Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Upcycled lightbulb doll class, Part One


Hi Folks,

Sorry this posting is late, but Blogger is giving me fits, and I'm just about to pull my hair out!!!!  I've tried for the past two days, but somethings wreaking havoc with the image placement, so I'm not a happy camper.  Anyhoo, here I am trying again, so without further ado......

This is Sharon Van Dussen,  of "Katydid" whom I met at ArtZona,
back in January. She's an exceptional artist/crafter and I love that she
comes over weekly to spend time with me while she's finishing projects for
challenges or swaps that she's in.  She does not currently have a blog,
but I'm workin' on this, so be patient..........she's hilarious fun.

This is Sharon's doll in progress.  She did not finish as of the
end of the class.

Sharon holding her doll

Close-up

This picture is what she sent me yesterday, after finishing
her doll......she's adorable.

Here we have Sherrie of "Big Toe Studios" and Melissa
who is co-owner of "Scrapbook Barn" and of the blog
"Distressed Dainties."  The two ladies are obviously
sharing doll making tips.........either that, or they are cursing
me out for having them hand sew.

This is Sherrie's doll in progress

A close-up

Here's the lovely Sherrie who is a joy to craft
with and is willing to try just about anything.

Close-up........Sherrie and her doll 

Here's Melissa (Scrapbook Barn) and (Distressed Dainties)
and she was working on her doll which she told me was
being modeled after me.....how sweet is that?

Melissa and her doll (ME)
I actually think she did an amazing job, and it
does look like me.........minus all the weight!

Close-up

This is the lovely Loretta of "Short and Sweet" who bravely
took this class even though she hates to hand sew.  She thinks
I helped her with her doll, but I really didn't, she did an amazing
job all on her own. Please check out Loretta's blog as she's done
a lovely post about the class, too.  She even got better images
than me, so head over there.

Loretta's doll in the works.

Loretta and her doll

A lovely close-up

This is the only picture I got of my little
sister Jen of "DogMa-Jen"
She whizzed through making her doll and it
turned into Marie Antionette.  She was quick,
efficient and then outta there to go spend time
with her hubby.  Her doll was amazing!

The doll in the navy blue dress (left) is the one I
made during the class.  Both of these dolls
are heading soon to my good friend Kim
of "Musings from Kim K"

This is Emma for her oldest daughter in
high school.

This is Josie, for her adorable little one who is
turning 7 soon.

This class was so much fun and I can't wait to have the next event.  I told all the ladies what's coming up in November, but I might try to sneak one more class in between........maybe June.  Stay tuned!

I'm also working on the video tutorial for this class which will be available for a fee of $10 for the link, to those of you interested.  I will post all the information soon.

Have a great week,
Meri




















13 comments:

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Cuteness & pure fun! As always. :)

I walked away from writing my posts on Blogger 3 years ago and never looked back. I use windows live writer. It's free and posts directly to the Blogger site. Check it out and call me with ?????

XO my friend!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh my! These are each and every one little works of art! Isn't it neat how they take on their own little personalities! I love the Emma and Josie dolls...won't Kim be happy with these little sweeties! What a fun class! You amaze me!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

What lovely dolls everyone made!! So neat! I love the Josie and Emma dolls, I'm sure Kim will just adore them!! :) What a fun and unique gift for her! Have a great day, Happy May 1st! xo Holly

Jessica Cangiano said...

Two cute for absolute words! How am I just getting wind of lightbulb dolls now for the first time? No matter, the important thing is that I have and that I can down squeal over how immensely cute and charming they are.


Wishing you a joyful May 1st!
♥ Jessica

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm so darn honored. My girls will be so surprised. I'm keeping it a secret. Your talents never cease to amaze. Thank you for all you do in sharing them with us! Love ya, sweetie!

Createology said...

All the ladies did a wonderful job and every doll is just too uber cute. You must be a very good teacher to have 100% success by your students. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving how they all turned out!!

Tammy's in Love said...

Oh what fun! Mr. Wonderful went nuts and bought a zillion regular style light bulbs because soon all you can buy is CFLs so if you want to come teach a class here I'll provide the bulbs! Shhh don't tell him I said that!

vintage grey said...

Looks like a wonderful and fun time!! I love the dolls for Kim's sweet girls!! They are perfectly beautiful!! Such talent you have!! xo Heather

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I had no idea on how CUTE they would be! Each with their own little personalities!!! SWEET. I'm SURE that Kim's girls will LOVE their dolls!
Warmly,
deb

VintageBettys said...

Those dolls are adorable!!! I am sure the girls are going to go crazy over them :) They are amazing!

HollyC said...

Oh Meri! These are adorable! The ladies taking your class did a wonderful job. I wish that I could have been there :) What fun! Have a great day, Holly

CoriLynn said...

These are such sweet dolls! Wow! Everyone's turned out so cute! I love your sister's Marie Antoinette! I have a bit of a French obsession! HeHe! ;)
~xoxo, CoriLynn