Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Where Bloggers Create 2013


Welcome!


Hello all,

This is my first time doing this Blog Hop for "Where Bloggers Create" and I'm so excited to be doing this.  Please come in and check out my studio and let me know what you think.

Please click on collage images for a closer look

This is part of my front entry.  Under an antique window
frame I keep my little shelf unit with my vintage salt &
pepper shakers and some miscellaneous toys.  On the
Ethan Allen dry sink I keep some of my altered art
projects and a basket of vintage baby toys.
Vintage baby toys

On the other wall of my entry I have some items that have
been made and given to me by family.  My mom wove the
pine needle basket (upper right), my youngest sister
combed, carded, spun and wove the woolen bag (center
right), and my oldest sister crochet the little yellow bag
that's holding a bar of soap (lower right).

This is a view you'll see when you first come into my studio.
This is an assortment of images of my 1948 metal doll house.

I love old wooden boxes and here's a couple that hold
crafting supplies and ephemera for me.  The smaller one
was found at a thrift store and I decoupaged the top.  It
holds various metal and wood embellishments.  The larger
one was found in an antique store and is an old "seed"
package display.  I use it to store paper ephemera.

This is my collection of "friendship" banners that have been
collected over the years in trades with some of my blogging
friends.

This is just a small portion of a much larger collection of
vintage Christmas decor that will be used in my upcoming
holiday event/class in November.

A lot of my followers follow me because I post free vintage
graphics quite often.  These are images of my "Graphic
Command Center."  It gives you a small idea of the millions
of graphics I have on my one terabyte hard drive.

These are various shots around the studio showing my
vintage garden cart, my small collection of vintage children's
books (I'm saving for grandchildren, that I'm still waiting
for), my printer table and a jar holding various vintage
china figurines that I use in my shadowboxes.

This is an example of some of my "storage" arrays.  My
vintage jewelry chest holds the makings for altered jewelry,
and baubles to use in my crafting.  The red "utensil" tray
holds my everyday crafting tools such as knives, wire
cutters, glues, etc.  I also have a small collection of antique
glass bottles mixed with some newer ones.

Some of you might recognize this cabinet from my "Holiday
Craft Space" tour which I have a link for in my right sidebar.
This cabinet holds all of my paints, acrylic, enamel, metal and
sealers as well as texture modifiers like crackle mediums.

This is how my scrapbook paper and other crafting paper
is stored......in hanging files and sorted by color, as well as
theme.  My alpha stickers, embellishments, chipboard and
miscellaneous stickers are stored here, too.

This awesome little drawer unit from Ikea stores some of my
wooden block stamps, stickles glitter glue, punches and other
miscellaneous goodies.

This is one of three storage racks holding my collection of
ribbons for crafting use, again sorted by color.  In the small
jars are vintage plastic cupcake/cake toppers, candle holders,
party decor that I use in my altered art.  I'm also showing off
my little red and yellow "wind-up" mechanical bird which is
a vintage toy from the 50's.  I bought it at a local event held
every month in Phoenix called "Sweet Salvage."

Here are the other two racks of ribbons I collect for use in
crafting.  Everything I have is available for my students
and even my crafting buddies to use when we get together
on a weekly basis (every Saturday).

This blue cabinet is my shipping supply storage, but also
displays my antique doll cabinet and a small array of vintage
dolls in rubber, celluloid, etc.

I got this chest of drawers at a local antique mall in Chandler
called "Chandler Merchants Square."  I store lots of mis-
cellaneous supplies like glue sticks and yes, I collect various
plastic packaging as you never know when you can use them
as "windows" when crafting ATC's or other altered art.

I hope you enjoyed this small tour.  I have much, much more, but I refuse to show the mess....LOL

Click here for a tour of the studio during the holidays, and you can see some of the other parts of my studio where I create my paperclay sculptures or do my sewing.

Thank you so much for stopping by and please visit all the other wonderful blogs participating in this event.  Thank you Karen Valentine, for hosting this lovely activity.

Hugs,
Meri



40 comments:

Marlynne said...

Oh My Meri! I "oohed and ah'ed"all over your Studio1 We have a lot of similar interests except your neater than I am!

Sandy McClay said...

Awesome photos! I have been here many many times and I saw items I have never noticed! Boy, I have given you a lot of storage...lol

Come this fall, we need to go to Sweet Salvage together...:)

Beautiful job Meri!

:)

Patti said...

Oh Meri, everything is so magical! Just like you! It's so much fun to look at your pictures and imagine being there. Creativity abounds! Did you take over your living room for your studio?

vintage grey said...

Wow, such an awesome and sweet studio you have!!! And, all your treasures! Oh my I could spend days looking at all those goodies!! Thanks for sharing your creative space!! Happy weekend to you! xo Heather

Blessed Serendipity said...

Meri I loved touring your special space where you create your cute creations. Love your sweet dolls and collections too.

xo Danielle

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

WOW, your studio is HUGE! and AWESOME! Love the old pieces that you use for storage! I hope one of these days to visit you and have a craft day with you and Sandy!
Loved the tour!
Warmly,
deb

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

I love your colorful, large space, Meri! I also spied a rag ball garland! :) thanks for the tour! ♥

Lutka And Co. said...

Thank you for the tour! Everything you have in your studio is delightful!

vivian said...

LOVE your craft room.. Its so big and full of cheerfulness! Im with Deb.. one of these days I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and come visit!
have a great weekend
xoxo

Tamatha said...

Such a fun room! I love the dollhouse and that you are surrounded by so many favorite items.

Scrap for Joy said...

Wow Meri!! Talk about sensory overload!! Your room/studio/classroom is amazing! I can't believe for all the time I've been reading your blog I never saw it in all of it's majesty before. I so wish I could come and take some classes in that room. I can almost hear the laughter from here!
Thanks for the tour!
xoxo
Joyce

harriette said...

I just looked at your photos over and over again! You have the most wonderful space with the most wonderful collections! I want to come over! :) thanks for the fun tour

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love your home.period. :)

CoriLynn said...

All I can say is WOW! So perfect and pretty and ORGANIZED! Can I come over to play? ;)
You do so much to help and encourage others, I wanted to say thank you so very much! <3
~xoxo, CoriLynn

cathy @ ma vie trouvee said...

You have so many fun treasures to create with! I loved peeking into your studio… what a lovely space you have! Thanks for the tour. Cheers from Singapore!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm sorry our vacation didn't allow me to see your studio in person. I would have gladly gotten lost in there. You have such a lovely space for creating. I had so much pouring over every picture...especially the vintage toys and your dollhouse. You really have a wonderful studio. Thanks for sharing!

Beedeebabee said...

Meri, that's the sort of room you go into... and then start asking your family to just pass your meals under the door!! I'd definitely stay in there for days at a time. It's a wonderful, happy place!!! xoxo

Beansieleigh said...

Oh my goodness, what a BEAUTIFUL room you have here!! ALL of it, but I must say, what took my breath away most was your metal doll house, and various other dolls shown as well! I collect dolls of all sorts, and I have a metal doll house that once was my aunt's when she was just a young girl! We never did find the contents that belonged in it, but for just a couple pieces, so I've had to seek out my own for it. I really LOVED the little sewing machine you had in yours, and may have to look for one of those myself! After all, our dollies deserve THEIR creative spaces TOO, don't they?!!... Thanks so much for sharing, and I really enjoyed stopping by here today! ~tina

Barbara Mason said...

What a great room full of wonderful things...great collections...but my fave was that duck in one of the first photos!!!

Denise said...

What a wondrous place for You with all kinds of goodies.This blog is newer than the one I've been responding to? Sorry if You haven't been receiving My comments,but I think I have You on an older blog?Am I wrong?------Denise

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Meri, What an amazing space to create your gorgeous works of art. It is so huge and so well organized. I can see many happy hours there creating. So much inspiration among your treasures.

Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Oh your craft room looks wonderfully dreamy! So many goodies and treasures in there! So pretty! Happy weekend! xo Holly

Carmen said...

Meri, I've been enjoying your blog posts for a while now. I love the vintage images and creations you blog about. I love your vintage garden cart - so whimsical! Thanks for the tour! :-)

Romeo said...

What a kind and generous soul! To share your time and supplies with your friends and students!!! And such treasures to share!!! You should be pleased with how well organized everything is - although I know it took a lot of time to get it to that point and keep it that way, I have no doubt it makes life much easier when creating! Thank you so much for sharing your studio space!!! We enjoyed our visit!

"her" and Romeo

Createology said...

Thank you very much Miss Meri for letting me visit your wonderful studio. I am enchanted with your collections. The dolls really call to me. I can see your playroom would be a favorite of everyone's to gather and create joy. Happy Hearts are Creative Hearts...

StasaLynn said...

Well.... I just love your studio. My there are so many fun things to look at and which would truly inspire even someone who thought they could not create a darn thing! Thanks for sharing your space Meri. Where in Arizona? I am in Glendale!

Take care!

Sugar Lump Studios said...

Wow! what an awesome space you have! I love the work areas and all the treasures you have throughout! You have your supplies so well organized too!
thanks for sharing!

Nancy
www.sugarlumpstudios.com

Tabitha said...

Meri your room is MARVELOUS!!! love all the vintage fixtures...what a lovely display you have
hugs

Sandra Kaye said...

I love your storage units...they are awesome!!! I live in Scottsdale..will need to make a trip to chandler for the antique stores:):)thanks for sharing:)

Cbug Art said...

Lots of beautiful color and room to play. love all your vintage toys. thank you for sharing your space.

Chris

Theresa said...

You have such a large space and a lot of storage. That fabulous! Great space.

bobbie said...

I loved seeing all your yummy stash and pretties you've made ~ TFS!

"Create Beauty" said...

What inspiration surrounds you! A treat to see your treasures!

~ Violet

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Meri,
First off, Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments on my space!!
The first thing that caught my eye was the doll house!! I have a Victorian doll house that I had built for me when i was 50 y/o!! One is never too old, right???
Love all of your great organizational ideas!! And I love the size of your space!!

Thanks so much for the tour!!

Hugs,
Deb

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Hi Meri! Sorry it has taken me this long to get around to you. I'm gonna be at this all week! : ) Your creative space is fantastic! I love how big it is and how organized you are.

Karen Valentine said...

I feel so lucky to have been able to see it first hand and enjoy spending time with with you and the other ladies! Thank you so much for joining the party again this year Meri!! It wouldn't have been the same without you!!
xo,
Karen

Maureen said...

Wow! I love all the vintage goodies you have... upon closer look into your jar of ceramic animals, I spotted the very same deer and cat that I have!

Love, love, love all the old toys...and that vintage dollhouse brings back memories! Your space is huge; you must teach in there - what a wonderful space, thank you for sharing!

Nanna said...

what a beautiful space to create in!
Helen

Vicki Boster said...

Meri - Im sorry to be so late to the party -- but it seems that's just my life right now~~
Your craft room is an amazing treasure trove of unbelievable craft supplies and vintage treasures! Your Christmas decorations - your vintage doll house - omg --- its all just fabulous -- and your room looks so BIG -- I would die for a room that big! You have such an amazing assortment - you are definately a collector! Beautiful --

Vicki

Glenda said...

Oh my gosh. I love your "space" Such a lot of gorgeous treasures. Thank you for sharing.