Pages

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

The winner is.............



A sincere thank you to those brave souls that posted and/or promoted me on their facebook pages.  My winner for the two autumn leaves is:

Melanie

Melanie, thank you so much for taking the time to post about my auction, I really appreciate your support.

Folks, I have been so incredibly busy lately.  I'm in the process of tearing my house apart for cleaning and sorting out things, to sell or give away, as I most likely will be downsizing next year.  Depending on what happens with my mom in the next few months, will decide whether we move or not.  We need to scale way down as it will be just hubby and I by next May as our youngest will be graduating high school and off to college.  We are not getting any younger and our house is too large for just the two of us.  I don't know about the rest of you, but 2,700 square feet is just too much for me to clean, especially in my condition.  Not to mention that we're on 1/3 of an acre of land that never gets taken care of.  I'm exhausted just looking out the windows and seeing all the weeds, dirt and crap that makes up our backyard.

Now having said that, my mom will be undergoing yet another surgical procedure in the near future, called an ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography - radiography following injection of a radiopaque material into the papilla of Vater. This is done through a fiberoptic endoscope guided by use of fluoroscopy.).   This procedure will hopefully tell us what's going on with her bile duct, which has been bothering her for months now.  However, this is a tricky procedure and the risk of nicking her pancreas or intestines is high and could send her back in to the hospital.  Should it be needed, she might have to move back in with us, so we won't know for sure if we're moving until the first half of next year.  Since cleaning takes me so long, I'm doing the weeding out of unnecessary decor now.

I hope you understand that I won't be blogging as much, nor visiting, until after my event on the 9th of November.  Do not fear, I will be back with a vengeance and have all kinds of pictures to post.  I'll be having about 12 ladies for the party and so much cuteness to share.

Thank you, again, to all of you who keep my mom in your prayers, and I hope you know how much it means to me.  Please have a safe and fun Halloween ya'll.

Hugs,
Meri












9 comments:

MelanieMargaret said...

Meri! You have no idea how happy you've made me! I am so excited to display your awesome leaves...I'm having Thanksgiving at my house this year, and these leaves will be in a prominent place in my home! :)

So sorry to hear about your mom...I hope everything works out for her!

Debby said...

I love little girl witches. Aren't those tiny ones cute.
Good luck to your mother. I have had about every test possible on my digestive system but I haven't had that one. Hoping not to as well.
This is the good thing about blogging......we can wait as other things are more important.
I am cleaning, rearranging and throwing away as well. Not by want, my DIL is driving me crazy with me as a project. Hah. I do appreciate it.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Congrats to Melanie!!! And praying for your mama!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I will keep your Mom in my prayers, and you too my friend. I know it's a hard time for you...take care of yourself, too. And congrats to your winner! You always make the neatest things. Sweet hugs!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Sound like life is more than busy for you. Hope it all goes well with your mom...
hang in there!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Congrats to the winner! Sending thoughts and prayers and well wishes to your sweet mom. Hugs, xo Holly

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh purging. How well I know it. and how I hate it! It is hard to get rid of things.
I will see you soon, as long as things stay as they are! and I can't wait!

Susan Clayton said...

You'll be missed but in my thoughts and prayers - (your mom too) Angels to you!

retrorevival.biz said...

Sending prayers your way for your mother and your family, Meri:)

Just heard from Apronology (finally!) and they're going to publish a story/pictures of my gingham and roses (vintage bath towels) aprons. Thinking they'll be returning the actual aprons to me before too long and then I can send one to you:) I'll keep you posted.