Pages

Friday, July 19, 2013

Heartfelt thanks and an update on Mom

This is a picture of a sculpture I have from
the limited collection of "Thomas
Blackshear's" Ebony Vision
called "The Comforter" 1997

Howdy ya'll,

I want to thank all of you for your prayers and good wishes for my mom and I.  My mom had her oral surgery last Wednesday morning and came through pretty well.  When she had her bad wisdom tooth removed about a month ago, it was not known at that time the level of infection she had been dealing with for what now might have been years.  The oral surgeon does not believe that the tumor he removed was cancerous, however, we have to wait for pathology for the final word.  When the tooth was removed I saw the scans of her jaw and it looked like there wasn't much bone left in her jaw in that area.  Wednesday the surgeon removed even more bone for a biopsy as it was infected, too.  My mom is not allowed to chew for the next few weeks as the possibility of fracturing her jaw is high.  After getting her home and comfortable I promptly went to purchase instant mashed potatoes, Spaghettios, soup, pudding, Jello, Popsicles, ice cream, and all manner of mushy things so she will not need to chew.  The surgeon has suggested we talk to all her doctors as well as an infectious disease doctor about the possibility of her C. diff coming back as she will be on antibiotics for at least 6-9 weeks for now.

This is where we are for now........hoping and praying she recovers well and that the C. diff does not show up.

The above image of "The Comforter" brings me much solace when I look at it.  It is the epitome of motherhood and what a mother means.......what my mom means to me.  I'm going to keep fighting to keep her here as long as she wants to be around.

Thank you all again from the bottom of my heart.  Please excuse me for not getting around to visit you all recently........I know you understand.

Hugs N' Love,
Meri

19 comments:

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Dear Meri,
I am so sorry to hear this.. My heart is heavy.
You are a very strong woman with boundless love for your mother..
I know this is not easy, and I will keep you and your dear mother in my prayers...
bless you,
Penny

Beedeebabee said...

Sweet Meri, Know that I am keeping both you and your mom close to my heart and in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she continues to improve with each new day and that the C. diff doesn't return. Stay strong, Meri. I know how difficult this all must be. xoxo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Glad to hear all went well!! Keeping her in my prayers!!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Prayers from across the miles coming your way. Hugs too. You are both very strong women. XOXO

Dessa Rae Greenwood said...

Dear Meri
I am so glad to hear your mom came through her surgery without any complications...
I am sorry she is going through this, and I will keep you and her in my thoughts and prayers.
XOXO
Dessa Rae

chris mckinley said...

So glad that so far you have good news! I will continue to pray for your family as you travel through this journey.....it is ironic how the roles become reversed as we become older children....You are a strong woman and your faith will guide you.

A Little Creation said...

Don't forget to take care of yourself as well!
Chris =]

vintage grey said...

Continued prayers for your sweet mom and you! Glad to hear it went well!! Many hugs to you, xo Heather

Createology said...

Prayers will continue for your mom and your family. Thank you for the update. I do hope you are getting your proper rest so you can be the strength that this beautiful sculpture depicts. Healing Energy Dear...

Lutka And Co. said...

Yes, there is no one like a mother... Hoping all goes well for you both.
Hugs, Linda

CoriLynn said...

Thinking of you and your mom and hoping all goes well. You are such an amazing person, and wonderful daughter.
~xoxo, CoriLynn

donna said...

I am so glad the surgery went well. She will continue to be in my prayers. You are such a GREAT daughter stay strong my dear.
Hugs
donna

★Carol★ said...

Meri, I'm praying for your Mom. I was just catching up on your blog and saw that she had C diff. My Mom had that last year for 6 months, and it was horrible and terribly expensive. I don't think most people know about this, but I guess it's becoming more common, no matter what age. I hope all turns out well for your Mom!!!

retrorevival.biz said...

You are an amazing comforter, Meri:) Keeping you and your mama in my thoughts:)

Lynn Stevens said...

Oh my Gosh Meri, your mom has really been through the ringer, Prayers sent her way and hope she is doing much better.
Hugs Lynn

Marlynne said...

Blessings on you as you care for your Mother. Find some time for yourself to be creative, I know! It's so important to our well being!

E said...

Blessings and prayers to you Meri for the loving care you are giving to your mom and prayers to her for healing. Elaine

Fran said...

Sending lots of positive vibes and healing thoughts your way. My daughter battled c-diff for years, I pray that it stays away from your mom. --Fran

GardenOfDaisies said...

Saying a prayer for your Mom. And you, too. Hugs.