decor said...

Ouch! When I got home from the hospital, the pain in my upper right hip was about to do me in. I could not stand it without meds. Just when they were going to get xrays...the pain went away. I think it was just the hospital beds, but it hurt. I can only imagine how much yours must hurt....take it easy girl!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Uh Oh...
Praying that your hip isn't broken!!
Take care!
Warmly,
deb

Debby said...

You poor thing. Hope that it isn't broken. Rest as much you can while waiting on the news and we can pray for that to be good. Let's hope it is just strained badly. (((((HUGS))))

Blessed Serendipity said...

Meri,
I am so sorry dear. I hope the doctors can put you back together again. Meanwhile, please take it easy and try to relax. I love your collection of sweet vintage graphics. Thanks so much for sharing. Get better soon!

xo Danielle

vivian said...

uh oh! so sorry you hurt yourself. I hope it doesnt take too long to heal and that you'll soon be your young Old self again!!
take care Meri!! I hate to think of you in pain.
xoxo
vivian

agravette said...

Oh honey, I'm so sorry! I hope the doctors have good news for you and that some rest is all you'll need to feel much better. I'll be praying for you! Thank you for the sweet images.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Oh no!!! :( I hope you feel better soon!!

A Little Creation said...

I guess it's time to make you a bubble wrap suit. What color would you like? We have pink,green and clear.
Seriously, I hope it isn't serious, oops there I go again.
Truly, I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Chris =]

Musings from Kim K. said...

No! Oh you poor thing, I really hope it's nothing as serious as a fracture. Prayers coming your way from MI. Please keep us posted.

HUGS!!!

harriette said...

Oh Meri I am hoping for positive results. Take care, heal fast. Thinking of you!!! Your graphics make me smile I love them all!
xx, harriette

Jenny said...

Oh Meri! I'm so sorry to read this sweetie!

Please rest up!

You have so many wonderful projects going!

I'm just sad this happened!

Sending you a gentle hug and a healing prayer.

Perfectly Printed said...

OMG! Hoping you feel better soon!....Praying for good news from your doctor! No frature! chris

Tammy's in Love said...

Hey! That looks like a Tammy Doll standing by the suitcase! THANKS! Now, then, I wish I had brought more movies for you to sit and recooperate with... So sorry to hear that you're in pain; I have one word for you: DRUGS! I find no shame in taking something until it calms down!

Take care, and make the fam take care of you!
Tammy

Beedeebabee said...

Oh no, Meri! I pray your hip isn't broken. Take it real easy till you hear from the doctor...Terminator Girlie! Sending a big healing hug. xo

Patti said...

Oh Meri - I don't want to hear that you are hurting! Hope you are better very soon! And, I love the sweet images, too. Thank you so much!

Dorothy Crutchfield said...

I'm so sorry you hurt, I hope you heal really fast. Sending hugs from me and Wilma.

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that Meri, will be praying for your hip. So many sweet graphics, thank you! xo Holly

Shirley Hatfield said...

You poor sweet thing! It seems like our creative minds steal all the strength from the rest of our bodies! I have had a fear lately of falling and breaking an ankle. My friend has spent almost a year recovering from a bottom step basement fall...yikes! Please take care and I wish you all the best...if positive thinking will help, "It's not broken." Hope that works! =D

Bella said...

I am praying for a diagnosis other than hip fracture.

Blessings,

Rhona

Short and Sweet said...

Oh, Meri, I'm so sorry to hear about the fall and all that you are going through. I still plan on coming to the class so keep me informed. Please feel better and follow the doctor's orders.
Take care my friend.
Loretta

VintageBettys said...

Aww Meri I missed this post I'm sorry that you hurt yourself :( Thank you as always for your sweet graphics...
((HUGS))

RB B said...

Thanks for sharing your lovely vintage images. I followed the link provided on Simply Shelly's blog... and what a lovely surprise!