Pages

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Dancing poodle and other news!


GIFSoup

I made it through the employee dinner and the cookie exchange............yipee!  There's still a lot of ham and sweet potato casserole, and now more cookies than I care to think about!  Everyone seemed to have a good time, even the kids had a great time coloring and playing with my vintage toys........yea!  I feel vindicated now, having bought all these vintage toys for my future grandchildren.  Fisher Price is still king of toys, as far as I'm concerned.  I wish I had gotten images to share of the little ones running around with the FP clown jalopy, the FP choo choo train, squeaky toys, Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head, etc.  I was pretty busy "hoovering" up all the candy and mopping all the spilled drinks and breaking up pillow fights in our bedroom, but I really enjoyed it.  One little boy was particularly smitten with a small stuffed Scooby Doo that talked and every time it said something, I told him he had to kiss Scooby.........and he did......it was so sweet to see.

While at Laura's on Sunday for the cookies exchange, a few of us have started concocting a two day crafting/sleepover event for February.  If anyone is interested, please email me with your interest and/or type of project you would like to make or see made.  We've already talked about creating our own bottle brush trees to then decorate a pretty box that can be used to either store candy or be given as a gift to someone else for Valentines day.  The ever lovely Jenny of "RedheadSadie" mentioned that she'd love to participate and help create vintage hairdo's for anyone who's interested and we can do all kinds of silly sleepover stuff.  Nothing is ever taken seriously here at ImagiMeri's Studio's when it comes to play time.

I'll be back next week with a tribute to my dear husband for his birthday.

Take time to treasure everyone you love in your life........everyone, and take a moment to help someone else this time of year.

Hugs N' Love,
Meri

8 comments:

Blessed Serendipity said...

What a cute dancing poodle! It sounds like you have been a very busy girl! Hope you are able to slow down a bit and enjoy yourself. Wishing you and your family a very blessed and happy Christmas.

xo Danielle

Musings from Kim K. said...

Congratulations on another successful event! I agree. Fisher price toys do RULE! Sounds like a wonderful event is planned for February too. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and special birthday blessings to your husband.

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

I love you!! And thanks for listening the other day ... I can't tell you how much I appreciate it!! Dinner on Sunday night was good .... and things are good with Mama! :)

Tammy's in Love said...

Oh what fun to party at your house! Hope you can slide on it to Christmas now with everything done...

Montanagirl said...

Cute dancing pup. Fisher Price are wonderful toys. Have a great day.

vintage grey said...

Glad everything went great! Sounds like it was fun!! Wishing you a Merry Christmas Meri! xo Heather

retrorevival.biz said...

Happy to hear everything went well and you had such a fun time:)

Jann Olson said...

Wow, does that ever sound fun! Girls gone wild kind of event. lol! Have a very Merry Chrismas!
hugs,
Jann