Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

More visual goodies and an update on mom


Hello ya'll,

Here's a few more graphics I worked on recently.  I've been pretty busy lately, mostly with my mom, but I'm also working on a special birthday gift for my oldest daughter.  Caitlin turns 25 on June 13th, and has been newly married for the past three years.  She and her wondrous husband, Cody, just spent their anniversary at Disneyland..........oh how jealous was I?  Very, so as penance for going without mommy, my daughter was instructed to purchase me a brightly colored Mickey Mouse T-shirt.  She delivered..........I got a hot pink, XXL so that I can either sleep in it or wear it.  Yes, I'm a big girl, much smaller than last year, but still large.  I used to be 5'10" most of my life, but lately I've shrunk an inch.  I can hold a lot of weight on my large bony body, but I absolutely dwarf my little mommy.  She used to be 5'2", eye's of blue, but sadly due to osteoporosis she has shrunken down to 4'9".  She now has much difficulty with her stature and we're still waiting on word from her doctor as to whether she's fractured a rib or two, as they are now resting on her hip bones.  She has a new brace for her severe spinal curvature, but it doesn't help at all with a possible fractured rib.  In addition to all the fun, she's been getting lot's of dental work done.......to the tune of $6,000 after insurance.  She's had an intensive cleaning, many, many fillings, and most recently some extractions.  This has left her feeling pretty puny and not able to eat much.  She's had lot's of smoothies and yogurt, and tomorrow she gets her stitches out.  So as you can see, I've been very occupied with my mom.

I am excited about my next class on June 15th, where we will be playing with paper dolls.  So far I have six ladies coming, and I'm very happy as I think we're gonna have lots of fun.  I know blogging has slowed down for a lot of us lately, what with the seasons changing and school getting out, cleaning up yards, etc., so for all those suffering with the weather back east and in the Midwest, my prayers are with you to stay safe.











God Bless, and I'll be back soon.

Hugs,
Meri


23 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Your poor Mum. I'm glad she has you to assist her, but I know that this must be exhausting too. Your daughter is going to love her very special book from you. Hugs!

CoriLynn said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope she will be feeling better soon!
I'm a huge Disneyland fan myself, so I'm jealous too!! ;)
Sending out a big hug to you!
~CoriLynn

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

So sorry your mom is uncomfortable with her teeth...I know how much time is involved in taking care of a sick mom....
Anxious to see you soon!

vintage grey said...

Hi Meri,
So sorry about your sweet mom. Will be keeping her in my prayers. So glad she has you!! Your birthday gift will definitely be a treasure for your daughter! Thanks for sharing the sweet images! xo Heather

Dorothy Crutchfield said...

Thanks for the images, Meri. Hope your mother is better real soon.
Dorothy

Patti said...

Hi Meri - I'm so glad that you can be with your mother and help her, too. I live too far away from my sweet mother. Thank you for the sweet images. I think I might use one for my new header, if I can figure out how to make one!

Claudia said...

Hoping your mom feels better soon, Meri. Hang in there.

xo
Claudia

Jenny's Heart said...

I feel for your mama, yikes dental work is a misery.
I hope she feels better soon.
I am jealous of your oldest too, it has been forever since I have been to Disney.

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Hi Meri!
Oh your poor Mom! I'm sorry. :(
I hope she finds relief soon.
I used to be 5'9", but now I've shrunk an inch because of my RA. I lived my childhood and highschool years just so jealous of shorter girls! Always a head taller, and larger than my friends. Not a good feeling. But I'm sooo over it now!
These graphics are some of the cutest ever! I want to make that puppy trio into a decal!
Hugs to you and your Mom-
Erica :)

Short and Sweet said...

Gosh your mom has been through a lot! I sure enjoyed visiting with her at our Christmas wreath-making class last year. I'm looking forward to the paper doll class and looking at the doll furniture. See you soon, my friend.
Loretta

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry to hear about your mom :( Loving the graphics!!

Marlynne said...

Glad your still able to work in a little creativity!

Tammy's in Love said...

I'm glad to hear from you in between all the errands with Mom! I'm trying to get my mom out of her house and the number of calls, visits to 55+ apts. and co-ops is nothing compared to all the doctor stuff! Love the patriotic graphics, if I can ever get time in my craft room again! It's raining 3 or 4 days a week so when it's dry I've been planting or weeding the hundreds of dandelions. It's really green with all the rain and mossy in the shade of the big poplars! Made a Fairy Garden last nite!

chris mckinley said...

Sounds like your kids brought you a fun gift from Disneyland!! Hang in there taking care of your mom, I've been there and although I'd never trade the time we spent together, it is a lot work! Be sure to take care of yourself too! I'm sure prepping for your upcoming class helps! Warmly!

Donna said...

Poor mom!! sending lots of healing thoughts and energy her way...I am dying to get to Disneyland one day ...Happy anniversary to your daughter!!

Be well!
Donna

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Meri,
Aging parents...I hope my kids will be as great to me as you are to your Mom!
I just saw on TV that the tickets to the Disney parks are going UP! Almost 100.00 per park!
Thanks for sharing your graphics!
Take care!
Warmly,
deb

Laura Adams said...

Hi Meri...I can see you are one busy woman...I'm praying for your mom to have a speedy recovery...I know this must be very uncomfortable for her. I myself have been busy with the baby and have had a major destruction going on at my house...no need to worry..time will fix it. Thank you again for all of the lovely images that you share with us :)...
Laura

Jenny said...

Thanks for the update!

I'm so glad you and your Mom have each other!

You are both beautiful, lovely, strong women!

I admire you so much!

I don't, however, admire dental work!

Acccck!

Sending a prayer to your sweet Mom that her mouth feels better quickly.

Kim Campbell said...

Oh, tons of ((((((hugs))))) to you and your mom!

vivian said...

you are so good to your mom!I know youre lucky to have each other. wow... 6000.00 in dental work after insurance is insane! Id have to let me teeth fall out if they told me I'd have to pay that! seriously!
I wish I lived close to you so I come to your class. I want to play! Im getting geared up to start patriotic crafting and decorating! looking forward to it.
have a great day my friend
xoxo

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Sweetheart! Oh, your poor mom. My heart goes out to her and to you too, as I know how straining all of this must be. I so hope she's feeling much, much better soon. xoxo

Scrap for Joy said...

I feel so sad for your dear Mother. She has had so many struggles. I'm sure she is glad that she can rely on your loving care.As always, your images are adorable..I love the old child-like images.
Well, I have rearranged my mantel...with your help...stop by and tell me if you think it looks better. Thanks!
xoxo
Joyce

donna said...

Hi Meri I am just catching up on your blog. I hope they find out about your mom's ribs soon. Poor dear sounds like she is in a lot of pain. Hope she gets to feeling better soon. My prayers are with y'all.
Thank you so much for always sharing your super cute graphics.
Hugs
donna