Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Things I've been up to......besides mom


Hello There,

Just stoppin in to let you know all is well, and thank you all very much for your prayers for my mom......they're working!  She's doing much better and should be walking again soon.  I tell ya, she's one indestructible lady!

CLICK on images for closer look

I thought I'd let you in on some of the going's on lately.  First up, I have to show you the amazing gifts I received from Paulette of "Beedeebabee."  She's such an amazing talent and she kindly gifted me with two of her specialties......hearts. Paulette dear, I cannot thank you enough, they are precious and will be treasured for many a year.
This is one I received from her (it's stunning) and I was able to
wear it to the open viewing of the newest Mormon Temple
here in Gilbert, AZ.  Needless to say, I received many
compliments on it.
This is one I asked her to make for my mom since her favorite
color is purple, again stunning workmanship.
Another good friend of mine, Jenny Kuller of "Redhead Sadie" was in need of a special business card holder.  What better than a "mini-me" to hold her business cards, so I created this for her.  She stands almost 2 feet high and is wearing mid-century appropriate bra and girdle, as Jenny sells vintage clothing.  Jenny will be able to create clothing for her mini-me and she'll be turned out in fashion for Jenny's shows. 

Next up.......my youngest sister, also named Jenny, had her birthday recently.  I asked her if she wanted any of my sculptures (oddly enough I don't give them away to my family) and she asked if I could make one of her favorite pet (out of the 15 or so that they have) and so here's Michie:

Michie is a Chihuahua.  I have to say, this one turned
out so darn cute, it almost didn't leave our house.



My hubby, myself and our youngest daughter all fell in love
with this sculpt and didn't want it to leave.
Recently, hubby and I finally got to spend some time together.  On a lovely Saturday we decided to head into Phoenix and hit the thrift and antique stores.  The following are some of the goodies I made off with.

You'll definitely want to click to enlarge these images, just to check out the details.

A bag full of eyelet samples that just take my breath away
in their beauty.  I don't know what I'll do with these yet,
probably just stare at them for a while.
I found some lovely handmade tatting and other laces, too.
I'm collecting items because my oldest daughter, who is
pregnant with my first grandchild, has asked me to make
a blessing gown.
This is a funny game I found, from 1903.
It's pretty much a complete game, but the
box was deconstructed.  This is an image
of the top of the box.
Some of the playing cards.......those graphics are just amazing.


I did not get the complete 1950's pinball
game, I only got the off white top part.
It was electrical, and no longer works, but
hubby and I are going to see if we can
revive it.  It has a wheel you can turn
to check your strength and a bell.
I fell in love with the graphics.
Last, but not least, I will be published again..........yay!  This card will be published in the "Somerset Studio Gallery" coming out June 1st.  Look it up when it's available..........;o)


That's it for now, I'll be back again with my visit this weekend by a lovely artist named Ruth Morris.  She's coming to stay with me for the weekend, and we'll be doing all kinds of crafty things.

Hugs,
Meri





9 comments:

retrorevival.biz said...

So happy to hear your mama's doing better, Meri! Love those beautifully crafted hearts ~ how sweet of her!

~Damita's Pretty Wrap~ said...

SO good to hear your mom is doing better! I just love those sweet hearts, they're so neat!! I'll have to go visit her!! :) Happy new week! xo Holly

Createology said...

Thankfully Mom is doing better. I love what Beedeebabee created for you. Her work is always perfection. Love your new/old treasures. Michie is just adorable. You have created so much personality into this sculpture. Congratulations on your card being published. Creative Bliss Dear...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love seeing what's new with you my friend and I was thrilled to see the pins that Paulette made. I had lost touch with her but now I've visited her thanks to you! Enjoy your week! Sweet hugs, Diane

donna said...

I am so happy to hear your mom is doing much better my dear. Oh how I love those hearts. Your card holder is so stinkin cute and the little dog geez girl you are one talented lady.
Hugs
donna

Musings from Kim K. said...

It's nice to see another blog entry. This means that your mom is on her way to recovery. Wonderful news! Such beautiful hearts and that sculpture is absolutely ADORABLE! I can see why your husband and daughter were smitten. How fun that you've been able to squeak in a little alone time with your husband for shopping and playing. Congratulations on your published piece. Enjoy your upcoming visitor! Take lots of pictures of your crafting time together!

Patti said...

We have lots of chihuahuas in my extended family, and each one is personality plus! You captured personality. That is for sure. You found some super cool stuff, and those pins! I have always admired them. Hugs for mama!

Beedeebabee said...

Hi Meri! I'm sooo happy to hear that your mom is doing better. What good news!... That little pooch sculpt you made is just too adorable! It never would have left my house, BUT a sister's house is never too far away! ;) I also really love the business card holder you made for Jenny. How great that she'll be able to dress her up too...like a really cool, custom bomb-shell-Barbie!! ... All of your vintage finds are wonderful. It's so much fun hunting for old treasures, isn't it?!...Congratulations on having your wonderful card published. That's so exciting!!! ... and thank you for all your sweet words, Meri. You're such a sweetie pie! Sending a great big hug your way. xo Paulette ♥

Laura Ingalls Gunn said...

Those little hearts are works of art!

So happy about boy joy!