Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Things are Putzin' along okay!


Hello wondrous people,

I have a few minutes to get a quick post out there, so here goes.  Things are progressing for the "Putzin' Around" event.  I've got all the supplies, and now I'm in the process of tearing my house apart cleaning and reorganizing.  I'm about 50% done, but it's taking me a looooooong time.  Thankfully, the appointments for my mom have slowed down this month, however, she's having possibly two out-patient procedures in the next few weeks.  The first one is on the 12th and it's called an EUS or endoscopic ultra sound, and will determine whether she has the second, more complicated one called ERCP which will again be endoscopic and explore her bile duct for obstructions or malfunctions.  We're hoping that after the first procedure we'll find that she doesn't need the second, as either of them can irritate the pancreas and cause further complications.

Okay, maybe this isn't gonna' be so short after all, anyhoo, here's some shots of the decor going up here:

Display opening right above TV

From the furthest left side

Left middle

Right middle

Furthest right side

Another opening with some Lefton Angels

My collection of vintage pine cone elves, and
other miscellany


More vintage goodness

Close up of some of the oldest ones

The "Gift" tree with my
collection of handmade
ornaments from last years
ornament swap.
The gifts are piling up in anticipation of the guests.  There's going to be about 13 of us and the gifts range in value from $8 up to $25.........maybe more, it all depends on what the recipient feels it's worth anyway.  I've made some of the gifts, but I guarantee there are no goofy gifts this year.

One last thing to show you.  I bought a Danbury Mint collectible doll at Goodwill a while back with the intention of fixing her up for Christmas.  This is what she looked like before:


And here she is after:

Look at that sweet face

She's holding a vintage "looking" Santa
compass that I've had for about 10 years

I had to make a new pattern for her as
she wasn't wearing a dress before


I think she turned out cute, and I like the way she's looking upwards like she's anticipating Santa to come any minute.  I might do more to her later, but for now I like her simplicity.

Thanks for stopping by.  If I get a chance to do another post before the party, I'll definitely do it.  I will be back for sure after the party with more images.

Have a safe and happy Halloween!

Hugs,
Meri




15 comments:

Shirley Hatfield said...

Your tree shaped knick knack shelf is to die for! Perfect for those elves...I'm going to need to be on the lookout for something like that for all my many little characters. Your house is looking like a vintage heaven! =D

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

It was so much fun to zoom-in and look at all of your little x-mas things! What a cute display. Everyone coming to your Putz get together is so lucky!
The doll turned out super cute too!
Hope you get a little rest in between all the cleaning and decorating!
Erica :)

Musings from Kim K. said...

I can't wait to get home from work and spend more time pouring over your blog post. What beautiful displays. Your vintage decor is absolutely fantastic for your party guests. Your little girl is just precious. Don't tell my husband, but I am officially ready to be done with Halloween. Now, I just need help putting it all away!

Nan said...

Hi Meri my talented friend! All those cute Christmas things you have are just so vintage and cute. I sure hope things work out for your dear Mom. Nan

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

Ooo, fun! I'm so excited about Christmas! ♥

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You have so many pretty things...elves and deers and vintage Christmas that I love! You're going to have such fun and your house will be beautiful! Have fun my friend!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Meri,
Your vintage Christmas collection is just AWESOME! So many sweet treasures!
I am so looking forward to seeing photos of the PUTZ event! I bet no one is going to be checking for dust bunnies! Too busy making houses!
Warmly,
deb

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving that doll!! So GORGEOUS!!!! And I love love love your decor!!!!!!

vintage grey said...

What beautiful vintage goodness and displays!! That doll is so sweet and I love her dress!! Have a Happy Halloween, too! xo Heather

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

The doll is so adorable. ADORABLE!
Your decorations are gorgeous and prayerfully I will get to see them in real! I am so looking forward to it!

Scrap for Joy said...

I can't wait to hear about your Putz class and see pictures! I love the transformation of the doll..she was kind of scary before but you've changed her into a sweet faced baby doll.
Your poor Mom has sure been through a lot! Hope things ease up for her soon.
xoxo
Joyce

Sandy McClay said...

Meri,

That little sweetie is so cute and it is the dress that makes her, that and holding her compass....and you are right she looks like she is waiting for Santa....just precious!

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Sweetie! I so hope everything goes well with your mom's first test so she doesn't need the next, and that everything turns out okay. She'll stay in my thoughts, Meri....As far as your beautifully decorated house goes, I'm so loving it all!!! I wish I was close so I could come join the fun. I know everyone will have a blast! Have a lovely rest of the weekend my sweet friend. xoxo

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

I can't wait to see this goodness in person!

Have a happy fall day my friend! Don't forget to enter my 1000th post celebration giveaways all week long.

Susan Clayton said...

The compass is perfect. You've done right by her, my friend. Angels to you.