Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Crossroads


Hello fellow bloggers,

I find myself at a crossroads in my life right now.  Many things are going on, many emotional as well as financial issues have sprung up.  My mom has been back at her apartment at the assisted living facility, since Easter, and is doing fairly well.  She has an in house therapist visit twice a week to help her with her balance and mobility, and she's doing well considering her condition.  For the past few years we've been talking with her about moving in with us, as we have plenty of room in our 2,700 sq. ft. home.  She's still wanting to maintain her independence, and so we've decided to honor that.........until things change, of course.

Our youngest will be graduating high school next week and starting her new life.  I'm hosting my older daughters baby shower on June 7th, and in the midst of all this, we've been hit by taxes that have snuck up on us from when my husband was out of a job a couple of years ago.

We have finally decided to put our house up for sale in the fall.  We will be spending the summer fixing up as much as we can, on our limited budget, and hopeful that we'll at least get our money back out of the house.  We don't have any idea where to go yet, but I have a feeling that will work itself out as we struggle through the fixing process in the Arizona heat.  At this point in our lives, we need to seriously scale things down.  I currently have my house all torn apart, with my studio decor covering every surface in my kitchen, breakfast nook and studio area for friends here in AZ to go through.  There is waaaaaaaaaay too much stuff for me to photograph and list online, so I'm trying to see if anyone local will take it off my hands.  I can't hold a garage sale as all of my mom's possessions are currently housed in my three car garage.

I'm trying desperately to clean up my lifestyle and I feel like both my hands and feet are tied.

Anyhoo, I am still participating in my "LifeBook 2014" lessons, and I thought I'd share a few of the most recent pieces I've done.

This lesson is called "Tree of Life"
I'm including representations of myself
in some pieces, and how I wish to have
red hair.  This little me is wearing red
high tops and swinging......trying to
have fun.
This lesson was hosted by the extremely
talented Dyan Reaveley, the creator of
"Dylusions" ink sprays.  It's dimensional, as
the flowers "pop" out.
This piece was called "Quirky
animals" and we were to capture
how we were feeling at that exact
moment in time.
This piece was to celebrate everything
we are grateful for.  I made a little kitty
girl......don't ask me why, she just
came to me while working on it.
This piece is a lesson called "face with
limited color" and I kind of enjoyed it.

As you've all probably concluded, I won't be blogging as much.  I've got a lot on my plate right now, and I need to concentrate on getting my life back on track.  I will be back with baby shower goings on, but it might be weeks in between posts.  I hope to be back to some regular posting by October or November, especially since I'll have a new grandchild to post about.  I miss this community, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your support over the years.  I will try very hard to look in all you all during all this, but I'm not going to be leaving lots of comments.

God Bless,
Meri

13 comments:

Denise said...

First, I want to say what beautiful artwork :) I love each and every one.So much talent! Meri,When My husband retired 8 years ago,We were in similar circumstances.It felt like there was no end to the questions We asked Ourselves.It was truly a new turning point in Our lives.We sold Our long time large home and went to Condo living four 4 years,then down sized even more and started renting. Yes,Were renting Our apart. "Coffeeberry Cottage" and been here 4 years.Were adjusted and happy.I know everything will work out and You will adjust :) Hugs Denise

Karla B said...

I hope things change as soon as possible for you. Life is a box of surprises my friend. Sometimes I think it is only hard in my corner of world but it is everywhere.I am going to keep you in my prayers.I also want to tell you your work is magical!Thanks for sharing such a beauty!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Hang in there and hope life works out the way you want. Always bumps here and there and you've got some bumps. Will be thinking of you..check in occasionally.

Miss Iowa said...

Sending positive vibes to you and your family, Meri. Change can be difficult, but it sounds like you're breaking it down into manageable steps which is smart. Good luck and for your own sake, I hope you keep journaling! Your pages are fab (and what a great way to relieve stress). :-)

Holly- Cutie Pie Cottage said...

For everything there is a season! I wish the best for you! ♥

Erica of Golden Egg Vintage said...

Hi Meri-
I've been missing around here lately, so I never got a chance to congratulate you on your grandbaby! What fun it will be to add a little boy to your family!
I'm sorry to hear that you're so stressed though. Isn't it always something??
I've been doing a lot of mixed media art lately. Boy does it help with stress! I put some relaxing music on, and paint away. I hope it does the same for you. Boy are you talented!
Hang it there, and keep reminding yourself that THINGS WILL BE OK. :)
Hugs- Erica

Marlynne said...

Slow down frequently and take a deep breath it doesn't all have to get done in a day! Blessings!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Please know that we will always be here. Take care of yourself in the midst of all your "bumps". Enjoy your upcoming festivities. A graduation and a new grand baby! So very very exciting! HUGS!!

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

Hi Meri!

I completely understand how sometimes we need to step back from blog land. I'm trying to get back into the groove and one of my first posts back is about the delightful Valentine's Day swap basket you sent to me. Thank you again for such a sweet swap and thanks for your patience as you waited for me to post about it.

Hugs,
Janelle

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Meri,
WOW, lots of major life changes for you and your family!!!
You certainly need time off! Take care of yourself...praying that all goes well!
xo,
deb

Patti said...

Your art is just wonderful, Meri. I do want to slow down and make some art again. It's been along time. You have a journey ahead of you, may it be good and more than you ever hoped for. Blessings! Patti.

Sue Dykes said...

i WOULD LOVE TO BUY ANY RIBBON, STRING, SEAM BINDING, YARN AND LACE YOU MAY HAVE PLEASE EMAIL ME. susie_dykes@hotmail.com

Laura Adams said...

Hi Meri!
I love ...love your art!!! You are a big inspiration to me..and I just want you to know that you are appreciated :) Life is unpredictable! I pray that everything works out for you and your family.