Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New anthropomorphic graphics, and a reminder!


Howdy,

Well here's another selection of graphics I've cleaned up for you.  Most of them are anthropomorphic, which I love, and can be used in many applications.  Please remember to shoot me piccy's of crafts you make using them, as I love to know I'm doing this for your crafting pleasure.


Just to give you an idea of how I clean
graphics, here's a before, and below is the after.
The image was cut off on the top and the bottom,
and blurry, not to mention dark.


Here I recreated the handle, took the hearts away
off the bottom, brightened it, removed the
background, and sharpened it.
I might go back and recreate the cut off bottom
part, too, but for now it's okay like it is.




Here's another example of what I do to graphics.


I've taken away the background, and removed the words
and heart from the shaker on the left.  I also removed the
name that was written on the spoon, in pencil.  If I was to
"erase" the name on the original, it might smear other
parts of the image, so I just remove it in my
Photoshop version.


















Now the reminder:
I've still got a few seats available for my June class.  We're playing with paper dolls and it's gonna be lot's of fun.  Click here for more info.

I hope you all had a wondrous holiday weekend, and now it's our turn to suffer the weather.  We can climb as high as 120 degrees here in the desert southwest.  I used to love the heat....the hotter the better....but now that I'm an old lady, it just exacerbates my chronic inflammation and hot flashes.  I don't like it anymore, but it's home.  I'd much rather be spending my summer's in England, but I just haven't won the lottery yet, nor do I have any rich relatives, so I'll just stick around and sweat it out because it's only for 3-4 months and all the rest of the time it's gorgeous here.....and the last reason; it may be hot and dry here in the desert, but at least we don't have to shovel the heat!!!!!

Hugs,
Meri


15 comments:

harriette said...

Once again, I love all the graphics! Thank you! Send some heat to MN...we are going on week 2 of rain and chilly temps. Enjoy your week! xo

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

So many of these would make adorable kitchen art! Thanks for sharing, Meri!

We had one week of summer like weather and then it went back to snowing! Crazy!

I hear ya on the hot flashes! Best cure I've found yet is drinking LOTS of cold water throughout the day.

Dorothy Crutchfield said...

Awesome images as always, Meri! Have a great week,
hugs from Dorothy and Ms.Wilma

vintage grey said...

Hi Meri,
Thanks for the sweet graphics!! I actually used one from another post to announce my winner! You can see it on my latest post. Oh, those three little kittens made their way to my shoppe. ;) Have a great week!! xo Heather

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I do not like the heat...and we are approaching misery!! But I love the rest of the year....ok, so we both need to win the lottery and go to England....I am game!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I always appreciate your graphics. Josie definitely appreciates your special graphics. I've had so much fun using them for her upcoming birthday. I don't want your heat, but it was so cold yesterday, we had to turn on the heat. Come on summer!

Short and Sweet said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the graphics! See you in June.
Loretta

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Oh what very sweet images!! Thank you so much for sharing!! Have a great day! xo Holly

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

LOL!! Totally disagree... I say 6 months of blah heat! :) I love love love the graphics!!

CoriLynn said...

I ADORE these graphics!! I hear ya on the heat! Too much is too bad for me, but I love to have a little. It feels so cold in California after the warmth of Italy! Thank you for cheering me with these great images!!
~CoriLynn

vivian said...

such fun graphics meri! thank you for always taking the time to share them with us. you are the graphics queen!
I hope you have a lovely day.. supposed to be in the 90s here the next few days.. and muggy. I dont care to be any hotter then that! no air conditioner here.. but boy do I have fans! LOL! I think I'll dig them out this morning. Im pretty sure i'll be wanting them by the time I get home from work tonight.
happy day!!
xoxo

Donna said...

Hi Meri,
I just love the graphics, great work!

Marlynne said...

Congratulations! Your good with that graphics thing!

Susan Clayton said...

These are so cute! Clean up graphics is time consuming and tedious. The programs can be costly. I sure do appreciate work you do! And you always find the cutest pictures. My daughter is moving into her first place and I'm thinking these graphics might inspire a project for her kitchen.

Jenny said...

Anthro...

Huh?

Gosh.

Not only are you crazy talented you know all kinds of big words!

I was thinking of your Mom the other day. I hope she's doing well.

Sending a little prayer to you both!