Pages

Friday, March 27, 2015

Spring is here..........but so is the heat!



Happy Easter and happy spring!

Hello ya'll,

It's been another few months since my last post.  As usual, a lot has happened.  My mom has had a lot of dental issues, again, and we've been busy getting her set up with new appliances so that she once again chew food.  After having another massive infection in February and two more teeth pulled, she was down to about 6 teeth left in her mouth.  She's enjoying, once again, the ability to chew.

I've got a full year with events and medical issues.  I had been planning to have surgery to correct my bad right arm and possibly some arthroscopic knee work, vend at Comicon and teach at Art Unraveled.  My plans were blown out of the water recently with some female issues.  I've been menopausal for the past 3.5 years, and recently started bleeding and cramping  After much testing, probing, imaging, etc., I have found that I have an extremely fibrous tumor ridden uterus, but thankfully, no cancer.  Tumors were starting to rupture causing the bleeding.  I will be having a hysterectomy on Monday and hopefully taking care of that nuisance.

I was notified by the folks at Comicon a few months ago that I would not be getting in to vend until 2016.  I stopped the harried pace I had been keeping, creating all new sculpts, and focusing on my health and Art Unraveled.  Three days ago I received an email from the Comicon folks that they can indeed fit me in this year.  Hallelujah, however, I lost two months of production time.  Once again plans have been abandoned and I'm scrambling to finish work for Comicon which is at the end of May.  I will only have an artist table this year, but plans are in the works for a larger booth next year.  If anyone is attending Phoenix Comicon 2015, please stop by my table and let me meet you.

Our fixing up of our house is going at a snails pace, and though we want to list it in the next month or so, I think it's further out than that.  I believe I'll be spending another blistering summer in this huge, costly house to air condition.  We're already in the 90's and I'm not a happy camper!

I am also still preparing for the class I'm teaching at Art Unraveled in August.  I hope you consider signing up for my class, I guarantee it's going to be a hoot.  Check out all the classes here: www.artunraveled.com. 

I hope this finds you all well, and that Easter is a true blessing for you.

God Bless,
Meri

5 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

You are certainly a busy gal...maybe not the way you want to be busy...I had some "female" issue and had a little procedure and that fixed it up...didn't need what you are having.
Hoping all goes well with your upcoming events & surgery!
He Is Risen!
warmly,
deb

vivian said...

busy girl! hope all goes well with the surgery. I had a hysterectomy about 20 years ago.. but kept my ovaries. Ive never missed that thing! lol!
90 degrees there and I woke up this morning to a couple inches of snow and the plow going by at 5:00am! Id like a happy medium please.. how about 75 degrees with a slight breeze! lol!
happy weekend my friend
xoxo

donna said...

Aww Meri. Hope you both get to feeling better soon.
Hugs
donna

Beedeebabee said...

Hey Sweet Girl...I was just thinking of you yesterday as I was looking up at your beautiful heart. Funny that today I saw a sweet comment from you. (must be friend-telepathy! You sound sooo busy! Take care of yourself first, Meri. A good little rest when you come home from the hospital would be nice...then you can start running around again. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. Sending love and hugs, xoxo Paulette

agravette said...

It's so wonderful to read your post! How exciting you're getting to attend Comicon...yay! I'll be praying for you during your surgery and recovery. God bless you!