Pages

Sunday, March 23, 2014

New spring/Easter images and other news!


Hello fellow bloggers,

Again I find myself so busy I hardly have time to blog, but here goes.  Thank you for all your prayers and warm wishes for my daughter and her baby.  They are doing fine right now and we're just enjoying the process.  I will keep you up to date with her progress and all the goings on.  I've also been busy catching up on the lessons for "LifeBook 2014" which I'm participating in.  I'm very excited to learn new techniques and mediums and I believe my art can only grow from this experience.  Here's some of my finished weekly lessons:

Week 2, working with acrylics and markers

Week 4, a collage celebrating items that
are important to us.
Week 5, called Sugar, Sugar.  We used a lot
of layering of paints, washi tapes, and creating
characters with the theme of cotton candy
and tasty treats.  Mine is called "Friends"
we go together like cake and ice cream.
This is week 9 where we started with a collage
and then did a paint-over.  This is how my
collage started.
After painting over the collage I created an
image of myself holding my future grandchild.
No I don't have red hair, but I wish I did.
This is week 7 and we were to create a "Pop-up"
about the top three strengths we feel we have.
When opened my "Pop-up" shows that I believe my three
greatest strengths are; I'm giving, super silly and big
hearted.
This is week 12.  A 3D collage celebrating
connections in our lives.  I didn't have any
good images of myself, so I used a face
from my "Dover" book of women.
We used a lot of gesso, spray inks, and
tons of embellishments to create the
dimensional look.
I received the clay heart in the middle
of the heart frame, from an artist at
ARTzona.  I thought it was perfect
for using in this piece.

And now to a whole new slew of Easter/Spring graphics just for you.  I've been working hard to clean up more of the millions of graphics I have so that you have new items to craft with.  Please drop me a line and let me know what you use them for.


































I hope you enjoyed this post and I will be back with some more exciting things going on here at "ImagiMeri's Creations."  Till then, please know that I am still visiting all of you and leaving comments when I can.

Big Hugs,
Meri

17 comments:

Laura Adams said...

Hi Meri!
I'm glad to hear all is going well. It looks like you've been having a lot of fun! I love the popup card with the three greatest strengths...such a positive creation :)! Also thank you for all your lovely images :)

Dorothy Crutchfield said...

Hi there Meri,
I love your artwork, especially the one called "Friends"!
Glad everyone is doing well, and thank you for taking the time to share,
hugs,
Dorothy and Ms.Wilma

Short and Sweet said...

Your artwork is stupendous! I really enjoyed your journey from the first week til now. I'll probably use some of your graphics for cloches. Just love what you do.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

hello my talented friend....your creations are amazing!! Take care!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm always in awe when I see your amazing artwork. I'm glad you are having fun creating. Thank you (as always) for supplying us with fabulous holiday images. HUGS!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Your pages are amazing!! WOW WOW WOW!!!!!!

vintage grey said...

Awesome artwork you have been creating! Look like you have been having fun creating it all!! Thanks for the sweet images! Happy Spring! xo Heather

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

Such neat and beautiful artwork!! Looks like fun to create them! Thanks so much for all these sweet graphics!! Glad to hear everyone is doing well! :) Happy sweet week to you! xo Holly

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Hi Meri,
Your creations here are amazing!!! You're turning into a real pro!
I was sad to hear about your recent scare with your daughter. I had a close friend who had her appendix out early in her pregnancy and everything ended up just fine with the baby. : )
Prayers and well-wishes,
ML

Short and Sweet said...

I sent you an email...did you see it?

Sandy McClay said...

Hey you!
I told Wayne just yesterday that I haven't seen you or spoke to you in way too long! Bailey is a girl...and I thought you did meet her already....OK....you need to come here and be properly introduced!
Call me.....Wayne's Dad died Sunday, after a long hard fought battle....:(

710southmain said...

First of all, congratulations on your new grandchild. Secondly, I really enjoyed seeing your new artwork. You have an amazing talent! Thirdly, thank you for sharing the spring/Easter images.

donna said...

I am so happy to hear your daughter and her baby are doing ok. You are so talented my dear and so generous.
Thank you so much for sharing your graphics.
Hugs
donna

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Oh what a lovely visual treat you have blessed me with. It all looks fantastic.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Meri- These images are some of the best yet! Thank you, Thank you! And your art!! Oh my gosh, you are so good! I've really been trying to get back to my art table when I feel up to it. I went and bought a bunch of new supplies to get me motivated. I'm LOVING my Gelatos right now! I think I need every single color! lol
Great Job! Erica :)

Beedeebabee said...

Hey Sweetie! Wow, you've been busy! I so enjoyed pouring over all those photos of what you've been working on. So many wonderful techniques and you've done it all so beautifully. That's going to be such a special book when it's finished. I'm so happy to hear your daughter and baby are doing ok. That must have been real scary. Thank you for all of these adorable graphics. :) Happy creating sweetie! Hugs, to you always, Meri. xoxo

Cynthia said...

Thank you for the sweet vintage images!