Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

Once again..........Mom is the focus


Hello Friends,

Once again my mom is the focus.  Last Sunday I had her over to sift through some of her boxes that are now stored in my garage.  This is the final look and sift before we have an estate sale.  We've managed to get through around 15 container/boxes and whittle them down to 7 so far.  Anyhoo, early Monday morning, around 12:30 a.m. she got up to use the restroom and blacked out.  She fell straight back, landing on her severely arthritic hump (osteoporosis laden) and also banged her head.  Luckily she fell only inches from her call cord and was able to summon help relatively quickly.  I was awakened at 1:15 in the morning and rushed to meet her at the hospital.  Miraculously she didn't break anything.....praise God.  However, she did get pretty banged up internally and after 18 hours in the ER she is now comfortable in rehab.  They are slowly but surely getting her back up to speed, but it is really slow going as she hurts terribly.  Those of you who have experienced rehab know that this is a frustrating situation and the center she is in is incredibly busy, so knowing that staff changes with the wind it's hard to keep everyone up to speed on her condition.  Because of this, there is a lot of confusion, many missed pain meds and or no answer to a help button being pushed.  Once again, I ask for your prayers for a speedy recovery for my mom.  I've been caring for my mom since May of 2010 and although I am very honored and blessed to be available for her, it is non the less, very stressful.

Here are some more graphics for ya'll and I hope you are all having a lovely spring.  It is gorgeous here in the deserts of Arizona.

Hugs,
Meri


































20 comments:

LBP said...

Oh no! You and your mom will definitely be in my prayers. I am taking care of my MIL with dementia and know how hard life can be in rehab.

Thanks for the beautiful images!

Blessings

Linda

Debby said...

So sorry about your mother. I can certainly relate. Mine has had 12 surgeries in 7 years. So many I may have miscounted.
What does it do to the hum when you fall on it. My mother in law has a bad one as well. When my mom severely broke her leg.....clear break all the way across, when she went to rehab, she didn't get her pain education for 24 hours. Makes you think about getting some before they ever transfer them. Good luck with the rehab and her feeling better. Take care of yourself.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Oh Meri ...and your Mom are going thru so much! May God quickly heal your Mom and give you the peace and comfort that you need.
Very sweet images, as always!
warmly,
deb

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

So sorry about your mom, keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers. Such beautiful images!! Thank you! xo Holly

Short and Sweet said...

Sweet Meri, I can totally understand your plight. My dad passed away in 1999 so my mom lived with us from 1999 to 2010 when she passed away 20 days short of her 96th birthday. She was in rehab once for a broken hip so I know what you mean. I always wanted my mom home with me because I made sure she got her meds on time, but it can take a toll.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I know how hard it can be my friend. I'll keep you both in my prayers. Have a good weekend and I hope she is much better soon! Sweet hugs, Diane

Tammy's in Love said...

A year ago we were hanging out and having fun...I hope that my daughters are half as devoted to me as you are to your mom. You are an inspiration.

Miss you,
Tammy

Createology said...

Prayers and Healing Energy for your mom and you. Blessings for you being able to care for your mom. Life is precious and we must cherish every moment we have. Hugs...

Sandy McClay said...

Oh Meri,
Lin told me about this...I am so sorry....we had a bit of craziness ourselves yesterday, I swallowed something wrong and it went into my lungs and I couldn't breathe! Wayne called 911 and they came...I got a hold of it eventually, but I really thought I was going to die....:(

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

So sorry to hear this ... sending prayers!!

Jane said...

Oh, dear! Prayers for speedy recovery for your dear mother and for you too! Thank you for the beautiful images you so generously share!

vivian said...

Meri, so sorry your mom is having trouble again.. thats so sad for her. she is lucky to have you nearby though.
I hope you have a nice weekend.
xoxo
vivian

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm sorry to read about your mom. You and your mom will definitely be in my prayers. HUGS!!

chris mckinley said...

Thinking of your family, especially you and your mom!

Lutka And Co. said...

I hope your mom is feeling better and has a speedy recovery. And take good care of yourself too! Sending prayers your way!

Lee Ratliff said...

i found your website the other day and after reading a handful of posts thought i would say thank you for all the great content keep it coming i will try to stop by here more often to get new information visit here you can get the next event s idea with a great arrangement from a site it can be followed with a full satisfication a href http www reasonablegifts com women gift baskets a women gift baskets

Lynn Stevens said...

Your poor mom, she has had just a terrible time, Shes so lucky to have you to care for her.
Have fun at the Estate sale, Wish I was closer.
Hugs Lynn

donna said...

I am so sorry to hear that your mom feel. Y'all will be in my prayers my dear. I send you and your mom the best.
Hugs
donna

Blessed Serendipity said...

So sorry to hear about your mom Meri. Hope she gets better real soon. Saying prayers for you both. Such cute images.

xo Danielle

Dian Ardi said...

Great post i must say and thanks for the information. Post that you share this very nice, a lot of new things that I get from your post. ( Obat Retinopati Diabetes Herbal )
I appreciate your post and look forward to more. Obat Batu Kandung Kemih Herbal