Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2014

Long time no post................where did the time go?

Hello all,

Wow, I think this is the longest I've gone without blogging since I started back in 2007.  Well, I have lots of reasons why, but I won't be able to get it all in this post, so there will be some more soon.  At the end of this free graphic post are images from the Valentine swap I participated in with Janelle from the "Sweet Bee Cottage."  Our host was my good friend Sandy of "521 Lakestreet," and unfortunately Janelle had some family issues that delayed my delivery in time for Valentines Day.  I then got sidetracked with many activities and some family issues of our own.  So anyhoo, after you scroll through the graphics, please take a moment to see what Janelle sent me.  Thank you Sandy for hosting the swap, and thank you Janelle for all the goodies......I got pretty spoiled.

In other news, we had a scare with my newly pregnant daughter yesterday.  She had an emergency appendectomy at the delicate stage of 13 weeks.  She had been up the night before with cramping and vomiting and knew it was either the flue or something other than pregnancy issues.  With her awesome hubby by her side, we rode the emotional roller coaster of getting my baby taken care of while worrying about dangers to her baby.

I know many of you out there have experienced similar situations, and very sadly worse.  My prayers continue to go out to you who suffered loss.  My heart was in my stomach all day yesterday, and my daughter was so brave.

Many things have been happening lately, some very emotional and others just exhausting.  I'll try to let you into the exciting art adventures I've been participating in soon, as well as updates on more.  Until then, God Bless you all.

Big Hugs,
Meri



































Cute little extras to craft with

Lot's of ribbons and lace

Adorable honeycomb heart

Janelle decorated a sweet round box to store everything in.
There were also chocolates, but we all know that those are
the first items to be opened and disappear.


16 comments:

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Ah, so now I know why you have been on my mind and heart so often lately. Glad she came through.

Denise said...

So scary for the family.Hope all is well with Mom and baby now.Thank You for the cute graphics.I always love lambs at Easter.May blessings continue for You and Yours-Denise

Musings from Kim K. said...

Continued prayers to your daughter. How scary. I'm sure you have been super busy with family obligations. No excuses needed. Just know your blogging friends are always here for you. Thank you for the wonderful Easter graphics. Another snow storm is brewing outside. I will escape with my spring crafts and dream of warmer weather.

Unknown said...

You were missed, too! I'm glad life is taking a better turn for you. And happy your sweet babies are doing better, too! Thank you so much for the darling images. I love them! Adorable!

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Oh,Meri....that would be just a little "scary" for your daughter. Thankful God took care of her and the baby!!!
Awesome Easter images! Thank you!
Take care!
Warmly,
deb

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That is very scary. I'll keep her in my prayers, my friend! Sweet hugs, Diane

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So glad your daughter is ok!

Short and Sweet said...

Meri,I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's appendectomy and I'll offer prayers for her speedy recovery. This will all be forgotten when you all are holding your precious grandchild in your arms.
Thanks so much for the Easter graphics...you are so thoughtful.
Loretta

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

So scary, thoughts and prayers. Such sweet and adorable Easter images, thank you so much for sharing all of them!! :) Blessings to you and your family xo Holly

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Sending prayers and positive thoughts for your daughter. Even at this time you were so kind and generous to share the wonderful graphics! Thanks so much.

Sweet swap items from Janelle. It was really a fun swap!

Beedeebabee said...

Thank goodness your daughter and the baby are okay. How scary. I hope she's feeling much better real soon, and I hope things settle down around your way quickly, Meri. Keeping you in my thoughts sweet girl. xoxo

Weekend-Windup said...

All your images are good. Hand made crafts looks fine...

Laura Adams said...

Sending prayers your way <3

Shirley Hatfield said...

So sorry for your troubles...as the Irish would say! You and your family have all my good thoughts and prayers...I think of you often and have spoken of you to my family how you are one of the truly good people in this world. Bless you, sweetie!

Jenny said...

Oh Meri. I'm glad to read that all is well now.

Sending a hug and a prayer to you, Grandma, and a special wish that everything smooths out a bit for all of you!

Hugs and love

vivian said...

Meri, I missed this post. I'm so glad your daughter and baby are ok! how super scary that must have been!
Hopefully all is well now.
xoxo
vivian