Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

Putzin' Around Part One



Hello Wondrous people,

Well, it's been over a week since "Putzin' Around" and as much work as it was, for me, it was a magical time.  I love nothing better than being among creative and crafty folk.  I love watching the, sometimes, intense looks on faces hard at work creating.  Then comes the joyous looks of a finished project......I can just see the inner giggles and glee, not to mention pride at having made something so lovely.  They all turned out wonderful, and of course different, which always a treat.  We started at 9:00 a.m. and the last of those to leave was around 5:00 p.m.  I had my carpets cleaned a few days later and warned the cleaner that there might be about 10 pounds of glitter in the carpet........LOL.

I will try to have the photo's in some order, but after having gone through over 300 images, you'll understand if some look similar or out of order.  This first batch will be, of course, the beginning and up to the point where we broke for lunch and gifts.  In a couple of days, I'll post the second half.  Thank you for being so patient with me through this process, and by next week I shall be back to regular blogging.

Lots of goodies to choose from
More goodies
The gift area (aka family room)
Once everyone arrives, I go through instructions/suggestions
as well as introductions.
As you can see, I forgot to take off my apron, but my students
are rapt in their attention............;o)
Joanne working intently on her first house.
My neighbor Sandi, attending for the first time.
Laura and her amazingly talented daughter Alyssa hard at work.
One of the kits opened, but not assembled.
Sandi and Sandy, working hard.
Lots of giggles and laughter.
Even more goodies!
Gail painting the exterior.
There were lots of questions.
Conducting the symphony of artists........LOL
My lil sis Jen workin' on her Halloween house.
My mom wanted to oversee all the action.
Janice, another first time attendee, hard at work.
My neighbor Sandi's cute church.
CeeKay used her favorite color theme of creams and blacks.
Sharon painting a roof
Joanne and Janice are good friends, so they naturally
sat next to each other.
Laura and her daughter shopping from the supply tables.
Sandy deciding the best placement for snowflakes on her
adorable farmhouse.
CeeKay's look of satisfaction on how her house is
turning out.
More instructions, Loretta in red, always up for fun activities.
Crafting and shopping ongoing.
Even more suggestions.
Suggesting Gail head back to the goodie tables for more.
My dear friend Jenny Matlock stopped by for a minute
and brought me a lovely container of gladiolas.  She's been
having a heck of a time with her health lately, so if you all
can send a prayer out for her, it would be greatly
appreciated.
Everyone working hard.
I think my daughter Abby, the official photographer, got
bored.....whaddaya think?

That's it for today, I'll be back in a couple of days with the second half and the results of the crafter's hard work.

See you soon.
Hugs,
Meri





21 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I love all of the photos of these sweet ladies. And you look very cute in your apron conducting the symphony of artists! I'm just happy to think I had the wee tiniest part in the fun. We all wish we could be there learning how to be more 'crafty'. Enjoy your day sweet friend!

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

How fun to look at these photos. I really cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this. I even learned to make tiny trees this weekend so I could make a bunch more houses. Thank you so much Meri, you really are "The hostess with the mostest" You had every crafty thing there my little heart could have ever desired.

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

"Conducting the symphony of artists." :) You look cute in your apron! I'm glad you kept it on! ♥

Musings from Kim K. said...

It shows in all those fantastic pictures that your gang thoroughly enjoyed each other and their special projects. You look darling (and so thin) in your festive apron. Can't wait to see more pictures. I would have loved to attend this wonderful gathering in person.

Sandy McClay said...

How fun to see the photos! I LOVE your new look at Imagimeri's blog for Christmas!
When am I going to see you? :)

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Best day EVER!

donna said...

WOW! Looks like everyone had an awesome time. The goodies they had to pick from to buy are amazing. Thank you for sharing you wonderful day with friends.
Hugs
donna

Jill said...

It must have been fun!!!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

FUN
FUN
FUN!!! Can't wait to see the finished houses!
Warmly,
deb

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

How fun! Wouold have loved to have been putzing around with all of you. Thanks for sharing with us, looking forward to the next set of photos. I've never made a putz house, how sad :(

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loving the photos!!!! So fun!! And praying for your friend!

Blessed Serendipity said...

Your workshop sure reminded me of Santa's workshop and everyone working so hard on their Christmas goodies. The tables were loaded with wonderous supplies to choose from. I can't wait to see everybody's finished houses. I am sure everyone learned so much from you.

xo Danielle

Tammy's in Love said...

Oh Imagimeri Land looks so festive!!! I envy those lucky ladies that got to come and craft with you. So much fun to play as big girls creating magical little houses!

Createology said...

The energy of a room full of creative crafty folks is pure bliss. Your conducting and instructing must have been excellent. Lots of great projects. Creative Bliss Dear...

vintage grey said...

Wow, looks like such an amazing and fun time! Glad it went great and such sweetness was made!! xo Heather

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Oh how I wish I could have been there! It looks like it couldn't have been any better!
Erica :)

vivian said...

why do you have to live so far away? I have been wanting to make some of those little houses and I havent been able to find any small ones in the craft stores.
Looks like you girls had a great time. looking forward to part 2!
have a great week
xoxo
vivian

black sabeth said...

I had so much fun! Thank you for the invite!

retrorevival.biz said...

Oh my! Looks like you all had so much fun! And the creations all look amazing. Thanks for sharing:)

Wish You Were Here said...

Finally had a chance to pop over and see the pictures, Meri! They are wonderful - brought back memories of a very fun day! It's been a long time since I have been able to spend so many hours crafting without interruption! Thank you for the beautiful day! Hugs, Janice

Wish You Were Here said...

Oh, I forgot to ask... where did Abbie get those amazing shoes? I want a pair! :o) Hugs, Janice