Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The real reason for the season


Hello awesome people,

I was going to post an entirely different post, all about my husband today.  Today is the love of my life's birthday.  I was going to borrow from my dear friend Laura of "Decor to Adore" and post a reason for every year of my husband's life, why he's so special to me.  Funny thing, though, when I sat down to post I noticed that I have new follower, and I wanted to go see what she's like.  I haven't met her, and I probably never will, but I want to.  I decided a long time ago after many painful life lessons, that I want to surround myself with positive thinking people.  People who care about the same things I do, injustice, acceptance, tolerance, honesty, etc., and I know I've been doing a really good job, because of all the amazing friends I have right now, both locally and online.  As much as I know my husband would love to see a post about how much I love him, I'm pretty darn sure he'll be just fine with this highlight of another in honor of him.  My husband is dealing with some of the darkest and ugliest sins us humans can do each other, in his job, and as much as I love him and want to protect him, he is doing a great service to mankind and that's all I can say about it.  He knows I'm proud of him and the work he's doing, and if all of you knew, you'd be proud, too.

So, having said all that..........here's a blog I'd like you all to visit if you get the chance and please read her post: http://justcoffeepleasestampsribbonspaper.blogspot.com/2013/12/my-thoughts-on-entire-duck-dynasty.html This is the real reason for this season, and in honor of my beloved husband.

I'm wishing each and everyone who reads this, the Merriest of Christmas's and lets try and make 2014 all about acceptance, tolerance, love and forgiveness.

God Bless,
Meri

14 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Merry Christmas!!! and Happy Birthday to your hubby!!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas! Birthday blessings to your hubby too. Can't wait to see what you have in store for 2014! You always inspire, Meri!

Denise said...

Merry Christmas to You and Your family.I wonder how it would be to grow up with Your birthday on Christmas Eve or Christmas.Please give Him good wishes from Us bloggers.I'm hoping Your husband finds relief from the turmoil caused by others on this blessed Eve and Christmas day.Hugs Denise

Jennifer Scull said...

I am so very sad to hear that your husband is going through a tough time right now. it breaks my heart to hear of the cruel and mean things that we humans do to one another. if we could only look through the eyes of another person and see life as they do, if only for one brief moment, it might change our perspective on things. know that I am praying for peace for the both of you.

you can't change other people, but you can change how you choose to respond to them and what power you give them in your lives.... put them where they belong.

I am so happy that we have happened upon one another in this great big bloggy world! thank you for the very kind shout out in your post. it means a lot!! :)

wishing you a very Merry Christmas! may 2014 overflow with blessings!
and happy happy birthday to your husband!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, Meri!
Your hubby sounds like he has some "job"...Happy Birthday to him.
Hoping the New Year brings us all Peace, Love, Joy and Happiness!
Warmly,
deb

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Merry Christmas, and a very happy birthday to your husband.
I am on my way over to meet your new friend.
blessings,
Penny

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Happy Birthday to your hubby! Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas!!! xo Holly

retrorevival.biz said...

Merry Christmas, sweet Meri! Hope the love you feel today carries with you throughout 2014:)

Perfectly Printed said...

Merry Christmas Meri!!!

Montanagirl said...

Happy Holidays to you and yours. We are visiting daughter and family in Alaska, and it's 37 degrees below zero this morning!

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Yes, as I said on my FB page the second most important commandment that Christ gave us was to love one another. No ifs, ands or buts. :)

Nan said...

The best to you Meri and I'm off to check out the blog you posted the link to.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Happy Belated Birthday to your hubs and Happy New Year!!!

Blessings,
Linda

Jenny's Heart said...

I hope your Christmas was Merry.
Happy New Year.
X's and O's
Jenny