Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014!


Happy New Year

Hello lovely bloggers,

My mom came down with the flu/bronchitis at Christmas and she was unable to feed herself or take her pills and became even worse.  I brought her home for the weekend, but it's turned into a week now.  Although she seems to have kicked the flu, it's in her chest now and the possibility of pneumonia is high.  She wants to return to her apartment, but I'm afraid she still isn't able to care for herself fully.  We'll be discussing this at length.  This is the reason I haven't blogged much lately, so again I ask for your patience while I'm caring for my mom.

ARTzona is rapidly approaching, as well (January 24th-27th), which is a three day arts and crafts-a-thon with artists from all over the world.  I hope to acquaint myself with more of the ladies attending and possibly try some different methods/mediums in order to expand my abilities even further.  When I was younger, I used to sketch and draw a lot more and sadly that's a skill I've let go by the wayside and it's very apparent when I try to do.

I hope to be trying new things this year, and hopefully introduce you all to some fun stuff, so I hope you stick around for the ride.

Hugs,
Meri

16 comments:

Montanagirl said...

Sorry to hear about your Mom. I hope she's feeling better soon. Husby and I came down with the same thing over Christmas (in Alaska). We were feeling pretty miserable all the way home on the flights and sitting in airports. Went to the Doc the first thing Tuesday morning and got anti-biotics. I hope that helps us kick it.

Perfectly Printed said...

Happy New Year!! Hoping your mom feels better soon.....and try and take care of yourself too!

vivian said...

I'll be here!
I hope your mom is better soon.
hoping 2014 is a good year for you and your family!!
Happy New Year
xoxo
vivian

Sandy McClay said...

Meri,
I talked with Lin and she told me about your Mom....I am so glad she has you!!!!!! We need to find some time once she is well so we can go do Christmas shopping! :):) Miss you!

Sandy

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Hope your mom feels better, Happy New Year, wishing you and your family a good year! :) xo Holly

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm keeping your mom in my prayers. I hope she gets better soon. Happy New year my friend! Here's hoping this will be our best year ever! Sweet hugs, Diane

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Sorry to hear about your mom! I hope she is 100% soon! Happy New Year!!!

agravette said...

I'm so sorry your Mom has been sick...I'm praying for her and for you too as you care for her...I love your blog and I adore seeing all the gorgeous things you create and share!

Diana Evans said...

So sorry to hear about your Mom!!! Wishing you all a Healthy, Happy and very creative New Year 2014!!!

PixieVintage said...

I am hoping that your Mom will get better very quickly. Happy New Year to you and your family!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Hang in there with the Mom thing and hope she is feeling better soon. Happy 2014 and hope it is stellar!

Tammy's in Love said...

Merry Meri! I am sorry to hear about your Mama; it's so hard on both of you...Hugs and prayers that 2014 is a wonderful new year and new adventures for you. Will be anxious to hear about Art-Zona! You'll be inspired and share it with all of us...everybody wins!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Sorry about your mom....prayers that you will know what to do!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I really hope 2014 is an easier year for you, Meri. I'm so sorry to hear the latest health concerns about your Mom. I hope she's feeling better soon. Hugs!!

Marlynne said...

Hope your Mother is soon on her own again and you'll be enjoying your crafting. I'll be interested to see what you learn on your upcoming craft extravaganza!

NanE said...

Hope your Mom feels better soon! ARTzona sounds amazing, have fun!