Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

It's going to be a boy!!!!!!!!!!!


Hello All,

Well, we heard last Thursday..........it's going to be a boy!  I'm so excited, I don't care what gender, but a boy is going to be such fun.  I've already made a "blankie" out of really soft fabrics that he can cuddle up in when grandma is reading him stories.  I've also been collecting said stories for years, but have now focused on "boy" stories.  Here's the blankie I made, it's soooooo soft and cuddly:



Now comes the preparation for the baby shower.  It's going to be June 7th, and I'm going to keep the theme a surprise a little while longer, but I will definitely share more as the time comes closer.

As I mentioned, I had a wonderful artist come stay with me last weekend.  Ruth Morris, of "The world of Ruth Morris" on Facebook, spent Friday afternoon, till Sunday afternoon playing and crafting with me.  There were lots of laughs, giggles and many OMGosh moments.  She and my husband got along famously and we both miss her already.  I'm sorry I didn't get any images of us in action, as I was too preoccupied with just idolizing her talent.

This is the cover of the ART DOLL Quarterly edition, 2009, that highlighted Ruth's "Quaro" dolls.  She brought me some Quaro bird heads she had made for me as well as a couple other surprises.

These are Ruth's "Quaro" birds on the cover
These are some heads she made for me
This is my version of the "Quaro" bird




I really enjoyed working on this, and it has inspired me on to other things which I hope to get into soon.  Now last year I showed you a wicked silly zombie mermaid that she had made at ARTzona 2013.  I was so enamored of it, she kindly made me one while she was here.




Ruth's illustrative abilities are out of this world.  I just sat and
gawked at her prowess while she made this........I'm a very
happy camper now that I have my very own zombie mermaid.
She left me with yet another gift before leaving.  Another one of her native Indian inspired dolls.  She graciously gave myself and three others, a mini-class on how to make these dolls.  I am very blessed.

I now am the proud owner
of two of her dolls.
Her use of fabrics and fibers is
amazing, not to mention her color
combinations....just stunning.

That's it for now.  I shall return soon.

Big Hugs,
Meri



13 comments:

chris mckinley said...

Congratulations!!! As I'm sure you'll hear from all the other Nanas and Grandmas in blog land it's the best having grandchildren!!! Your blanket is lovely!!

Pam~ Virginia Retro said...

Congrats on the baby news. Wow, Ruth is one talented lady. How great you got to create together.

I've been using some of the Easter graphics you posted on your blog for us, so thank you again for that! :) Pam

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Ahh...you will certainly love that little one up in the cozy blanket you made!
Easter Blessings!
warmly,
deb

vivian said...

Woohoo!!! So excited for you! Little boys are so sweet. You're going to be in heaven. And I'm glad you had fun with your company too. I wish I lived closer to you and that I liked to travel. I would lve to come craft with you! Happy Easter my friend!
Xoxo
Vivian

Musings from Kim K. said...

How exciting!! Congratulations on future cuddles with your grandson. Ruth is one talented lady. The two of you together must have been magical.

Tammy's in Love said...

A BOY! I love them all but there is just something so magic about the first one. My boy is 7 and still an adorable cute little lover. Next Friday is "Grand Day" at school and he's taking me for sharing! LOVE! Congrats!

vintage grey said...

Awesome! Congratulations!! Darling blanket you made!!! Easter blessings! xo Heather

Short and Sweet said...

Congratulations Meri~~~a baby boy to love! Happy Easter to you and your family.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

A baby boy...how wonderful! I'm so happy for your family! Enjoy your week my friend! Sweet hugs, Diane

Beedeebabee said...

Congratulations Meri! Bet you can't wait to wrap him up in that cuddly blanket you just finished!...What fantastic art from Ruth and you too! The meeting of two very creative minds! xoxo

LBP said...

Congratulations! I have a special place in my heart for boys!

Happy Easter

Linda

Laura Adams said...

Congratulations!!!!
Grandbabies are so..much fun!!!I love the baby blanket so sweet..I can't wait to see him...babies make the cutest faces :)
(((HUGS)))
Laura

Terra said...

How fun to have such a talented and simpatico visitor; the dolls in the last photos are wonderful.