Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

My very first online "gripe"


Hello lovely people,

I'm taking this short post before the exciting "Where Bloggers Create" to do my very first "gripe" post.  I love, love, love to visit my blog friends, but I have to mention something that is a setback for me when visiting........WORD VERIFICATION!  I can't stand that stuff and I usually will not leave a comment on blogs where I have to do that.  I'm 52 years old with horrible eyesight and even with my "tri-focals" I find it very difficult to see some of the letters and numbers.  I have my comments set to "always" moderate, which means that a comment will not be published unless I approve it.  In this respect, I can weed out the anonymous, or "robot" comments without hindering those who wish to leave comments.  If you wish to do the same you can go first to the settings on your blog, then go to Posts/comments and choose "always" under comment moderation.  Then choose "no" where it has "Show Word Verify" and then make sure to save your settings.

This is just a suggestion from one blogger to another and I consider all my followers, as well as those I follow, to be dear friends and I really, really do like to leave comments.  I'm asking as a friend, and I hope I have not offended anyone.

Thank you for listening, and thank you from the bottom of my heart for following along with my journey.

God Bless,
Meri

15 comments:

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

I hear ya, girlfriend! ♥

Jill said...

I dislike the word verification with a passion - sometimes it's not so bad but other times, it's so faint, I don't like it at all!!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Amen and scootch over so I can stand on the soapbox with you.

It is not necessary at all! If you are unsure how to turn it off then merely google "How to turn off word verification". There are tons of tutorials.

Donna said...

I just took my word verification off yesterday ! I sent you an email a while back about the crocheted flowers before they go on etsy...I wanted you to have first dibs since you were interested . Let me know
Be well
Donna

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I hear you....I usually will not leave a comment either!!

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

I hate it! I don't use it! and it stops me from commenting on other blog! Right with you Meri.

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Here, here! I seem to have just as much trouble with the numbers as the letters, as they are light and fuzzy. I think some bloggers don't even realize that have it on, I didn't when I was new to blogging. It's exasperating when I see it...reading glasses and all, LOL!

Patti said...

Yep, I don't like word verify either. So far I try to leave comments, but it takes so much time! It would be easier to just forget it. I haven't given myself permission to do that. Sometimes I have to try 3 or 4 times before I can read it!

vivian said...

they drive me nuts too meri. sometimes I only want to make a super quick comment and it takes me way longer to word verify then to write the comment! Im wit ya sista!
xoxo

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I hate it when they have WORD VERIFICATION and COMMENT MODERATION!!! Really?!?!?!?!?!?

HollyC said...

Oh Meri! I had to laugh out loud when I read your post. I thought that I was the only one who had trouble reading that stuff. And forget the vocalization version, that voice is so warbly I can't understand it either. Sometimes I will play it for the kids and get them to try and guess what the numbers and letters are :) they get a real kick out of that! And by the way I absolutely love the back to school graphics you posted and can't wait to use them! Have a wonderful night, Holly

CoriLynn said...

Hear hear!!! I HATE word verification! I am blind as a bat, but I swear that even if my eyesight was perfect, I'd still have issues with those things!!
~xoxo, CoriLynn

D. Jean Quarles said...

Thank you! I, too, am frustrated by them. Ugh.

chris mckinley said...

I agree!!! Can't wait to see your craft room!

Laura Adams said...

Hi I just read this post... thanks for the information..I didn't realize L had a choice! Great instructions..