Pages

Monday, May 20, 2013

New June Class at ImagiMeri's Creations! Playin' with Paper Dolls!



Howdy,

OMGosh it's been so busy here lately, but I'm here to announce the next class.  I mentioned recently that I might try to squeeze another class in before the November holiday class, so here it is.....

We'll be making paper doll greeting cards and layouts!  That's right, we're playing with paper dolls!

Details:

Date:  Saturday, June 15, 2013
Time:  10:00 a.m. till we get tired and or bored!
Where:  ImagiMeri's Creations Studio, Gilbert, Arizona
Cost:  $30

What's gonna happen?  We will create one paper doll greeting card fairly quickly and then with any time remaining we'll make more.

We will create something like this:
Card was made with various paper doll
parts and assembly is easy.
I will provide many, many paper doll parts of various styles and colors (i.e. heads, arms, legs, torso's, etc.) or even whole figures in which you can create cards like this:

Just an example of where your imagination
can go.
This class will show you how to use your left over scraps of paper and fabric.  Depending on the time remaining after completion of the first card, you will have ample opportunity to create more cards or even 12" x 12" scrapbook layouts, like this:

Example, not to be recreated in class



You will learn enough basic steps to begin and then find your inner creative force and let your imagination fly and create more complex pieces like this:
Example, not to be recreated in class
Or this:
Example, not to be recreated in class


So get back with me as soon as possible, as seating is limited.  Either leave a comment here to be included or email me at meriw@cox.net.  Once my class is full, I will then email you all with further instructions and information on what supplies to bring.

I hope to hear from you soon,
Meri

18 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME/Doublewide Decor said...

I want to come!! So far, so good, so please count me in!

Scrap for Joy said...

Why oh why do you live so far away? I would love this class! Paper dolls are my favorites! Looks like a bunch o'fun!
xoxo
Joyce

Short and Sweet said...

I'll be there and I'm excited to be part of this class as I LOVE paper dolls!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Ohhhhhh I wish I could come :( But Brian will be out of town that weekend :( I loveeeeeee the cards!!!

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Well that filler worked perfectly! :)

You all have fun! ♥

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Looks like fun and thinking outside of the box, which I need to do more often!
Warmly,
deb

Musings from Kim K. said...

I really wish I lived closer. What fun you all are going to have. Be sure to take lots and lots of pictures!!

chris mckinley said...

Wish I lived closer the cards are too cute!

LBP said...

Oh how I wish Virginia was closer to Arizona! What a fantastic class that will be. Looking forward to seeing all the photos of the cards y'all make.

Blessings

Linda

Donna said...

Oh i wish i lived closer!They look like so much fun!

✿Carol✿ said...

If I lived anywhere near you, I would SO be there, because I always loved playing with my paper dollies! Please share pics from the class!!!

Wish You Were Here said...

Okay, Meri, I AM going to try with all my might to make this one! Please count me in and I am going to do everything in my power to get there! Hugs, Janice

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

What a fun class to take!!! I love the fairy lady flying!! So cute, can't wait to see more pictures of your class! :) Happy Tuesday! xo Holly

Kim Campbell said...

I wish I was in the same state!!!! Can't wait to see everyones gorgeous creations!

HollyC said...

Hey Meri! What fun! I just love these paperdolls. So creative! I wish that I could join in on the class- that would be a blast. I can't wait to see what you and your students come up with. Have a wonderful day, Holly

Woodworkin' & Good Eats said...

Wow, playing with paper-dolls isn't what it was when my sister did it.
You are very creative.

vintage grey said...

What a fun class it will be!! Wish I lived closer to you!! Hope you are having a wonderful week!! xo Heather

Cheryl said...

You should host an online party as well! Everyone could make something like this and link it up to your blog :-) Just a thought for those of us who don't live close to you!~
Big hugs,
Cheryl