Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Look whats coming for the Holidays!


Howdy!

I know this seems early to be announcing this, but its really not.  I've had a few ladies from out of town ask about attending this event coming up in November here in Gilbert, Arizona, and I'd like to get some feedback from ya'll who are interested so I can make a definitive decision and you can make travel plans early.

I'd like to have the event on November 9th, 2013, which is a Saturday.  We will be making and decorating "Putz" houses using kits and vintage decorations.  My good friend Sandy of "521 Lakestreet" and I each have a spare room for someone to stay in for free, so it will be on a first come, first served basis.

Putz houses
Either one of us (Sandy or I) can help you with travel plans and make many suggestions for places to visit while you are here.

I will have a button ready for you all to use shortly to spread the word on this fun event and finding out how many will be attending will also determine where it will be held.  In my studio, I can host up to 20 crafters, but if more sign up we will most likely hold it at a larger venue.  The event will be pre-paid and non-refundable as I am spending this summer collecting decorations and getting gifts ready.  I am also going to be making a major announcement in August when I post the first official notice of this event, so stay tuned.  Arizona is gorgeous in November, so I hope I hear from a lot of you.

I would really appreciate if you are interested or plan on coming, to either leave me a comment or contact me via email (meriw@cox.net) on this post so I can start getting an idea of the scope of this party.

It's going to be amazing fun and I'm really looking forward to this, as well as the possibility of meeting new folks.

Hugs,
Meri

22 comments:

Createology said...

Thank you so very much for visiting and leaving me a comforting comment. Your retreat sounds wonderful but not for me this year. Love all your new acquisitions. I do hope Archie finds a very good home. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I am planning on attending!!!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

If I am vertical...I am there!

Sandy McClay said...

Meri,

I also will need to know in advance if we can't do it at your place and need the conference room here....I am so excited! Anything to do with the holidays when it is 106 outside makes me happy! :):)

vivian said...

sounds like fun Meri. One of these days we will have to meet for sure. but I am not much of a long distance traveler... so you may have to come this way! I think its great that youre putting this together and planning early is the best way to do it!
have a great day my friend!
xoxo

Musings from Kim K. said...

You always have the BEST ideas for workshops.

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Oh my! This sounds like so much fun!! I wish we lived a bit closer, I will probably not be able to attend, but can't wait to see more about this. Have fun collecting things!! :) xo Holly

Jenny said...

Putz houses?

Oh you vixen.

This is something I'd love to do.

But hopefully you will always sell some of your masterpieces, too!

I have a small (but growing) addiction to these houses!

Wish You Were Here said...

I would LOVE to attend, Meri! Would love to finally meet you, too! Hugs, Janice

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I'm in! I have house guests arriving on Thursday. Sheesh! Don't they know the weathers gonna suck?
I am hoping that the following week I can beg you to visit me.
Sweet boy is in a school program from 9-1 each day so I cant really come to you.

Bella said...

I will definitely be there.

Rhona

Bohemian said...

Got your Message via the Blog but don't have E-Mail capacity on this site to exchange info. My FB Page does though... I'm under Dawn Marie... if we exchange Friend Requests them we can send PM's. Thanks for Encouragement during a particularly trying time..., Blog Friends are so Awesome! Hugs from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Short and Sweet said...

I WILL BE THERE!!!! Love your crafting get-togethers! Looking forward to seeing everyone again like Sandy, Julie, CeeKay and Jenny Matlock. Can't wait for the big announcement...will look for future updates.
Loretta

Dog-Ma said...

I should be there!

Beedeebabee said...

I sooo wish I lived close! This sounds like such fun! xoxo

vintage grey said...

Sounds like such fun!! Wish I could come out! ;) So glad your cute clothespin bag arrived safely for you! And, thank you so much for your prayers!! Wishing you a wonderful week Meri!! Hugs, xo Heather

✿Carol✿ said...

Love your blog background Meri! My sister-in-law lives in Gilbert, and although she likes hot weather, this is even TOO HOT for her! You ladies have fun at that workshop. Making Putz houses is such a cute idea!

Atelier Shabby chic style by ♥ Fantasie di fata ♥ said...

ciao sei bravissima che bei lavori!! Adoro il tuo cagnolino <3 Baci Elly, nuova follower.

Elizabeth Andrus said...

Hi Meri! Here at the library checking in to say Hello! Oh My Gosh is your new blog page ever PERFECTLY YOU! I absolutely love it!
Wanted to tell you again what a life line you have been to me. You words are leading me back to where I belong. Internet connection by week's end!
I'm so excited about your latest workshop and look forward to seeing all the creations!
Always, E

Elizabeth Andrus said...

Hi Meri, Oh My Gosh do I ever love your new page! It is so PERFECTLY YOU!
I wanted to thank you so much for your encouraging phone call. Internet connection by week's end. (I'm at the library now)
I can't wait to see this workshop take place. One day!
Always, E

Lynn @The Vintage Nest said...

thank you so much for visiting The Vintage Nest and leaving a sweet comment. Putz houses are so sweet and a workshop sounds fabulous. If I lived a teensy bit closer, I would come on over. :) Looks like you will have a full house. Love your new blog page. It's so happy, colorful and cheerful. :)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Hope you got my emails, count me in, I can't wait. Hugs, marty